WnSoft Forums

Documentation for PTE 5.0

Lin Evans

MAJOR UPDATE 7/29/07 - Jeff noticed that I had forgotten to discuss the Animations tab - big DUHH for me! I have completed it and it contains lots of important information - about eight additional pages covering linear/non-linear and other important features. Link has been updated....

Lin

As many of you probably already know, Jeff Evans and I are cooperating in producing a comprehensive PTE documentation. Jeff is doing the Main section and I'm doing the Objects and Animations section. When we are both finished, we will combine and index the two documents and add a glossary of terms. But right now, we are still a few days from having it completed.

One of our French speaking members, Cèlou, has completed a very nice executable document in French which is now available on the Tutorials forum.

Since there are so many new users, rather than wait until we have the documentation combined, I believe it may be useful for many to be able to access what I have completed as a PDF document. Jeff may want to do the same with his portion when it's ready. We "will" combine the two into a comprehensive and integrated document when we are both finished, but until we do this my portion which is Objects and Animations is available here:

http://www.lin-evans.net/tutorial/ObjectsAnimation.pdf

At the end of the O&A portion is a complete keyboard shortcut list followed by the first of a number of planned addenda (Understanding and Using Keypoints). Eventually, I hope to combine the main document with a complete series of these "How-To" addenda which get into the nuts and bolts of PTE. Also I plan to organize into a "library" the various AVI tutorials I have created to augument the documentation and addenda.

The eight page Understanding and Using Keypoints is also available in the tutorials forum as an independent document.

Lin

Lin,

This is a very impressive document and is expertly written.

I know only to well just how much time you have spent on this. All members of this forum owe you a great big vote of thanks for the work you have done.

Many, many thanks for your hard work.

Ron West

Lin

I have downloaded your documentation on O&A. It is fun and challenging finding your way around PTE V5.0 but your documentation will help make it much quicker to achieve things.

Thanks a lot.

gogs

Hi Lin,

Many thanks for this most useful document. Your comment about new users is spot on and publicity for PTE seems to be growing well. I wonder if it would be possible and worthwhile to have a "sub thread" under tutorials specifically containing basic information for new users? It would of course be very useful also to those of us who suffer from frequent memory lapses and find we can't remember even the simplest things from time to time!

Kind Regards

Peter

Hola. Muy interesante este tutorial.

Creo que somos muchos los usuarios de PTE de habla hispana, y agradeceriamos si fueran tan amables de traducirlo al español, para poder entenderlo mejor.

Igualmente la mayoria de los tutoriales que se publican hasta la fecha son en ingles o frances.

Agradezco su atencion.

Silvia

Hola Silvia,

Gracias! Quizás cuando los documentos de Jeff y del mí se combinan y se ponen en un índice, podemos encontrar a alguien para traducir al español

Lin

Hola. Muy interesante este tutorial.

Creo que somos muchos los usuarios de PTE de habla hispana, y agradeceriamos si fueran tan amables de traducirlo al español, para poder entenderlo mejor.

Igualmente la mayoria de los tutoriales que se publican hasta la fecha son en ingles o frances.

Agradezco su atencion.

Silvia

Thank you Lin for all the hard work you have put into devising this new document. I do feel seeing as the program is becoming so much more sofisticated that some form of documentation is now required especially for new users.

I didnt realise there were so many keyboard shortcuts that could be used... :unsure:

Thanks again,

Glenys

Hi Ted,

I'm glad it's been helpful. You may want to download it once again since I have made a couple additions and clarifications. Specifically, I've clarified and elaborated a bit on the differences between "Transparent To Selection" (in the Common tab) and "Ignore Objects Not Selected" (under the "Tools" button). I've also explained the meaning of "Hide selection on Pan/Zoom/Rotate". You can see a separate posting in the Tutorials section on the first issue.

The problem with posting a work in process is that additions and corrections are not necessarily completed, but I do believe it's essentially finished now. Of course the merging, indexing, etc., when Jeff finishes will make the whole much more useful than my present posting.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin

Many thanks for an excellent guide - It's been bedtime reading for the past few nights and I'm now enjoying getting to grips with the real thing.

Ted

Hi Igor,

Thank YOU for such a fantastic program! We are glad to help others learn to use this incredible tool. In a couple weeks or so it should be finished and then perhaps we can find some volunteers to translate.

Best regards,

Lin

Thank you Lin and Jeff!

I very appreciate your help for PicturesToExe.

A BIG thank-you to you both Lin and Jeff for this VERY helpful document. :)