WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe Deluxe 5.1 RC8

Igor

Dominique,

Thank you!

There are two moments with this problem.

1) You used two text objects with same visual size at the moment between two slides. But because first text object larger (than second text object) at the beginning of a first slide, PicturesToExe renders this text object with higher quality. Earlier when you adjusted visual size of a text objects, you may notice that proportions of a text a little varies after adjusting . Windows slightly changes proportions of a text at different values of a font size.

- Temporal solution: please uncheck "Auto Quality" parameters for both text objects and set say value of Quality = 100. I just check it up in version 5.0 and it worked fine in your slideshow.

- In the next versions, we hope in v5.3, we'll use own vector rendering of text and this problem will not occur again. Additionally it will solve problem with unique fonts and no need to use PNG for the text.

2) But there is a problem No. 2. In version 5.1 Beta there is a bug with Text objects which don't use "Auto quality" option. Thank you that you help me find this bug. Please wait until we won't fix this bug in Beta 8 (maybe already today) and then disable "Auto quality" parameter as I described above and it will work in Beta 8.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just uploaded Beta 8.

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (4 MB)

* Fixed bug of Beta 4-7 in Objects and animation editor with text objects with unchecked "Auto font quality" parameter.

* Fixed bug with adding some AVI files to VideoBuilder.

Dominique,

Please try my suggestion with Beta 8.

(Uncheck "Auto Quality" parameters for both text objects and set say value of Quality = 100.)

Possible bug with VideoBuilder menu customizing.

When modifying previously customized menu, (changing menu item properties etc), each action produces an error message.

"Access Violation at address 004E3F57 in module "VideoBuilder.exe". Write of Address 00000004."

When moving a menu item frame, dragging with mouse, the same message appears but cannot be reset.

Using beta 7.

post-139-1195656158_thumb.jpg

Silvia,

There were no changes in slideshow's engine since Beta 4 and it's almost 5.0's engine, all major improvements are in main code of PicturesToExe and VideoBuilder.

Please try with version 5.0 on same slideshow and let me know about result.

I think the problem in too short time intervals between slides or/and large images.

Tom,

7000 kbit is a optimal bitrate which used in many other DVD authoring programs. Peak bitrate periodically reaches 9000 kbit even when you set 7000 kbit by default.

Silvia,

There were no changes in slideshow's engine since Beta 4 and it's almost 5.0's engine, all major improvements are in main code of PicturesToExe and VideoBuilder.

Please try with version 5.0 on same slideshow and let me know about result.

I think the problem in too short time intervals between slides or/and large images.

Tom,

7000 kbit is a optimal bitrate which used in many other DVD authoring programs. Peak bitrate periodically reaches 9000 kbit even when you set 7000 kbit by default.

Thanks

Have reason, I am using a "mask" with great resolution, lower in photoshop and now this perfect.

Suggests As is the maximum resolution that we use in photos or masks but without losing quality of the picture.?

Complete Requirements

The requirements listed in the FAQ don't agree with my findings. Mainly, that either type of slide show requires a recent version of DirectX and the VideoRAM requirements are much lower. I'm not sure what version of DirectX is required. I thought from previous messages it was 9.0c

I tried playing a 14MB slideshow with 1024x768 images on the following computer

Win98 (4.10, Build 1998)

DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Matrox Marvel G200 AGP 8MB

Video Driver 6.28.017

Pentium III @ 600Mhz 256MB

and all I got was a non-responding instance which I killed with a ctrl-alt-del sequence. I tried with the Hardware acceleration (D3D) option checked and unchecked. It is an older computer but does all it's needed to do. So I reinstalled the video drivers and noticed it either didn't have DirectX installed or it was a very old version. So I reinstalled DirectX 9.0c (it had been installed on this machine before, not sure what happened to it) and both versions (accelerated and unaccelerated) ran. You could see a difference, with the unaccelerated version being more choppy and fewer FPS. But both ran.

So the question is, the unaccelerated version should have run (albeit slowly) on this computer before the DirectX upgrade because DirectX isn't a requirement for unaccelerated shows, right?

