WnSoft Forums

Problems with Upgrade Key

mhwarner

I expected I would receive a free upgrade key for my contributions on the beta test, but I guess that was not to be. So I went ahead and paid for an upgrade from the link available when I clicked on the DVD button (a small price, really, for the wonderful new functionality). I received both a confirmation email of the order and a follow-up containing the supposedly attached file with a new key.

There was no attachment, but there was some registry information at the bottom of the email message. I looked at my old pte.key file and the supposedly new information appears to be virtually identical. But in any case I created a new pte.key file in my version 5 directory and pasted in the text from the bottom of the email starting with "REGEDIT4" and the registration key information "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER" ... etc.

I reopened Beta 10, clicked on the "DVD" button, then clicked on "Load a Key", clicked on the new pte.key file and received an "Invalid or Damaged Key" error dialog. The DVD burning still works, of course, but is ruined by the "This DVD is created with a trial version of blah blah" message scrolling across the screen.

Have others paid for and successfully received updated keys? I guess now I have to wait for 3 days until Igor's holiday is over or give up and go back to Beta 9.

Major bummer!!

Nevermind! My fingers were apparently quicker than my eye (and apparently my brain). I assumed that the link from within the Video Builder was exclusively to purchase the upgrade. When I got to the order page, I neglected to cycle through the available options and what I apparently ordered was another copy of the standard version of the product. Tom's posting of the sequence got me to thinking, because the language in my original email referenced a different key in the registry. No wonder the actual key I received was a duplicate of the one I had already purchased many years ago. Duh!

I called DigitalRiver and they agreed to send WnSoft a request to cancel the first order and send me a refund. In the meantime, I re-ordered, selecting "Upgrade to Deluxe" this time. The new key information came through (though it was not an attachment and I had to cut and paste the relevant portion from the email into a reg.txt file). P2E Video Builder recognized it properly and will now create videos without the unregistered copy scrolling text.

It might be nice -- AFTER v. 5 is rolled out finally (not now to take away precious time needed for completion) if the link in the dialog received when clicking the "DVD" button on a registered standard version would lead to an order window where the upgrade to deluxe was the default selection. Minor, but I bet it would save Igor and company some time in dealing with idiots like me who don't always read things closely enough.

I have also purchased the upgrade for video builder, and received a corrupted file. It woulf not download, so I tried saving the file and then loading it. I have tried the "fixes" mentioned in this thread, but not successful.

Howard

I have also purchased the upgrade for video builder, and received a corrupted file. It woulf not download, so I tried saving the file and then loading it. I have tried the "fixes" mentioned in this thread, but not successful.

Howard

Howard,

Can you open the file with a text editor like Notepad? (Right click on the file in Windows Explorer and select "Open With" then pick Notepad.) If so, you could create a new text file and copy and paste the information from the old file into it. It appears that the new text file should be named reg.txt or pte.key (I think either one will work). As mentioned above, the format of the text file is (where the string of dots is replaced by a very long string of letters and numbers):

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WnSoft\VideoBuilder]

"Key"=".........."

I expected I would receive a free upgrade key for my contributions on the beta test, but I guess that was not to be. So I went ahead and paid for an upgrade from the link available when I clicked on the DVD button (a small price, really, for the wonderful new functionality). I received both a confirmation email of the order and a follow-up containing the supposedly attached file with a new key.

There was no attachment, but there was some registry information at the bottom of the email message. I looked at my old pte.key file and the supposedly new information appears to be virtually identical. But in any case I created a new pte.key file in my version 5 directory and pasted in the text from the bottom of the email starting with "REGEDIT4" and the registration key information "[HKEY_CURRENT_USER" ... etc.

I reopened Beta 10, clicked on the "DVD" button, then clicked on "Load a Key", clicked on the new pte.key file and received an "Invalid or Damaged Key" error dialog. The DVD burning still works, of course, but is ruined by the "This DVD is created with a trial version of blah blah" message scrolling across the screen.

Have others paid for and successfully received updated keys? I guess now I have to wait for 3 days until Igor's holiday is over or give up and go back to Beta 9.

Major bummer!!

Mine came as an email attachment, Saved the attachment into Beta 10 folder and everything is working Fine. Ray

Hi Guys,

I had a similar problem but it turned out to be MY MISTAKE!!

