WnSoft Forums

Objects and Animations

As many may know, Jeff Evans and I are cooperating in producing an English version of complete documentation for PicturesToExe. Cèlou has completed a French version available in executable format on this forum.

Jeff is handling the Main screen portion and I'm handling the Objects and Animations portion. We will combine these into an integrated document complete with index, glossary and so on as soon as we both are finished. My part is nearly finished awaiting only a couple brief answers from Igor and since there are so many new users asking for documentation, I have decided to post what I have. Perhaps Jeff will do the same once his part is ready and before we combine them into an integrated whole. It would be nice to wait until we have it completed, but what we have now is surely useful for those anxious to get started.

I'm planning a series of "How-To" addenda to the main documentation. The first of these has already been made available (Understanding and Using Keypoints) as a separate PDF document, but is attached at the end of the Objects and Animations plus Keyboard Shortcuts portion as well. Eventually I will publish an number of these dealing with different aspects of PTE but the "heart" of the visual part is the keypoints and the first of these is finished. Anyway, the PDF document is not yet indexed or page numbered but here's what I have:

MAJOR UPDATE 7/29/07 - another eight pages or so on the Animation tab - Link Updated...

http://www.lin-evans.net/tutorial/ObjectsAnimation.pdf

For those not familiar with PDF documents, you can easily make a copy to print via the menu.

Lin

Lin,

What more can I say other than a BIG BIG THANK YOU

I’ve not yet read it through in detail but if it is anything like your previous “instructions” and I’m certain that it will be, it will be explicit, accurate and easy to follow.

I look forward seeing Jeff’s contribution either in a similar draft form or, if he is going to make us wait, as part of your completed joint document.

Thank you both for all your work on our behalf.

Regards

John

Lin

I would like to add my thanks to you for producing such a detailed tutorial of O&A. It is a key area in maximising the functions of PTE, I have struggled with getting to grips with the subject, the tutorial is very helpful. One very small comment is that it would help if the document pages were numbered.

Thanks Mike,

The reason there are no page numbers is because it's only a part of what will become an integrated document completed with index, glossary, etc. The entire document will have perhaps twice the number of pages along with figure numbers for reference, etc., so as an in-process product it's only a "beta". I have temporarily page numbered it and reposted but remember the page numbers will not be accurate as references because this will be at the end rather than the beginning of the finished document.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin

I would like to add my thanks to you for producing such a detailed tutorial of O&A. It is a key area in maximising the functions of PTE, I have struggled with getting to grips with the subject, the tutorial is very helpful. One very small comment is that it would help if the document pages were numbered.

Lin,

Thank you, not just for the comments and replies that you post regarding various queries, but also for producing what looks like becoming a very useful document especially once it is combined with the sections Jeff is compiling (so advance thanks to Jeff as well).

Further to Mike's comments, I have to say that I would prefer to see some form of section/paragraph/illustration numbering system applied throughout the document instead of page numbers. This will still allow for referencing via an Index but also has the benefit that additional sections can be added at later dates without impacting on the page numbers - new sections can simply be slotted in to the master document as they are issued.

As I, and I suspect many others, will also be printing the finished document (I find it much easier to read a manual on paper - plus you can scribble your own notes on it) then it would be helpful if you could increase the left margin to leave room to punch holes for filing in a ring-binder.

Other than these minor quibbles it is a comprehensive piece of work, thanks once again.

This Tutorial is excellent and very much appreciated. Thank you for all the time and work you have put in in producing this. I am sure that it will be most useful to many people who you may not hear from.

John

Thans John and all,

Hopefully we will have it finished soon and it more usable format. Best guess a couple weeks if things go well, sooner if we're lucky.

Best regards,

Lin

This Tutorial is excellent and very much appreciated. Thank you for all the time and work you have put in in producing this. I am sure that it will be most useful to many people who you may not hear from.

John