WnSoft Forums

A little "Perspective" experiment

Lin Evans

I modified the next to last frame (the last coyote) which is now an oob (out of bounds) image.

OOB is sort of a specialized subject which has intense interest but among only a few people. Perhaps this will be the "push" which encourages more to experiment?

I like it, very interesting animated effect !

I will try to find some time soon to make a similar one, just for fun and for the pleasure to share. :)

Hello all.

Well Lin has really started something here for me; I’m determined to improve my manipulation of prospective using the great tools provided by Igor and his team in Pte.

Below is my latest attempt using all the ideas and tips provided by you experts, please have a look and come back and tell me why you think its rubbish.

I concentrated on keeping the top of the image stationary while the rest of the image zoomed back to reveal all of the street, then on to Lin’s OOB idea.

Sorry it’s another Mediafire link, please don't comment on the naff frame, its a Photoshop special and I only used it becouse its quick and easy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dlkjh1x0edc

Tom.

Totally off subject but can anybody tell me if it’s once again safe to use the quote cut and paste feature? I along will others was a victim of the virus inserted by the clown Igor banned and I haven’t used the feature since.

Tom.

Some great "little experiments" being posted here.

Tom, yours is in the lead by about $1.00.

LOL :P:D

Great Tom! You really did get into this.

Nifty sandwich board and the inscription.

Before the floating easel, but near the end of the road zoom, it almost had a dizzying effect and seemed like the right side of the frame was getting smaller and moving away.

Some of this reminds me of an idea I have had for a long time and will unlikely ever pursue. I think the enigmatic drawings of Dutch artist M.C. Escher could be a gold mine of material for fun with PTE.

(Maurits Cornelis Escher (June 17, 1898 – March 27, 1972), usually referred to as M. C. Escher, was a Dutch graphic artist. He is known for his often mathematically inspired woodcuts, lithographs and mezzotints. These feature impossible constructions, explorations of infinity, architecture and tessellations.)

Just take a look at some of his work and see if you, Tom, or Lin, or Dom, Jean-Pierre, or some of our math-based wizards couldn't really do something interesting. I would probably drive myself crazy if I tried! :blink: But I would love to see what someone could do.

Hi Robert,

No doubt he was a true genius with carving. It would be very interesting to try and program a PTE show to follow one of his Mobius carvings but it would require having pictures from several angles including both sides. I'll see if I can find some detail images....

Lin

Just take a look at some of his work and see if you, Tom, or Lin, or Dom, Jean-Pierre, or some of our math-based wizards couldn't really do something interesting. I would probably drive myself crazy if I tried! :blink: But I would love to see what someone could do.

Robert,

This afternoon I was at a loose end so decided to take you up on your challenge!!!!.

Off to the internet went I and had a look at some of M.C. Eschers drawings, I’m sorry to say I didn’t get much inspiration, I think Lin is right you need to take a 3d approach.

Anyway, as I was a at the computer I downloaded (stole) two of his drawings, took them into Photoshop, tortured them and produced this little ditty that you can download from HERE.

It’s just a bit of fun and it passed an hour or two for me.

I can’t wait for V5.5 to be published, it’s rarther like waiting for Santa don’t you think?

Tom.

Tom, although that's not all all what I had in mind, you did have some fun and produced a smile for me. :lol: I will say that the only time I ever made a PTE quickie and let the photographic induced red eyes flash, I came under some (eventually) good-natured condemnation. But as someone else mentioned, it is is nice just to lighten up sometimes. We all can use that from time to time. I'm willing to wait for YOUR further inspiration on the 3-D treatment of Escher's impossible paths for the eyes. Thanks for sharing your pre-inspiration.