WnSoft Forums

Solving the problem with music in PTE

Igor

I've read two topics where at least several users found problem with sound/music in PicturesToExe. Please can you help me with solving of this problem:

1) Please describe shortly your PC or laptop (CPU with one or dual core?), version of Windows and what sound card you have.

2) As I've understood "Duration button" (in Project options | Music tab) shows 00:00 empty length of added sound files? And 00:00 in the timeline window and warning when you try to press Preview button?

3) And problem occurs with WMA and MP3 files, too?

4) Please try with this MP3 file (192 kbit, 44 KHz): http://www.wnsoft.com/test/1.mp3 (1.6 MB)

5) What version of PTE you have installed - most likely - v4.45?

6) If problem occurs with newest v4.45, please download previous v4.44 here and try again:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/pte444.zip (1.5 MB)

(Please make sure that you will work with v4.44 - check up the caption of the main window)

7) Try this example of slide-show, which I've created in PTE v4.45:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/show/v445_Per_aspera_ad_astra.zip (1.5 MB)

p.s. I've checked up code of v4.45 several times - it shouldn't contains new errors - I very carefully change old code. And since June (v4.42) I've changed only one line of the code with not critical place in the music player.

Anyway I'll try to solve this problem ASAP.

Please try with this MP3 file (192 kbit, 44 KHz): http://www.wnsoft.com/test/1.mp3

(1.6 MB)

I have tried with your test mp3 file and still I do not get any sound in 'Preview' mode with version 4.45

Try this example of slide-show, which I've created in PTE v4.45:

This slide show runs OK and it has sound. (this is because it is an exe file I guess)

Here is my problem:

When I create a new show I add mp3 music to the project and when I select the 'Preview' option the show runs OK but the MUSIC DOES NOT PLAY. If I go ahead and create the slide show (make the exe file) the slide show plays OK and includes the music.

Ron West

Igor,

I have a similar problem with my new laptop. (running Win Media XP Pro, using a single mp3 music file).

I can play the "exe" file OK, and I can preview the show in the small timeline preview window, but I cannot preview the show from the main window. The playback stops at the first slide and doesn't proceed any further. Also, there is no music. However, the project music menu tells me that I have music installed and gives me the proper length (1.06 in the case of your example). I do not get a warning message that there is no music on board. This problem occurs in both version 4.44 and 4.45. Everything is fine with the same files on my desktop.

I ran all of the tests you suggested above, and nothing helped. The special music test file runs OK and gives me the proper length.

Specs:

Win XP Pro (SP2)

Laptop: HP zd8000

RAM: 1 Gb

CPU: 3.192 Gb

Video: ATI MOBILITY RADEON X600

External MAudio "Audiophile" firewire sound-module

Internal audio: Conexant AC-97 Audio

The problem could be peculiar to my own setup, but it is strange that it is similar to the problem that a couple of other members are experiencing.

A terrific problem! Fullscreen preview button in fact just same EXE file which doesn't include embedded music/pictures, but plays/shows original files.

Al,

The only additional thing that I'd want to exactly learn. Does this problem happen with ALL MP3 files or only with PARTICULAR MP3 file?

For example, please try with my "1.mp3" file (see the link above) and let me know about result.

If it's possible, please send me to int_support(..replace..)wnsoft.com your .pte project file and MP3 file.

p.s. I just thought, maybe MP3 file is locked by some program (sound editor, player?)?

Try to make a copy of this MP3 file (with whom the problem occurs), place to another folder, and use it in the project instead of original MP3 file?

Does this problem happen with ALL MP3 files or only with PARTICULAR MP3 file?

With all mp3 files.

For example, please try with my "1.mp3" file (see the link above) and let me know about result.

Same problem with "1.mp3"

If it's possible, please send me to int_support(..replace..)wnsoft.com your .pte project file and MP3 file.

OK

p.s. I just thought, maybe MP3 file is locked by some program (sound editor, player?)?

Try to make a copy of this MP3 file (with whom the problem occurs), place to another folder, and use it in the project instead of original MP3 file?

Still same problem.

I should add that when I use the "slice of bread" icon to preview from a particular slide, the preview always transitions to black instead of to the next slide.

But only on my laptop - everything is OK on my desktop with a similar system setup and win XP pro.

I've read two topics where at least several users found problem with sound/music in PicturesToExe. Please can you help me with solving of this problem:

1) Please describe shortly your PC or laptop (CPU with one or dual core?), version of Windows and what sound card you have.

2) As I've understood "Duration button" (in Project options | Music tab) shows 00:00 empty length of added sound files? And 00:00 in the timeline window and warning when you try to press Preview button?

3) And problem occurs with WMA and MP3 files, too?

4) Please try with this MP3 file (192 kbit, 44 KHz): http://www.wnsoft.com/test/1.mp3 (1.6 MB)

5) What version of PTE you have installed - most likely - v4.45?

6) If problem occurs with newest v4.45, please download previous v4.44 here and try again:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/pte444.zip (1.5 MB)

(Please make sure that you will work with v4.44 - check up the caption of the main window)

7) Try this example of slide-show, which I've created in PTE v4.45:

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/show/v445_Per_aspera_ad_astra.zip (1.5 MB)

p.s. I've checked up code of v4.45 several times - it shouldn't contains new errors - I very carefully change old code. And since June (v4.42) I've changed only one line of the code with not critical place in the music player.