When I clicked on the link to connect to the site which handles the payments I did not realise that it is the same site for payments for PTE etc as well as VideoBuilder and a choice has to be made – what to pay for.

Igor says: “Probably it is our mistake also. We'll improve this moment - and will set Upgrade to Deluxe by default when you click on this URL”.

Hence, I mistakenly paid for and received the key for PTE. Igor promptly corrected my mistake and sent the correct key “VideoBuilder_regkey” which when opened in notepad reads:

[HKEY_current……./VideoBuilder]

(Open notepad etc first – double clicking on the file won’t do it).

Hope that this helps – the documentation received with the key advises you to contact support@wnsoft but Igor is now away until Wednesday.

DaveG

Mary,

Excuse me, I forgot to send a free key to you. I already sent 26 keys to beta-testers.

I just refunded your order. And sent free reg. key for VideoBuilder. Thank you.

Howard,

I just sent again your registration key for VideoBuilder.

Raymond,

I just refunded your mistaken order for PicturesToExe. Please order again "Upgrade to Deluxe". I already sent you reg. key for VideoBuilder.

p.s. the problem with loading of reg. key happens because some antiviruses embed reg.txt file of a key to body of letter and mistakenly remove last symbol of a key (double quote).

I promiss that we will solve this problem and will make registration process more simple and without troubles.

Mary,

Excuse me, I forgot to send a free key to you. I already sent 26 keys to beta-testers.

I just refunded your order. And sent free reg. key for VideoBuilder. Thank you.

Thank you, Igor, for taking the time out of your holiday to do this. I really appreciate it! Enjoy the rest of your time off.

Mary

Igor,

Thanks for resending the key for video builder. It worked this time, and I have tried the DVD burning. Works Great!! Thanks for all your work and fast responses.

Howard

On April 27th last I followed a link from PicturesToExe to 'upgrade the PicturesToExe deluxe version'. I assumed that this was upgrade only (as did others here). I now realise I should selected the dropdown as I ended up purchacing what I already had. The key I received is an exact duplicate of my old reg.txt

I have contacted RegNow (DigitalRiver) and emailed support@wnsoft.com direct.

Digital river have cc'ed me a email they sent to wnsoft requesting a refund of my order so I get order the upgrade properly, however, I have not recieved any reply from wnsoft.

I know they are busy but I would have thought they could, at least, have the courtesy of a reply.

PicturesToExe is a great product but the support is crap (at least it is for me)

On April 27th last I followed a link from PicturesToExe to 'upgrade the PicturesToExe deluxe version'. I assumed that this was upgrade only (as did others here). I now realise I should selected the dropdown as I ended up purchacing what I already had. The key I received is an exact duplicate of my old reg.txt

I have contacted RegNow (DigitalRiver) and emailed support@wnsoft.com direct.

Digital river have cc'ed me a email they sent to wnsoft requesting a refund of my order so I get order the upgrade properly, however, I have not recieved any reply from wnsoft.

I know they are busy but I would have thought they could, at least, have the courtesy of a reply.

PicturesToExe is a great product but the support is crap (at least it is for me)

Hi Welcome,

Believe me the Support is not crap in fact it is the best, The only problem is that for the last few days it as been Holiday time in Russia but Igor will be back today and I am sure he will be in touch with you.

All The Best Ray

Sean,

We've refunded your mistaken order.

I just sent you VideoBuilder registration key

Please place your order for "Upgrade to Deluxe".

p.s. we correct registration URL in next beta 11 to fix such problem in future.

Sean,

We've refunded your mistaken order.

I just sent you VideoBuilder registration key

Please place your order for "Upgrade to Deluxe".

p.s. we correct registration URL in next beta 11 to fix such problem in future.

Placed an order for "Upgrade to Deluxe" this time. Unfortunately the reg.key I received doesn't work.

This is what was in the reg.txt

<html><head><title>Server Application Error</title></head>

<body><h1>Server Application Error</h1>The server has encountered an error while loading an application during the processing of your request. Please refer to the event log for more detail information. Please contact the server administrator for assistance.</body></html>

I've sent a email to support@wnsoft.com and would rather this was sorted out via email than a public forum.

I have NOT received a VideoBuilder sent by you as described above.