WnSoft Forums

Converting of old objects v4.48 to new v5.00 format

Igor

When you will open old project created in old v4.48 in new v5.00, PicturesToExe will automatically convert all objects to the new format.

There is a major question for this.

Earlier as you know object were not scalable and their positions depended on screen resolution.

How you want PicturesToExe to convert these old objects:

1) Convert size of old objects to relative sizes (in percents). Now these converted objects will look equally at any screen resolution. They will be scaled proportionally. (For converting I'll use 1024x768 virtual screen size. In other words, converted objects in v5.00 will look as they displayed in v4.48's slide show at 1024x768 screen resolution).

2) Leave them as is. PicturesToExe will set flag "Original size" for these objects. However later you can adjust these objects to percents in "Objects and animation" window. But it's a hard work. Personally I don't like this variant.

It better to make this convertation in auto mode to don't bother user with a questions.

What is your opinion about this?

1) Convert size of old objects to relative sizes (in percents).

I like this option best Igor.

Thank You for all your hard work :)

Best wishes to you and the team,

Maureen

1) Convert size of old objects to relative sizes (in percents) is OK by me. Thanks.

Ron [uK]

1) Convert size of old objects to relative sizes (in percents). Now these converted objects will look equally at any screen resolution. They will be scaled proportionally. (For converting I'll use 1024x768 virtual screen size. In other words, converted objects in v5.00 will look as they displayed in v4.48's slide show at 1024x768 screen resolution).

What is your opinion about this?

I think this would be best. It seems the most "natural" and good to be automatic.

Igor,

I vote for #1 also. 1024x768 should be good for the maximum number of instances. However, the objects can always be re-sized and re-positioned by the user if this is not the case.

What about "windowed mode" - will objects still retain their relative sizes and positions for all screen resolutions in this mode?

Most of my 4.48 slideshows use objects (some have more than 100 objects in a slide), and I prefer that during the translation they become in original mode, I am afraid that if they are put in other mode I don't find the result.

It will be enought easy after, if we want to have the new version in fit to slide to put a file of 1024 x 2 pixels for instance with fit to slide mode and cut all the objects in original mode and paste them as child of the file 1024 x 2.

May be you could put a transparent rectangle of 1024 x 768 in fit to slide mode in each slide and put all the objects from 4.48 as children of this rectangle in original mode, so we have just to change the rectangle mode if we want to stay in original mode.

Will it be possible to choice beetween original mode and fit to screen mode for customize logo than I often used instead of the background (it was possible to have it in the middle for all screen definitions, not the background).

Will it be possible in the V5 to have the Customize logo to have it when making a vidéo or an AVI.

Option 1 sounds like the most logical and therefore the best approach.

Thank you for asking the question, rather than assuming what we want, and thank you and the team for your continued hard work on making PTE even better.