WnSoft Forums

Changing the title of a template

I have made templates from all my PTE AV shows. How do I change the title of the template to read "Norwegian Cruise 2019 - Geringer? The template is just titled "Geringer" which separates it from the rest of the ports of call. I have tried going to Templates but I can't see an option to change the title there. 

I have also reloaded the template, saved it to the desktop, changed the name and then resaved it to Templates. I was hoping for an easier way if that is possible.

Thanks, Rosemary

It is easy enough to open a Template and Create a New Template with a different name. You do not have to save it to your desktop.

See "Manage Templates" for the location of your Template Folder.

However, deleting the original seems to be a problem. I have just looked at it quickly and unless someone has a better idea I can only suggest going to your folder for Templates and deleting the original Template folder. Maybe I have missed something - it is late for me.

DG

You can change the name by going to Windows Explorer & rename the .PT Folder.

It shows in the List of Templates with the new name - However it will not Open within PTE.

So I think the only way is to open the existing Template, Create a new Template from that with the name you want & then Delete the existing .PT Folder using Explorer. Not that difficult to do.

Jill

Thank you Igor for all your hard work and trying to keep all your PTE users happy. The route I took to change the title was cumbersome but achieved the desired result. I look forward to all the changes in the next version.

Rosemary

• Like 1

In addition to Igor's reply above he has pointed out that it is possible to DELETE a Template by clicking on File/Templates/Manage Templates which takes you to the Preferences/Templates dialogue. Once there you can select a Template from the Dropdown Menu and click on the "X" to delete it.

Untitled-1.jpg.236830ee742b7b126ae1d25cec0b73b6.jpg