Anyway I'll try to solve this problem ASAP.

My PC is running Windows XP with all latest downloads. Not sure what the soundcard is - sorry.

I am using ver 4,45 of PTE

Tried your sample Per Aspera that works ok.

Tried your sample MP3 file after a few seconds it failed and an error box came up from Mozilla asking for info about it. (I use Mozilla nad Thunderbird.)

Not yet tried ver 4.45.

You are quite right in you assumption that when I ask for music length all I get is zeros even thaough the music file is loaded. The music just will not play. Gilbert

Al, Gilbert,

1) So when you press "Show Music Duration" button (Project options | Music tab) you always see "00:00" length and when you try to open timeline window you see the text "Please visit Music tab and add sound file"?

2) Please download this utility I've prepared, it will show duration of selected MP3 file.

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/ShowLength.exe (400 KB)

If it shows "Length: 0 ms.", it will help me to more exactly determine the problem.

Ron,

Can you try with another MP3 file? For example this file: http://www.wnsoft.com/test/1.mp3

I have tried this new mp3 and it still does not play!

I also downloaded and ran your small utility and the mp3 size shows as 1:06:690

I prepared new test. Please download again this file

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/ShowLength.exe

1) Press "Open file and play" button. After it show duration of MP3 file, it should start playback. Close this utility.

2) Start again this utility. Press "Play" button. Music should plays.

Please let me know about two results.

Igor

error message that your 2nd one is not a valid windows application

but this one

2) Please download this utility I've prepared, it will show duration of selected MP3 file.

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/ShowLength.exe (400 KB)

If it shows "Length: 0 ms.", it will help me to more exactly determine the problem.

shows 66690ms

and plays on my system

ken

Al, Gilbert,

1) So when you press "Show Music Duration" button (Project options | Music tab) you always see "00:00" length and when you try to open timeline window you see the text "Please visit Music tab and add sound file"?

2) Please download this utility I've prepared, it will show duration of selected MP3 file. ..........

Igor,

With my problem, the music shows up in the project file OK, and the indicated length is OK, but the preview just won't play properly. When I attempt a partial preview (using the "slice of bread"), the preview just transitions to black with no sound being heard at all.

Your second utility ("ShowLength.exe") worked OK, indicating the correct music length for the several mp3 files that I tested, including your "1.mp3".

I think I may have a slightly different problem than Ronnie and Gilbert.

Download this ZIP archive http://www.wnsoft.com/test/ptemusic.zip (3.8 MB) and extract to disc C:\

(After extracting there should be: C:\ptemusic folder with files inside).

1) Please run 4 EXE files you'll find inside. And let me know about result.

(For example, ptemusic1.exe - OK.

ptemusic_synced.exe - NO MUSIC)

2) If all four EXE file work, open ptemusic.pte project file (you will find it in this folder) in PicturesToExe and try to run Preview.

Thank you all for testing and help!

I have been following this thread. In PTE 4.44, following results of Igor's last message:

1 pte_prev1.exe - error message on black screen

2 pte_prev_synced.exe - same as above

3 ptemusic1.exe - plays OK

4 ptemusic_synced.exe - plays OK

5 ptemusic.pye - plays OK, shows music duration as 51 sec

Computer: WinXP Home, ASUS P5ND2 MB, 2Gb RAM, Intel P D 3.0Ghz

Bill

Bill,

If you don't have problems with music described in this topic, most likely that you didn't unpack ZIP archive into disc C:\

I specially prepared two variants of EXE files - created with embedded pictures/music and EXE without pictures (as in Preview).

Hi Igor,

I am not sure it's the same problem, but one of Diapositif's member made a show with this file , two of our members didn't have the sound when all the other members had the sound.

I send the mp3 file to one of the two people who don't have sound to test the file, he succeed to listen the file with windows media and nero media player but not with real one player.

I open the file with Golwave and save it (It was a different file, I control with Edit hexa) and send it to him, and once a more he can't have sound neither with PTE (I made a special show to test), neither with real one player.

I just know that this person has XP on his PC, if it's nteresting for you to know, I can ask the 2 persons wich PC they have.

Al,

Ok, perfect!

However, preview only brings up the first slide, and this stays on until I press Esc.

1) Please download this utility http://www.wnsoft.com/test/CopyPreview.exe

2) Open again this project and run preview (I know, without music yet).

3) Press Alt+Tab and (don't close this preview) run my new utility, press "Copy" button there.

4) You'll find new Preview.exe file in C:\ptemusic folder. Please send it to my email address.

JP,

I have no problem with that file in a compiled exe show. But still no luck with the preview.

By the way, Igor, if I take out the music from my show the preview works OK, so the problem must be tied in with the sound problem somehow.

Al,

Thanks, I've received your file.

It plays fine.

1) But how this preview.exe file plays on your PC being located in C:\ptemusic folder?

2) Another moment. You wrote that created EXE file plays OK.

Please visit main menu | File | and choose "Create SlideShow and Run" (Ctrl+F9) it will create EXE file and run it immediately. Please let me know will music plays in this case.

(I apologize that this beta-testing is so difficult!)