WnSoft Forums

Movie Format for friends in Germany

Hello we live in the USA and have friends in Germany. I understand their TVs are PAL and here in  the USA is NTSC.  If I build a video and send on a flash drive should it be formatted in EXFAT and rendered in PAL or NTSC format? Can one render in PAL with Wnsoft PTE? If uploaded to Vimeo must it be rendered differently for our friends.in Germany to see. Thank you for your help. Bill

Wanted to ask if this applies too when they play a video from our flash drive on their computers? Thanks again Bill

I think most drives are in NTFS format - at least for Windows. Assume Mac is the same as they can be read on both systems.

Just Publish an MP4 at 60p and it should work, but I think some older TV's will only play 30p.

Jill

Hi,

I agree with comments above.

Choose a MP4 with 1920 x 1080 (HD) and create 2 variants - 60p (the best option) and 30p (for compatibility).

Note, that many TVs cannot play video files from EXFAT formatted external USB drives! Use NTFS formatting instead.

Hello friends at Wnsoft forum. Thank you for your suggestions. Formatting a flash drive here in the US varies. Our recently new Sony BRAVA TV will play a 4K video from a flash drive when formatted in EXFAT and other brands will not. Then also older Sony TVs will not work with EXFAT. What a joy to use Wnsoft software on our M1 MAC. Currently building a 40 minute 4K video with slides taken from a trip I took to the High Tatry Mountains in 1987. Already around 50 hours of labor and Wnsoft is running  flawlessly. Not one single glitch!! Thank you Igor for such a fine product!!

• Like 1