WnSoft Forums

PTE AV STudio11 on Mac Crashed and will not restart!!!!!! [SOLVED]

tc_leeds

Help! I am in the middle of preparing numerous presentations and PTE has crashed out on my Mac. So far nothing I have tried will get it to work. I have binned the app and reinstalled after shutting down but NOTHING. according to the thumbnail in the dock it is open but there is nothing at all. I cannot open any of my project files and cannot understand what has gone wrong. It crashed out when I was using Preview whist recording in Camtasia 2022 and I am currently at a loss as to how to get going again.

Anyone else having problems on Macs?

Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 14.27.48.png

Just as an additional piece of info the top menu bar is functional in that I can select anything in the menu but nothing comes up on screen. There is no PTE screen at all!

Baffled and concerned.

TC

Screenshot-2024-01-29-at-14.39.43.jpg

Hi Tony,

Don't know about Mac's but on a PC sometimes the .lock file gets left if PTE closes unexpectedly.

If the .lock file is present, then delete it & see what happens.

It cures the problem on Windows, so may also do on a Mac

Jill

In the Mac screen above there is a tiny rectangular window under the PTE top menu bar at the very left hand side of the screen. I have managed to get back some way into the software. However, on dragging out the tiny window some of the PTE window sizes had been changed e.g. the File Tree and File List window. I have managed to resize these in the usual way but in the image below you will see that the Slide List is not viewable and dragging to get it back is not available If I go to the Timeline I can resize as usual but it makes no difference to the Slide List. Consequently it is not possible to use PTE in this mode. I have tried various things including deleting the software, shutting down and then re-installing, but still to no avail. 

Any suggestions? Igor?

Screenshot2024-01-29at15_39_20.png.f3e4a36b48d31b4f452806afe6350160.png

Resolved. Had to delete PTE AV Studio from Mac, then make a copy of and then delete  the PTE AV Studio Folder from User (me)/Library/Aplication Support/ and install latest Sonoma 14.3 Operating System. Once new OS installed downloaded PTE AV Studio for WnSoft and install and then find my Serial Number! Once up and running copied all my templates from save folder and reload into Templates in PTE AV Studio/Templates folder in Application Support. 

At present all is well but I have never had any issues like this before.

TC

Hi,

I apologize for this problem! Glad that you found the solution.

You've gave me an idea why it might happen (zero size of the main window after some fault). We'll learn the code to provide a correct start of PTE in such cases.

P.S. Earlier we suggested the following solution for Mac users to reset a configuration of PTE AV Studio:

Reset settings of PTE AV Studio 11 or 10.5 on your Mac:

1. Make sure that PTE AV Studio is not launched in the Dock. Or restart your Mac.

2. Download the following special uninstaller and run it.

For V11.0: https://files.wnsoft.com/pteavstudio/RemovePTEAVStudio.app-11-0.zip
For V10.5: https://files.wnsoft.com/pteavstudio/RemovePTEAVStudio.app-10-5.zip

3. Tick an option 'Reset PTE AV Studio configuration'. Confirm the uninstallation.

4. Run PTE AV Studio again.

• Igor changed the title to PTE AV STudio11 on Mac Crashed and will not restart!!!!!! [SOLVED]

Thanks Igor, not like PTE AV Studio to crash as it is usually very stable. There have been issues with other software when running Sonoma 14.2.1 so I guess the quick release of 14.3 was to be expected. Thanks for the workaround, I will save it on the Mac. 
TC

Tony,

We've received several messages about similar issue on Mac from other users last several months. After reading your messages, now I realized now that it could be the same issue. It looks as sometimes (very rarely) PTE starts on Mac with a zero size of the main window. We never saw this problem on our Macs. However we'll try to find the permanent solution to avoid such problem in future. As a temporary solution, Mac users can apply our instruction I've suggested above.

Thanks again for your message.