WnSoft Forums

Where to start

RCRA

I am a complete novice when it comes to AV, and want to put together a couple of hundred images including a mixture of 6 shot panoramas,  landscape,  portrait and square format shots together with map screenshots and slides with information about the subjects.

After watching a number of Barry's excellent videos, I purchased the software and created a simple mp4 file and realised the error of my ways!   AI does not resize non 16 x 9 images and a lot more user input will be required from me .

I have searched the forum with the term "beginner" and browsed Barry's You tube playlists but have not been able to find a step by step guide to getting started, which is what I probably need to do.

Can anyone point me in the right direction or suggest a book which would guide me?

I would eventually like to add audio, but just getting the visuals would be a start.

Hi RCRA. Welcome to the forum. If it is any consolation I was in the same boat as you. Don't despair and post lots of questions. May I suggest Barry Beckhams video "Lets make a Slideshow" It walks you through the basics. I find it helpful to have the tutorial on another devise so I can stop the tutorial whilst I carry out the instruction. Good luck.

Rosemary

https---www.google.com-search-q=barry+beckham+let%27s+make+a+slideshow+with+music&rlz=1C1CHBD_enCA850CA850&oq=Barry+Beckhan+L.url

• Like 1

Also see the Online Help files  https://docs.pteavstudio.com/

You can easily resize images by going into Objects & Animation (O&A) and when an Object is selected you will see the Grab Handles around it.
Simply drag these with your mouse to resize as needed.

If you have several images all the same size then you can use the Quick Slide Style.
Do the first Manually, then 'Create Quick Style', Select all the other images & 'Apply Quick Style' and they will be resized accordingly.

PTE is a great program, very easy to get started but extremely powerful allowing you to do anything you can imagine.

Jill

• Like 2

With regard to non 16x9 images in a 16x9 project you can use "Cover Screen" instead of the default "Fit to Screen". Some adjustment up or down might be needed to get the composition that you want. In some cases it might be possible to "squash" your images from 3x2 into the 16x9 format without causing any visual problem.

https://docs.pteavstudio.com/en-us/11.0/objectsandanimation_1/properties_tab?s[]=fit&s[]=screen#common

• Like 1

Welcome RCRA.  I understand completely and have to agree that PTEAV is not the easiest app to jump into and start creating on day one.  I had been using a more intuitive piece of slideshow software for a number of years but that went out of business which is why I transitioned to PTE.  PTEAV is extremely powerful and you really need to get into the weeds and play around with all of the features and effects.  Watching Barry's videos was a great help as well as posting questions on this forum.  My shows are limited to vacation travelogues so obviously I am not using PTEAV on a regular basis so sort of have to relearn things every time I use it. 

• Like 1