WnSoft Forums

Transitions have suddenly stopped working [SOLVED]

Jane

My PTE Version 11.0.8 seems to have developed a problem with the AV I'm working on at the moment. In the Slide Options>Transition, all the options below Displacement Map in the list have stopped working and instead of the expected transition, they've all defaulted to Slide. It's not just new transitions that are affected - slides that already used any of those options are now using Slide instead. Following a suggestion on another forum, I have now installed Version 11.0.9, but that made no difference. I don't know if it's relevant, but there was a Windows update yesterday (Windows 10) and the problem seems to have started since then. Can anybody help, please?

Hi Jane,

I apologize for this problem with PTE AV Studio and transitions!

This problem should not occur with v11.0.8 if you work with this project all the time. Earlier v11.0.7 could randomly change transitions in certain cases.

I didn't hear about the same problem with v11.0.8 yet, except of one case (if you switch between slides inside the Slide Options window. We fixed this issue in v11.0.9 Beta.

I recommend you manually reassign required transitioms for all affected slides in this project. Save the project. If the problem will occur again, please let me know (you can send me a personal message through this forum).

Hi Igor,

Thanks for replying, I hope all is well with you.

No need to apologise - I suspect the problem lies with the recent Windows automatic update rather than with PTE. Everything was working perfectly in v11.0.8 until the update. Then the problem started as I described above and also occurs in v11.0.9 Beta. I tried creating a new project, as Dave suggested, but had the same problem.

I rescued my original project by choosing a different transition (Shapes) for the slide in question and was able to save it and create an MP4 file as usual. It would be interesting to know if anybody else has found the same problem after installing the latest Windows update, or perhaps it's just me.

I had the Windows 10 update yesterday, but I am still using 11.0.3.

As far as I know I haven't had any problems, but then I rarely use transitions other than Dissolve, Shapes & Page.

Will try to do some tests tomorrow & will install 11.0.9 as a separate version.

Jill

Jane,

Can you send us a copy of your project? If it possible, please send me the all project in a ZIP (see the command "Create backup in a ZIP" from the File menu. Upload to WeTransfer.com or Google Drive and share the download link. You can specify your email address and then copy the download link.

Let me know what slide numbers were affected by that issue with transitions.

Try also uninstall PTE AV Studio and then reinstall v11.0.9 Beta.

Jane & Igor,

I have installed 11.0.9 & tried out some of the Transitions such as Slide, Dissolve with Blur, 3D Cube etc on a new project.
Windows 10 with the latest updates.

All seem to work OK, I have saved & reopened the Project several times.

Also moved slides around & changed Transitions back to Dissolve then back to those below the Displacement Map ones.
No problems at all.

Jane did you have your Project open when Windows updated?
Not that I can see how it would have caused this problem.

Jill

• Thanks 1

On 9/15/2023 at 7:59 PM, Igor said:

Jane,

Can you send us a copy of your project? If it possible, please send me the all project in a ZIP (see the command "Create backup in a ZIP" from the File menu. Upload to WeTransfer.com or Google Drive and share the download link. You can specify your email address and then copy the download link.

Let me know what slide numbers were affected by that issue with transitions.

Try also uninstall PTE AV Studio and then reinstall v11.0.9 Beta.

Here's the WeTransfer link: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/efa9966b90f7296a13f29b219a69603a20230918124704/3f293051d79f56aa9c659810ce03903620230918124704/7099bc

It would take a long time to send the whole project, so I made a new project in v11.0.9 Beta to illustrate the problem. Each slide contains a simple text object with the name of the transition that is (supposed to be) on that slide. The previews all play perfectly in Slide Options, but apart from Cube 3D, they don't work when running the sequence - at least not on my computer!

The next step would be to uninstall PTE AV Studio and then reinstall v11.0.9 Beta, but I haven't done that yet, because I don't have a copy of my original licence key - how do I get a new key to use after the reinstallation?

Jill: I was careful to close down all applications before updating Windows!

Hi Jane,

Thanks for uploading a test project. I see the problem with transitions. It seem that these transitions were damaged in v11.0.7.

I recommend the following solution:

Choose any another transition and then choose the desired transition. Click the OK button to close Slide Options window.

Repeat these steps for each affected slide. Save the project. It should help.

I apologize again for these difficulties!

• Igor changed the title to Transitions have suddenly stopped working [SOLVED]