WnSoft Forums

Frame animation

thedom

Other templates ?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want me to release other templates ?

• Yes please !
    • Nice, but I'm not sure to use them.
    • Keep your time, it's useless
    • What's a template ?

Hi Dom,

I watched your demo.

The frame that you used is pretty basic, can it be changed?

Also I was not keen on the 'concave' effect, I think it would be nicer with a straight forward landscape (straight edges) frame.

It can be used to good effect in a PTE slide show but will not work very well for a 'wide screen' DVD unles you can change the screen ratio and use images of 1025x576 pixels.

Ron

Ron,

The templates I release should only be considered as a start.

They can of course be used as they are but you can use them or modify them as you want.

However, I made a second version of this template with a "straight" frame and included it in the archive (v1.1). :)

The archive includes now two templates :

1 - TheDom-FrameAnimationConcave-TPL.pte

2 - TheDom-FrameAnimationStraight-TPL.pte

Also included in the zip, a frame and a shadow for portrait pictures.

If you have pictures is this format, just replace the frame and the shadow images with "WhiteFrame-Classical-Portrait.png" and "Shadow-Classical-Portrait.png" (in Objects and Animation window, in the properties tab).

It can be used to good effect in a PTE slide show but will not work very well for a 'wide screen' DVD unles you can change the screen ratio and use images of 1025x576 pixels.

Please have a look at the new version of the demo, I changed the aspect ratio (in PTE: Project options > "Screen" tab > "16:9 DVD") and it "works".

Of course, you can use 16:9 pictures as well but yo don't have to.

Thank you for your feedback.

Guest Techman1

Dominque,

I like this template very much. I like the effect of moving the frame from the right and then the left side of the screen. Like you indicated, your templates are a great start or for many they can be used as a finished product. You have done a very good job of naming each piece within the template, so replacing a frame (for instance) with your own style and color is very easy. I for one really appreciate all that you do here. Many times, its just another's ideas to get you started on your own creations. By creating templates of your work, you are helping others even further.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Fred

p.s. - Thanks for the new template with the 16:9 DVD screen. I was planning on doing this for an upcoming project where I was wanting to use something like this. Again, much appreciated! :D

Another great one Dom, I don't know where you find the time - LOL.

Best regards,

Lin

Here is a new animation with frames.

It's quite simple but it can be nice to include it as a part of a slideshow.

Hope you like it. :)

Demo :

TheDom-FrameAnimationDemo-Small.jpg

icon_pa_download.gif

Template :

TheDom-FrameAnimationTPL-Small.jpg

icon_pa_download.gif

Hi Dom

A really nice effect, I like the fact that you can load either portrait or landscape photographs. Like Ron I think that I prefer the straight border to the concave, but thanks for allowing us to use either. Also much appreciate the option to use 16x9 wide screen display. But the effect I like most of all is that the subject is reflected in the background. How do you do that? Another success for TheDom, just keep them coming.

PS You have asked us to vote, asking if we would like to continue to release templates, a most certain 'YES', you are the reason I am using PTE instead of PSP.

Hell Dom,

Thankyou for updating your template to take account of my suggestions. The new template is now excellent and very usable (especially when a new frame is added)

I am a keen fan of your templates and urge people to download and use them. If you need any help in understanding them, please refer to the tutorial on my website.

Great work work Dom! thankyou and keep them coming.

Ron

Dom,

I have now made a slide show with the new version of this template (straight frame) and it works fine. However I do notice that that there is quite a lot of 'shimmer' when the frames are zooming in - is this normal or is it just my computer set-up?

Anyone else having this problem?

Ron

Hi Dom/Ron

I have also used the new straight temple and it works fine, I am not getting any 'shimmer' when zooming in. However, one minor concern is that at the point of the transition both image are shown, which I find is a little off putting. Not sure how this can be changed!

Ron, Mike,

Thank you very much for those very nice comments.

I do notice that that there is quite a lot of 'shimmer' when the frames are zooming in - is this normal or is it just my computer set-up?

Ron, what size of images did you use ? It might be because your pictures are in too high definition.

I recommend 1024 x 768.

one minor concern is that at the point of the transition both image are shown, which I find is a little off putting. Not sure how this can be changed!

Mike, I'm not sure to understand what you mean, not because of you but because of my bad english. :rolleyes:

Do you mean that you would like the previous picture to be almost out of the screen when the next one appears ?