A second question is I thought the program was suppose to seemlessly switch between the advanced engine and older graphics engine when the computer didn't support the advanced engine. Instead, what I saw was a frozen app instance with no indication of what was going on (no error messages) before the DirectX 9.0c upgrade, and running both accelerated and unaccelerated versions with the upgrade. It appears a video card with as little as 8MB Video RAM will run PZR slideshows as long as DirectX 9.0c (maybe other versions?) is installed. What is the purpose of the Hardware acceleration (D3D) option checkbox if the program is suppose to pick the best graphics engine for the hardware present?

Steve Newcomb

Tucson, AZ USA

FROM THE P2E FAQ:

Question:

What are the system requirements for slide shows?

Answer:

For slide shows with Pan/Zoom effects:

PC with 1.4 GHz CPU, 256 MB of system memory, video card with 128 MB of video memory.

Windows XP, Vista, 2000, 2003, Me, 98 or 95.

DirectX 8.1 or later.

For slide shows created with simple effects:

PC with 500 Mhz CPU, 64 Mb of system memory, any video card.

Any version of Windows.

So the question is, the unaccelerated version should have run (albeit slowly) on this computer before the DirectX upgrade because DirectX isn't a requirement for unaccelerated shows, right?

Yes, unaccelerated slideshow doesn't require DirectX for graphics, but we use DirectX for sound output even if you didn't add music (internal sound based timer). For sound we need DirectX 6.1 or later. Version 6.1 included to Windows 98SE, Me.

What is the purpose of the Hardware acceleration (D3D) option checkbox if the program is suppose to pick the best graphics engine for the hardware present?

If you set "Use hardware acceleration (D3D)" option, slideshow will try to use DirectX for graphics and if video card has 16 MB or lesser video memory, slideshow will not use DirectX for graphics. If you uncheck "Use hardware acceleration" slideshow never use DirectX for graphics.

DirectX 8.1 is a minimal requirement for hardware acceleration of graphics in slideshow.

It seems to be a bug on Windows 95/98 with very old version of DirectX (6.0 or earlier). We'll try to solve this problem, and slideshow will play, but without sound and it will show warning message "Please install latest version of DirectX".

If you set "Use hardware acceleration (D3D)" option, slideshow will try to use DirectX for graphics and if video card has 16 MB or lesser video memory, slideshow will not use DirectX for graphics. If you uncheck "Use hardware acceleration" slideshow never use DirectX for graphics.

The machine below with 8MB video memory will play accelerated PZR slideshows and can actually do a good job if the screen size is kept small enough. I created a 640x480 windowed version of the slideshow mentioned in previous post and it played smoothly throughout (pretty jerky at 1024x768 full screen). Also, it pays to rescale the images outside of P2E. The 640x480 show looked much better when each image was rescaled to 640x480 using Irfanview.

So it seems the limitation is more a factor of slideshow screen size than video memory, which is a big improvement over seeing nothing happen after clicking on a slideshow file.

Steve Newcomb

Tucson, AZ USA

Win98 (4.10, Build 1998)

DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Matrox Marvel G200 AGP 8MB

Video Driver 6.28.017

Pentium III @ 600Mhz 256MB

Release-Candidate (November 29, 2007)

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/apr-deluxe_beta.zip (4 MB)

+ Update language files.

+ Fixed problem with working of slideshows under Windows 95/98 with very old version of DirectX (6.0 and earlier).

Steve,

It fixes that problem you have found.

p.s. this beta doesn't include ATI gamma fix, we need more time to test it and more likely it will be included to version 5.11 right after v5.1 final release.

Hi Igor,

Did you find the possible bug that Stonemason was reporting in Beta 10 where manual advance was not working properly after working properly in Beta 9?

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7688

Best regards,

Lin

It's Pre-Release. If there will be no bugs more, it will be marked as Final release.

Lin - Igor

Release-Candidate (November 23, 2007

This problem still exist.

Global setting in Project / Options / Main – “ Wait for a key press or mouse click to show next slide”.

It does work correctly if each slide is “Customized”.

If you are looking for existing bugs to remove before your final release, the JPEG EXIF Description template clips or does not show the last character in a text string that is stored in the EXIF ImageDescription field of a JPEG image file.

Steve Newcomb

Tucson, AZ USA