WnSoft Forums

Masks ? What for ?

thedom

An other little demo to show how "masks and layers" can be used with PTE v5 (10,5 Mo).

icon_pa_download.gif

Honestly, nothing revolutionary, but simple things just to give ideas. :)

As usual, if you have other ideas or possible improvements, you are more than welcome to tell...

Those examples of special effects are amazing - very well done! Dom, you have an incredibly fertile imagination! (wonder how Alta Vista translates that!! :lol: )

Seriously, though, I enjoyed your examples very much - especially the thunder and lightning scene - very effective! Well done! :)

Thank you for the full project!

For the moment, I think many users will study all the projects: it's not easy (the first time) for some people to work with masks (example) and to propose such different animations.

The examples are welcome and very instructive and each will can see it's not so difficult.

This version 5 gives a great quality of work with a lot of creativity and a very fine, smooth moving of the images/objects.

After the final release, I'm sure we will have "bit by bit :) " some innovatrice presentations.

An other little demo to show how "masks and layers" can be used with PTE v5 (10,5 Mo).

icon_pa_download.gif

As usual, if you have other ideas or possible improvements, you are more than welcome to tell...

Hey Dom,

Love the lens flare and lightening flash! Nice effects...

Lin

icon_pa_download.gif

It would be great if I could down load your demonstration but I am only on a dial up.

Have you got a printed tutorial

Thank you

It would be great if I could down load your demonstration but I am only on a dial up.

Have you got a printed tutorial

Thank you

Hi Royo,

No, sorry, no tutorial but if you really are interested in this demo, I can reduce size of images to the maximum possible and remove the music.

What is the biggest size file you can download without beeing too painfull for you ?

icon_pa_download.gif

Dom,

I've tried a couple of times to download this project. Each time the download appears to work OK. But, I do not get a zipped file. When I try to open what I do get, there is an error message " Only part of the ReadProcesMemory or the WriteProcessMemory was completed"

Do you have any idea what is wrong?

John

John,

the file you are refering to in your mesage is the exe and is not zipped :

http://thefreedom.free.fr/PTE/PTEMasks.exe

Here is the link to download the PTE project :

http://thefreedom.free.fr/PTE/PTEMasks.zip

If you have problem when opening this .zip file, I really don't know why. Sorry. :(

Did you try to download and to open the "light" PTE project ?

http://thefreedom.free.fr/PTE/PTEMasks2.zip

Dom: I am new here also. I downloaded the Masks2 Lite version and extracted the zip files

using the default Windows XP or IE extractor wizard. Then the default Window offers: run slide show.

Is that the correct version or am I supposed to double click PTE Masks.pte? If so, Windows says

it does not recognize that file extension and cannot find a source for it on the web.

Comments?

Martin

To run PTE Masks.pte, you need to open the programme PTE 5.00 beta #3, which you should have in a separate folder. Then it is File>Open and call up "PTE Masks.pte" from whereever you have it filed. Click on the Preview button and there you have it.

Good luck and welcome.

Ron [uK]

I extracted the pte Masks again to a familiar folder. Then opened P2E ver.5/Open. All the slides show on the bottom, but if I click on any of the three buttons, Create, Preview, or Icon, I get an error message box that say under Pictures Not Found: Background Music: J :\Air\Air\ etc..... so it won't run.

Any comments?

Martin,

It's quite strange, it means that PTE didn't find the background music. :huh:

You can resolve this in two steps :

- remove the music :

project > project options > "music" tab > select the mp3 file > click on "remove" button > click on "ok". Then try to preview the slideshow.

The slideshow should run without any music.

- add the music with the correct link :

project > project options > "music" tab > click on "add" button > find the "soundtrack mask.mp3" file (should be in the folder where you unzipped the project) and double click on it > click on "ok". Then try to preview the slideshow.

The slideshow should run with the music this time. :)

Hope it will work...

Guest Techman1

thedom,

Thank you for sharing this with us. You have created numerous effects in this sample PTE creation. I too really like the lightning effect along with the camera (view finder) look on that photo with the white border and camera shutter release sound.

Great job and thanks for including the project & files! It makes it much easier to see how everything was put together.

Regards,

Fred

Dom: I must have a corrupted version of Beta#3 (Trial, I haven't purchased yet). I tried what you said and still get the error message.

I know the sound file is there and works because I played it on Windows Media Player.

Then I deleted Masks2 using MyComputer and downloaded Masks2 again with the same results.

(When I click on the Sound bar to add a file, adding the Masks2 sound file gives a slightly different additional 2nd error message that it can't find the Dom sound file).

Thanks for your suggestions.

Martin

• 3 weeks later...