If so, in the O/A window, for each slide, select the "PTE Frame" object, click on the last keypoint on the right (7500 ms) and instead of 80/-80 for x pan, set it to 200/-200.

Hope it helps. :)

But the effect I like most of all is that the subject is reflected in the background. How do you do that?

Actually, it's really very simple.

I put the image in the background (= at the bottom of the objects list), set it to "cover slide" mode, and set its opacity to about 45%.

What I like the most is to use this effect combined with a gradient filling for the background.

It's really very nice with a B/W picture and a sepia to light grey gradient filling.

QUOTE(Ronniebootwest @ Mar 26 2007, 10:56 AM) *

I do notice that that there is quite a lot of 'shimmer' when the frames are zooming in - is this normal or is it just my computer set-up?

Ron, what size of images did you use ? It might be because your pictures are in too high definition.

I recommend 1024 x 768.

Dom, I find your template very good and very useable. Thank you.

The template has inspired me to use it for a current project. Here are a couple of observations.

In my presentation, the only "shimmer" I see is along the inner edge of the upper white frame. It is not very noticeable until the viewer notices and then "focuses" on it. I don't know if a typical invited recipient of the show would even notice. I mention here that the "shimmer" does NOT occur on the other three sides of the frame. I have tried using 1024x768 and also 800x600 files with no difference as best I can see. I wonder if Igor or another PTE Forum member may be able to explain and possibly solve this slight distraction?

I like this template effect for my immediate presentation. I think perhaps your effect (template) is best used where I simply want a pleasant presentation of photos. I think this effect would be less useful for telling a specific "story" or specific "message." I wonder if other users have thoughts on this?

Thank you for the template! It is wonderful.

I created an album with a few of my images and I am blown away. Like Ron and Lumen, I noticed the "shimmering" of the borders, but only for portrait frames. I tried it on one monitor and notice shimmering of only the top portrait white border. But on another monitor, both the top and the bottom inner and outer borders shimmers quite a bit. My system runs on a dual monitor configuration with a dedicated video card for two monitors (RADEON X300 128MB video), the first monitor is the Dell UltraSharp 20" Widescreen and the second is a regular 19" Dell UltraSharp as well. System is a Pentium IV 3GHz with 1GB memory. I'm going to upload the sample video to my work place and tried the monitor there to see if I see any shimmering.

Warmest regards,

-Ben

Ron, Mike,

Thank you very much for those very nice comments.

I recommend 1024 x 768.

Mike, I'm not sure to understand what you mean, not because of you but because of my bad english. :rolleyes:

Do you mean that you would like the previous picture to be almost out of the screen when the next one appears ?

If so, in the O/A window, for each slide, select the "PTE Frame" object, click on the last keypoint on the right (7500 ms) and instead of 80/-80 for x pan, set it to 200/-200.

Hope it helps. :)

Dom

It is not your bad English, it is my poor explanation. Having looked at the O/A, the transition starts at the 2nd keypoint and ends at the 3rd keypoint, which means that the next image is fully in view and the first image is also still in view. The changes you suggest have helped but now the speed of movement off the screen is a little quick. I assume what I need to do is change the timings of the keypoints, giving more time between the 2nd and 3rd keypoints? What I think I would like to see is the first image leaving the screen before the transition to the next image.

All in all I think that it is a great effect, thanks again for your help, keep the templates coming.

Guest Techman1

Mike,

As you've discovered, that's the beauty of this in that you can customize these to your own preferences. I copied just the first two slides (the one which rotates left and the next which rotates to the right). Then I customized those two only with the changes I wanted. Then you can copy those two multiple times for how many images you want to show. You then go to the picture selection area (O&A, under Properties) and change the image on the background & the actual slide image (required for each slide). This is just a summarized explanation and not a step-by-step, but it sounds like you are getting in there and making changes and experimenting.

If you plan on doing a lot with this, then I would recommend building your own template as Dominque has done and use common naming conventions (like his, PIC01, PIC02, etc.). It's great there is so much sharing of ideas and work that goes on here!

Take care all,

Fred

Fred

I do agree, this is a great forum. I also contribute to the ProShow Enthusiasts Forum, that is also very good. Just shows that people generally want to help each other. Talking about helping others, thanks for the tip about using the first two slides, making changes and than repeating them throughout the show. What a neat idea, thanks.

Guest Techman1

Mike,

Glad to help! TheDOM's templates are great and very helpful. He has put a lot of work into them and they are great by themselves or excellent as a starting point for your own creative projects. I hope he continues to produce them!

Take care,

Fred