WnSoft Forums

Video in P2E

JEB

Folks,

I am sure the answer to my first question is no - but I need to be certain.

Can you include video images within PTE shows?

My second question is. Can you confirm whether PSG can incorporate video? I'm told it can.

My reason for asking is that I am heavily involved in producing a show with members of my camera club on the subject of our local river. We are using a general river shot as the background for our opening and closing titles. It has been suggested by a member that perhaps as an alternative to the still shot we could use a similar video shot showing the rippling water, together with the associated audio. Personally I’m not in favour of the idea as we have set out to produce a show using our still images. My feeling is that using a moving sequence particularly at the beginning would create the wrong initial impression, but I need to know the answer. By the way there is no way that we would use PSG but I need to know the answer to that as well.

I understand that an avi or a MP2 file could be made available.

I think what we may do is strip out the audio from the video and use that as part of our soundtrack with the titles.

I would appreciate your comments.

Regards

John

My second question is. Can you confirm whether PSG can incorporate video? I'm told it can.

John,

I can't speak for PSG, but no, you can't include a video within PTE (unless, of course, you convert both to video format and play from the pc or DVD player.)

One compromise might be to use PTE v.5, and do a slow pan of the river to represent motion.

Folks,

As Al replied, no - at least not directly but P2E can run external programs such as a video then return to the normal slideshow so there are work-arounds. Whether P2E 5 will run video is yet to be determined.

Yes, both ProShow Gold and ProShow Producer can drop in and seamlessly incorporate video clips with a slideshow.

My reason for asking is that I am heavily involved in producing a show with members of my camera club on the subject of our local river. We are using a general river shot as the background for our opening and closing titles. It has been suggested by a member that perhaps as an alternative to the still shot we could use a similar video shot showing the rippling water, together with the associated audio. Personally I’m not in favour of the idea as we have set out to produce a show using our still images. My feeling is that using a moving sequence particularly at the beginning would create the wrong initial impression, but I need to know the answer. By the way there is no way that we would use PSG but I need to know the answer to that as well.

I understand that an avi or a MP2 file could be made available.

Yes, PicturesToExe produces an AVI file and PicturesToExe Deluxe will produce an MPG II also as well as burn a DVD.

I think what we may do is strip out the audio from the video and use that as part of our soundtrack with the titles.

I would appreciate your comments.

Regards

You "could" consider using a program such as Reflect to generate a water reflection ripple effect such as i used in the first slide in my demo - See link to my sample below:

http://www.lin-evans.net/p2e/rmnpreflect.zip

Best regards,

Lin

John

You can easily integrate video in a PTE 4.48 slideshow using granot's utilities :

- ShowVideoPTE

- HideShowTaskBar (not mandatory, but if you don't want to see the taskbar when the video plays, you need this tool).

You can find those utilities here : http://www.thailandphotoalbum.com

You will be able to do it too in PTE v5.00 as soon as the "run external application" is re-integrated.

I think it should be avalaible in next beta (not for sure though).

For PSG (I guess it's Proshow Gold), yes you can do it.

Hi john, The answer is NO to video, it strictly a image program . But P2E can show a sequence of images at 25FPS to give the same effect as video. I often use P2E v4.48 to make fullscreen (1024x768 pixels) timelapse sequences, it has no problems firing the images out at this speed and it looks like video.

Just set the display time to 40ms (i.e 25FPS) and set the transition to 0 and No effect QUICK.

You can highlight a set of frames at the start of your show so they play at this speed.

my example...

Timelapse canal boat.

And..

The P2E version uses 1024x768 at 25FPS.

Andy