WnSoft Forums

Clear cache of waveforms

aplman

The important process Clear cache of waveforms is buried in an inapproprioriate part of the PTE system.  Settings/Preferences/Timeline is not where intuition leads us!

Dear Igor and team, please find the right home for that function.

And Restart PTE to apply changes is not enough of a hint for the next step.  The PTE file has to be loaded again.

• 1 month later...

Dear Igor

Preferences Window is not a good place for that function.

I have needed that function more than once, and each time I had to spend too much time, and endure too much stress, looking around for it.

I  would not presume  to tell you where it should be implemented.  I trust your experienced professional judgement and product knowledge.  I simply beg you -  PLEASE find the right place for it!

Thank you

Ken Travers.

I think I have only used it once and automatically went to the audio tab of Project Options to look for it.

But I agree with Igor that it is not something you need frequently, so preferences/timeline is the next most logical place.

Jill

Hi Ken,

If it possible, please try to reproduce a situation when this issue with corrupted waveforms occurs. And write me a step by step instruction how to reproduce it. Probably we will able to improve the code for waveforms.

• 1 month later...

Sorry Igor, your latest post escaped my notice.

I cannot force the error situation to occur.  It happened to me a few times, but no more times recently.

My only suspicion is that I had some other program open that was greedy about memory, possiblr Excel.  Nowadays, I try to let nothing interfere with my PTE work.

Grateful thanks

Ken T.