WnSoft Forums

The Wonderful World of Richard Savoie

The video features amazingly beautiful and warm paintings by the famous contemporary Canadian artist Richard Savoie.
Richard Savoy's paintings delight the eye with their magical and festive light, truly cozy composition and themes.
White snow is presented in the artist’s paintings in the entire breadth of cold shades of the color palette - white, cold, blue and purple.
All this is so skillfully combined with all the shades of warm light pouring from everywhere, which flows onto the snow-covered streets from the windows of houses, city lamps and headlights of passing cars...
Winter is cold, the cities seem to be made of snow and ice... But spring will come soon, the snow will melt and then...
Enjoy watching.

• Like 1

I quite enjoy watching these videos of paintings although I must admit that I have never been one for truly appreciating paintings and the artistes, so these videos have certainly been an enjoyable eye opener and learning experience.

Also, talking of learning experience, although I have probably seen this before, this time whilst watching I noticed the ‘transition/slide styles’ that only happened on the image in the middle of the screen and not on the blurred background.

How was this done please? Just out of interest I have tried it on a test project but cannot seem to replicate.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xenofex2 said:

How was this done please? Just out of interest I have tried it on a test project but cannot seem to replicate.

Xenofex2, glad that you liked these pictures! They are really interesting and beautiful. I made transitions inside the slides (internal transitions) from picture to picture using two identical masks. The first mask (lower) appears at 200-500 mlsec. before the main one. And uses a solid white layer (rectangle) instead of painting. The second mask (top) is ordinary. This is done to give the transition better contrast and beauty.
Good luck and good health to you!

'The first mask (lower) appears at 200-500 mlsec. before the main one. And uses a solid white layer (rectangle) instead of painting. The second mask (top) is ordinary. This is done to give the transition better contrast and beauty'

Wow, truly impressive.

• Like 1