WnSoft Forums

A Useful Addition for PTE I think...

In preparing tutorials I discovered that it would be very useful to be able to know precisely the running time of a PTE slideshow as it is being constructed.

If there were a way to keep a running total of the display times plus transition times it would make creating background music or speech to match much easier. As it is, I time each slide plus transitions or put a stopwatch on the total slideshow before adding music then adjust by eigher adding slides, changing display times or adjusting background music using audacity to match the slideshow.

Of course it's possible to look at the last keyframe time on the last slide (assuming there is one at the end of the slideshow) and get the precise time - but often I find myself adding a keypoint at the very end just to "know" the exact timing without getting out the stopwatch or checking the time for the last slide and adding this to the previous slide's last keyframe.

It would be a great help to me to have a small window which gave the running time for the slideshow...

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Judy,

No, you didn't dream it! Igor has previously hinted that v5.2 will include an extensive rework of the user interface, especially in respect of the timeline, animation and waveform display. Hopefully making it easier to synch everything we would like to the precise part of the soundtrack that we want. I'm looking forward to this release. But we'll just have to be patient.

I would like to add my name and "third" the request.

If I understand correctly the request, actually you just have to open the "Timeline" window and look for "End of the Last slide" that indicates the length of the show.

But I agree, it would be more convenient if you would have this information directly available in the main window.

Probably in v5.2 ? :)