WnSoft Forums

Source File Templates Wanted

Bubba

I believe some kind P2E members are willing to share their hard work on their projects. I know I need to learn to do the effects myself but sometimes I get a little lazy. I also admire and enjoy the great shows others have put out.

My request is this: please share your source files. With these others should be able to relatively simply change the photos in the project and probably the music and have a great slideshow. P2E beta 5 is new and not many full size shows have been made so far. But as we all learn, the results are a big leap forward in what is possible.

The Dom has a place to share these (http://thefreedom.free.fr/share/) and I have experimented a little using them with my own photos. I don't know if any one else has a website to share them.

I simply renamed my photos to the name the original author had named his. I checked the properties of the original photos and resized mine to match. The music can easily be changed to what I have or want. So far most of the source file shows are short demos though.

I feel a little guilty using someone else's templates/source files but I know those who shared must have expected others to use them. I would like to complete a couple vacation slideshows and using the templates would make it easy until I can master the techniques in the new version of P2E. And let's face it, many folks, including myself sometimes, simply would like an easy and quick way to produce interesting sideshows without the steep learning curve.

My sincere thanks to those sharing their shows and source files.

Bubba

Bubba,

I don't want to be rude, but I'm a little bit sceptical about your request, not about asking to share the PTE projects, there is no problem - for me at least - but about the ability to use an existing PTE project to make an other full slideshow by just replacing pictures.

But you gave me an idea : what about a PTE Project - a kind of template - showing several simple PZR effects that could be used by people not confortable with PTE V5 ?

Each slide of this template could be individually copied and pasted in your project.

By example, if you want to have a four pictures animation effect in your slideshow, you would just copy the slide corresponding to this effect and paste it in your project. And you would just have to replace the pictures.

So, what do you think about it ?

If you are interested, I can start something. Just tell me... :)

The Dom,

Great idea mate! Please send me a real example of what you are thinking and I will try it out for you.

Nothing beats learning how to use version 5 properly though, but in the meantime what you are suggesting sounds very useful, as long as it is user friendly.

Ron

The Dom,

Yes, very good idea, about the templates with the PZR effects. I am interested too.

Thank you and other members of the forum for sharing all your different demos and excellent demonstrations. They are a great help to me and there is still a lot to learn. Very impressive.

Cor

I tried copying and pasting slides to another fresh show -- no go

is there a way?

ken

Ken,

Open two instances of PTE v.5.

Open the O/A window of the slide you want to copy objects from, in one of the shows, and the O/A window of the slide you want to copy objects to in the other show.

Select the objects you want to copy (use "Shift-select" to select more than one). Hit the "copy" button.

Select where in the other show you want to copy these objects to, and hit "Paste".

Ron and Cor,

Thank you for the encouragements.

Ron, you 're absolutely right, the templates has to be really "user friendly".

I already have ideas but I need to think about it a little bit more.

But I promiss, I will post something in a couple of days... :)

Ken,

Hawk gave us the solution here as an answer to JPD :

JPD

Give this a try.

What I have done is – right click on image in the “ Slide List – choose “ Copy “

*** Do not close PTE.

Go to “ File “ - New / or Open your new working project, and in Slide List – right click and “ Paste “

This does copy all the “ Objects & Annimation “ of the sample image.

Now - " Save as "

Open other samples and repeat.

You should be able to Copy / Paste your samples into one show

I have done this using one of Al's samples

You cannot close PTE and restart, nor can you “ Select All “ / Copy in Object and Annimation section and “ Paste “ into new project. ( this can only be pasted into existing project, as I am sure you are aware )

The Dom,

Your help is much appreciated. I'm glad this idea seems to show some promise. Your work and all the others (i.e. Al, Ken, Ronniebootwest, etc) is what makes P2E so much greater. I'll also try to help test as my limited skills and time permit.

Bubba

But remember that you will have to manually insert any music (copy and paste doesn't work for music files) and you will possibly need to modify the ending transitions and perhaps insert a "black or white, etc.) page between the elements if the shows differ greatly. But it is possible to string together multiple pte files into a single slideshow quite quickly this way and with a few "tweaks" make it work very well.

Best regards,

Lin

As promised, here is my attempt to make a PTE template.

This is only a first beta version to be sure that the way I made it is enough user friendly.

For each slide, there is a sample picture (defined as "main image") to show directly in the slide list what the effect looks like without having to open the O/A window (easier and faster to find an effect).

TheDom-TPLTut.jpg

On this sample picture :

- if there is an animation (Pan/Zoom/Rotate/Opacity) :

there is a picture showing the "begginning of the animation" on the left and one other picture on the right showing the "end of the animation".

- if there is no animation :

just a single picture of course

I put the sample picture outside the screen and once the slide is copied in the target project, the user can remove it

(the description of the sample is : "SAMPLE #n - CAN BE REMOVED").

If the sample is not explicit enough, I think I will add in the future pictograms at the bottom of the sample showing :

- number of pictures to be replaced involved

- if the time slide can or cannot be changed by the user (as long as the ability to spread keypoints is not avalaible ;) , if there are intermediate keypoints, the time slide can not be changed without impact)

- and other pictograms if needed ...

(The problem is that I don't want to have too many things on the sample picture because it will be confusing).

