WnSoft Forums

Advanced text effects with mask

Igor

I seen The Chronicle of Narnia DVD and I like the way how "Walt Disney Picture" logo appears.

Look at this demo created in PicturesToExe 5

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/show/TextEffects.zip (470 KB)

Here I used text image, black gradient to make smooth appearing of the text, yellow spot light to highlight text, and mask to hide yellow light outside of the text.

That's a cool effect Igor! It seems there is no end to what can be done with objects when you have the versatility of P2E. Great job with this - there are going to be lots of people scrambling at the competition to try and catch up!! :D

One effect I would like to be able to create but haven't been able to figure out how is the "Star Wars" text effect where the text scrolls up, but it appears to be lying back at about 30 degrees as if the lettering were tipped backward with the top being further away from the viewer. As it scrolls upward it gets smaller and appears to eventually disappear into space.

The getting smaller and disappearing while scrolling upward is easy, but the effect of being tilted backward has me puzzled. Perhaps using PhotoShop or PixBuilder to "distort" a text block might work, or perhaps just purchasing some "perspective fonts"?

Best regards,

Lin

Lin try this.

Distort the text using perspective in PS so that your text layer (you will have to merge to a new layer before attemping this) is narrow at the top and wide at the bottom.

In PTE bring it in from off screen at the bottom and pan upwards while zooming from large to small. Don't let the text disappear off screen - fade it out toward the end and keep on screen. Otherwise it looks as though it is changing course.

Add "Star Wars" music for effect - it worked for me.

DaveG

I like this text effect! I have been reading all postings about v5 and downloading the examples -- some of which amaze me that the testers come up with such clever uses of the technology.

However, I would like to clarify something, Igor, if you have a minute to answer. Although it appears that my video card supports most of the effects I have tested, if I would not use the pan and zoom effects requiring the new engine, would I still be able to use the secondary (lesser requirements) engine for my shows and have the ability to use all of these wonderful object animations that I am seeing? (This would be for shows that I am selling and so I would have no control over which computer/graphics card combination the user might have).

Thanks for your help, and most especially, thanks for giving us such a wonderful product!!

I seen The Chronicle of Narnia DVD and I like the way how "Walt Disney Picture" logo appears.

Look at this demo created in PicturesToExe 5

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/show/TextEffects.zip (470 KB)

Here I used text image, black gradient to make smooth appearing of the text, yellow spot light to highlight text, and mask to hide yellow light outside of the text.

Hi Igor,

I've been noticing that when I add text as an object at "0" rotation, it seems to be off by about one degree requiring a correction of approximately -1 degree (minus one degree) to get it horizontal. Am I seeing things or is there actually a slight 'off horizontal" for the default of zero degrees?

After taking a better look - It's not P2E, it's PhotoShop CS which is importing the slight off horizontal because I see it there where I create the text - definitely NOT a p2e issue - sorry........

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

Please look at this slide-show:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4363

I think that a little compression of a text vertically at last keypoint will intensify effect.

Hi Igor, Dave,

Thanks - that works well. I'm still experimenting but I think I have the hang of it.

Igor, I was looking at the effects on the Star Wars trailers and I think you could get a closer approximation if you created the masks in a "Star" shape. As I look at their effects it seems instead of just a "spot" they are showing "star shaped" bursts at different points so if the "spot" mask had the shape of a star the effect would be almost perfect when added to what you already have.

Lin