WnSoft Forums

30p or 60p?

Laszlo K

Hi all.

I have a dilemma. I have been using PTE since I think V 5.00.

It is one of the better programs in my collection. Truly enjoy working with it since I started. So my dilemma is if it makes a difference to render a project in 30p or 60p? I could not find any answers to this question anywhere on the net.

Is it worth the higher / larger file size?

I now render in both size. I know the 60p is better for slow motion  and figured it might makes transitions smoother but can't see difference

with naked eye.

I make sometimes very short image changes like a dance sequence so it looks close to film like and there it seems to be somewhat more fluid

but maybe I want to see it that way. Hmmm....

Any idea

Laszlo

• Like 1

Thanks a lot Jill.

I do have plenty of room so I don't care for the size factor.

I do have most of my projects re-rendered at 60p from the time line.

Thanks again

Laszlo

Hi Laszlo,

Thank you for your kind words about PTE AV Studio!

Usually all computer monitors work at frequency 60 Hz, when you watch a fullscreen preview in PTE or play EXE show, you see 60 frames per second for animations in your show. MP4 video created with 60p option produces the same visual result (60 frames per second).

You can see a difference between 30p and 60p videos in scenes with fast animations of objects (images or text) or transitions when you watch a MP4 video on a computer monitor.

Note, that if you watch a MP4 video on a TV, you may get a different result. Almost all modern flat TVs have special Frame interpolation function, it means that they automatically convert 30p video to 120p, and 60p to 120p. In this case, 30p and 60p videos look equally smooth on a modern TV.

So we just recommend to create MP4 video with 60p option.

One more thing. In MP4 video output, PTE AV Studio offers a special option - Motion Blur. I recommend to watch excellent video lesson from Barry Beckham to understand what result you may get with this option:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv-jRCLhc-Y

Hi Igor.

Thanks for replying promptly.

Well I guess that is what I have seen and it was not an illusion at 60p. With this project motion blur was not needed because the clip I did was

a dancer back-lit silhouette with a sheer kimono on, 50 consecutive single images /1min 50 sec.on the time line, since the kimono had some motion blur she appears to be dancing / moving for real.

I also watched Berry's tutorial which is quite useful. He is a mountain of knowledge.

Thanks again for the precise explanation.

Laszlo