In the O/A window, the name of the pictures to replace are :

- REPLACE PIC01_Portrait

- REPLACE PIC02_Landscape

- REPLACE PIC03_Landscape

- etc...

Each picture of a same slide have a different color and a different name.

The idea is :

- to quickly stabilize the principles and objects (pictures to replace) used to build the templates.

- once we agree on this principles, every one can start to make their templates and to share them.

People who already have used a template A created by X won't have to think again on how to use a template B created by Y because everybody will use the same principles and the same objects to make their templates.

Anyway, here is my first template avalaible on my site in the new section : "PTE templates" ! ;)

I included three animations.

icon_pa_download.gif

(284 Ko)

Please try it and let me know what you think, suggestions, possible improvements...

Thank you. :)

TheDome, thank you very much for all your work about demos and effects you are making about PTE v5. It's a very useful and stimulant stuff!

Continuez s'il vous plaît! I will add as soon as possible a link to your site on my "guru.to.it".

Seems like I'm always a couple days late, and I have not read all the postings in this thread, but I will add my support for a great idea theDom! As Ron points out, there's no substitute for doing it yourself, but if one is in a hurry, or wants to not dive into the deep end the first day out, this seems like a great way to test the waters.

I vote yes!

Thanks. :)

I did say that these things should be user friendly didn't I?

Well I could not understand what this template is supposed to achieve and I didn't even know how to use it.

It did not pass the 'test' of being user friendly - not yet anyway.

Ron

I did say that these things should be user friendly didn't I?

Well I could not understand what this template is supposed to achieve and I didn't even know how to use it.

It did not pass the 'test' of being user friendly - not yet anyway.

Ron

Hi there, I can get your templates to run in PTE. However, how do you replace the diagram images with actual pics so that they animate as do the diagram ones? Incidentally there is only one landscape picture, not two nor can I find the portrait that is said to be there. Cheers, Derek

Hi there, I can get your templates to run in PTE. However, how do you replace the diagram images with actual pics so that they animate as do the diagram ones? Incidentally there is only one landscape picture, not two nor can I find the portrait that is said to be there. Cheers, Derek

Hi Derek,

Thank you for your interest.

You don't see the portrait picture because it is under the landscape picture and it appears only in the middle of the animation (while the landscape picture dissapears).

Anyway, to replace the pictures, it's really easy.

In the Object and Animation Window, in the "Properties" tab (see picture attached for each step) :

1 - Select the image you want to replace

2 - Click on the "folder" icon on the top right and choose your image

Make step 1 and 2 for each picture to replace.

3 - Press Play to see the result. That's all !

See picture attached to have visual indications.

Hope it helps. :)

Ron, I don't understand your answer, did you read the explanations in my post and did you really tried to use the template ??? :blink:

post-2148-1157138086_thumb.jpg

thedome,

Thank you very much for all your work, it's a very nice looking layout.

I played a little bit with it and I think it will be very useful in some projects as well.

You asked for suggestions, I'll try to explain:

When I first looked and tried the templates, I had to look what will it do and what shall I have to do to change the pictures. In the beginning it was a little bit confusing and also a bit overwhelming. It was only after some time playing with it that I have seen the possibilities.

So I think the purpose and usefulness of the templates will stand if it is easy to use and if it is easy to choose a certain template for a certain project.

I have been reading your explanations about the templates on the forum in advance, but may be you could add some explanatory text that's shown on the screen or separately in a .txt or .doc file for each template, because it is not handy to switch from the page of the forum to the PTE-program and reverse.

You have already 3 different template projects included, so give a tittle to each template project, example suggestion:

FilmStrip 001 - Fading A to B

FilmStrip 002 - Turning landscape to portrait

FilmStrip 003 - .....

with some hints and/or tips and explain shortly what the purpose is of the template project.

Just tried to help for what it is worth, but this about my feelings of using your excellent work and ideas. I have seen and tried your other projects that you have posted here as well and learned a lot of it. Thank's again.

Cor

Drury,

I added my own pictures then changed there names to the slide names TheDom used (ie. "REPLACE PIC01_Landscape.jpg"). You will have to change the original names of TheDom's images to save them in the same folder.

Also, I see two landscape images (yellow "PIC 01" and aqua PIC 02") from TheDom. The portrait is the blue "PIC 02".

However, I just noticed TheDom's posting (on page 2 of this thread) of his method of changing photos and it is even easier. So either way works.

Bubba

Hi Cor,

Thank you very much for your excellent suggestions.

The problem is that I'm not so confortable writing in english and I would need help to write an explanatory text and to find short titles. Anybody ? :unsure:

I still don't know if I will release the templates as individual files or to put all the templates I will make in the future in the same file...

What do you think ? :huh:

thedome,

Maybe it can't be done but this is what I'd like to see:

-viewing someone's slideshow then if I like the show's transitions, special effects, etc., be able to simply switch out the photos and music to fit my taste. In other words, I can see what the slideshow looks like and don't need written explanations.

Short demos are nice and can be reused in my own projects but being able to simply re-use a full slideshow with my own photos would be ideal for me. The only text that would probably help would be things such as how many photos are needed and any special needs for photos such as a specific size.

Again, thank you for your help. I'm willing to assist if needed.

Bubba