WnSoft Forums

Auto duck function

Hi.

It would be very nice and very handy to get an auto duck function under PTE to correctly mix voice and music.

I noticed in french projects that many users are not able to mix correctly voice and music.

There is a function under Audacity which performs it perfectly with the default settings.Capturedcran2023-11-05110809.png.f9a7e8366977616eb5b76806d18313e9.png

I use it, but each time I add a slide or modify a slide duration, I have to re-do it, which is discouraging.

Auto Duck can only respond after the event, yes I know you can set how far in front and after to adjust it.

Also you do not want the volume going up and down all the time with every bit of speech.

Much better to do it manually and achieve a smooth change in volume. And what happens when you may have several tracks of both music and speech.

PTE is a Sound mixer, not a sound editor. Trying to cram too much into one program is not always a good thing.

Jill

• Haha 1