WnSoft Forums

Solitude

Point well made!

I got my first dslr around 2000 and have shot RAW ever since. Like you, I have them all on a large disc with a backup. Every new advance in Photoshop, or to be more precise, Adobe Camera RAW, makes looking at these RAW images a new experience. I am currently going through my old images in chronological order looking for suitable candidates for dramatic Black and White conversions. ACR gives me all the tools I need to achieve this.

DG

• Like 2

Wonderful, as usual, presentation (the one without the narrative) 

As Roger Hance commented in the YOU TUBE version There is a noticeable difference between the two versions. Personally I found with the narrated version the pictures were a distraction to the words and vice versa.

I fully agree with you points made in the narration (That's why I have over 300K images on my PC) but I would have preferred your making the points with examples of individual pictures. (which I recognize would be a lot more work)

• Like 1

DG

I’ve done that quite a bit over the years, gone back and looked again at what I took. After all, something must have appealed to be at the time. The new tools open that option up even wider.

just found some old balloon images shot with an 11mp camera, but even if I say so myself, I have a few winners amongst these images. 

JRR

Point taken, I just took the easy route there and to be honest it never occurred to me to record my message, but use different images. It was a bit of an after thought too. 

Thanks for this Barry, a topic that most seasoned photographers can relate to.

I enjoyed your theme of using two presentations, we got to see some excellent photos along with thoughtful commentary.

Kieron