WnSoft Forums

Run Application

jkb

1. I am trying to set up a menu to run slide shows from. I know how to do this & everything works ok. However when I create the menu using Version 5.1 & click on the link to a show the screen flashes several times before the expected show runs. Using Version 4.48 the menu screen sits there for a few seconds while the show loads then it runs smoothly. In Version 5.1 the screen also flashes when the show ends before it returns to the menu. 4.48 returns smoothly.

I have created an exe of the 5.1 menu & it runs fine without flashes on a freinds laptop. A menu created on that laptop, runs fine there but flashes on my PC.

Does anyone have any ideas????

I am running XP SP2 with 1gb Ram on an AMD 3000+ 1.81Ghz using a Nvidia GeForce 7300GS with 512 Ram in single monitor mode Display is set to 1024x768

2. As I will be running the Menu etc from an unknown computer when out giving shows I would like to be able to jump off to other applications, Photoshop etc. Again I know how to do this. But as I can't guarantee where the application will be on the club's computer I would prefer to be able to jump to the Windows Desktop to locate it or at least bring up the Start menu.

Does anyone know how to call up the Desktop from within a PTE exe or even if it can be done???

Thanks for any advice you give.

Jill (North Wales)

hi Jill,

I don't know how to get to the desktop from PTE but a possible (slightly dirty) technique would be to launch into Windows Explorer first (C:\Windows\explorer.exe) and then manually close Explorer. Less than ideal but it would get you there.

...Does anyone know how to call up the Desktop from within a PTE exe or even if it can be done???

Thanks for any advice you give.

Jill (North Wales)

Jill,

The one very basic way you could do this is to use Alt/Tab when in the slideshow, this will then show other applications open, one of which could be Window Explorer to allow you to get to the desktop. While you do this the show is frozen, but continues when you Alt/Tab back to it.

Regards,

Graham

Jill,

Does anyone know how to call up the Desktop from within a PTE exe or even if it can be done???

I know of no easy way to accomplish this ... short of using command line tools or if you know where the Show Desktop.scf resides on the users pc . You could also just build a separate "Menu Show" in Windowed Mode where you have capability to minimize.

or at least bring up the Start menu.

Use the keyboard WinKey

However when I create the menu using Version 5.1 & click on the link to a show the screen flashes several times before the expected show runs.

This is caused by using full screen D3D graphic acceleration drivers in v 5. Any v5 pte show using this feature will have this desktop flicker. For "Menus" ... dont use D3D setting. If your "Shows" dont require D3D setting ... disable the checkbox also.

• 6 months later...
This moment will be improved in next version 5.2

We will not re-initialize fullscreen mode when you start next EXE slideshow from first slideshow.

Igor,

Version 5.2 never happened, you combined all the new user interface code and everything else into v5.5. But the resolution of this problem wasn't included in v5.5. Do you still have plans to resolve it? if so can you give any indication of when the solution might be available?

See also the thread that includes the following post:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=55730

regards,

Peter