WnSoft Forums

effects with Picture toexes de luxe

BBXF

HI, i am a new user of Pictures toexe and i am surprised because i cannot have the different effects on my slides.

i select my pictures and the different effects for each one, when I preview, after 2 slides, i have not the effect i would like.

I preview without effect !

Thanks for your help.

Bruno

Hi Bruno,

When you talk about "effects" are you meaning the different transitions from one slide into the next or about the Pan, Zoom and Rotate features that can be applied to objects on a background image?

Have you downloaded and read the User Guide manual? You will find this covers almost all of the features and facilities of this wonderful software.

Hi Bruno,

When you talk about "effects" are you meaning the different transitions from one slide into the next or about the Pan, Zoom and Rotate features that can be applied to objects on a background image?

Have you downloaded and read the User Guide manual? You will find this covers almost all of the features and facilities of this wonderful software.

Thanks for your answer, i talk about the different transitions from one slide to another.

I downloaded one french User guide manual, (i'm french and it's better for me ...) it sais if i select the transition for each slide , when i preview i have what i wish.

That is what i have done, but without a good result.

Thanks

Bruno,

It sounds as though you have PTE set up in its default state. This will give you a random choice of transitions. To turn off the random transitions:

- Open your project and then do "Project Options...Effects"

Are all the transition options ticked?

If so, click on the button at the top right of the Effects tab that shows two boxes without tick marks. This will turn off the automatic selection of transition effects. Now ensure that you have the "Enable transition effects" box ticked and also tick just Fade in/out in the list of effects.

This will give you a simple fade between each of your images. You can then specify a particular transition effect by selecting the slide that you want and doing "Customize Slide...Effect" and ticking the effect that you want for the selected slide. All the other slides should remain as simple fades.

I think that the hint given by Peter just above is a good one: it seems that the transitions are still in the "random" mode.

If you wish, I inform you that there are two French-speaking forums - it might be easier for you to get help :

Diaporamaforum

Diapositif

Feel free to have a look at one or both of them!

HI, i am a new user of Pictures toexe and i am surprised because i cannot have the different effects on my slides.

i select my pictures and the different effects for each one, when I preview, after 2 slides, i have not the effect i would like.

I preview without effect !

Thanks for your help.

Bruno

Hi Bruno

Check to see which edition of PTE you have. 5.1 did not show the transitions in the small viewing window you have to go to Preview at full screen to see them. The new version 5.5 shows them in real time. Sorry this is not in French.

Mike

Bruno,

It sounds as though you have PTE set up in its default state. This will give you a random choice of transitions. To turn off the random transitions:

- Open your project and then do "Project Options...Effects"

Are all the transition options ticked?

If so, click on the button at the top right of the Effects tab that shows two boxes without tick marks. This will turn off the automatic selection of transition effects. Now ensure that you have the "Enable transition effects" box ticked and also tick just Fade in/out in the list of effects.

This will give you a simple fade between each of your images. You can then specify a particular transition effect by selecting the slide that you want and doing "Customize Slide...Effect" and ticking the effect that you want for the selected slide. All the other slides should remain as simple fades.

Thanks, but i had already done what you explain , unsuccesfully ! I tried again to make sure, and it is the same.

I specify one of the different effect on each slide and when i preview i see just 2 of them have a special effect. The other ones have not. !

I tryed with Picture Toexe 5.1, i downloaded Picture Toexe5.5 but it is the same problem..

Hi Bruno,

Zip the PTE file (click File, Create Backup in Zip). Post the zip file and let's find out what's wrong...

Lin

Thanks, but i had already done what you explain , unsuccesfully ! I tried again to make sure, and it is the same.

I specify one of the different effect on each slide and when i preview i see just 2 of them have a special effect. The other ones have not. !

I tryed with Picture Toexe 5.1, i downloaded Picture Toexe5.5 but it is the same problem..

Bruno,

I know English is not your first language, but could you please try to explain exactly how you are trying to set the special transitions. By exactly I mean: which button do you click, which box do you tick - a step-by-step explanation.

Once we understand how you are trying to do this, we will either spot what you are doing wrong or, hopefully, be able to re-create the problem on our own systems.

On my website, there is (among other things) an illustrated tutorial in French on the main functions of the 'synchronisation' (as it is called) window. It has been made for v 4.49 but it doesn't change much in v 5 as far as these functions are concerned.

It is on this page.

Ci-dessous, un exemple de paramétrage d'une vue avec un effet de transition spécifique:

config_vue2.jpg

[attachmen

t=1492:ecranproject1.jpg] <_<

On my website, there is (among other things) an illustrated tutorial in French on the main functions of the 'synchronisation' (as it is called) window. It has been made for v 4.49 but it doesn't change much in v 5 as far as these functions are concerned.

It is on this page.

Ci-dessous, un exemple de paramétrage d'une vue avec un effet de transition spécifique:

config_vue2.jpg

Thanks to all,

i have done all you said but unsuccessfully

I send a file to explain my problem: See the file "ecranproject1.jpg"

I have the effect when i preview on the window to configure the slide (point 1), but when i preview the project (point2), i have the effect on 2 slides and not on the other.

I can not send my compressed example ? (2,93Ko) ??

post-5935-1212676174_thumb.jpg

Hi Bruno,

Lin is right. If you want us to help you quickly and efficentiely, please upload your PTE project.

In PTE, click on Fichier then on Sauvegarde en fichier zip.

In the forum, click on ADD REPLY and in the next screen, click on Parcourir, browse your HD and select the zip file, then click on UPLOAD.

Once done, I'm sure you gonna have an answer and the solution in less than an hour. :)

Hello Bruno,

I opened your project with version 5.5. I saw 7 slides, each of which has been given its own transition effect using "customize slide" (4 different effects were used: 2 different diagonal page curling effects, unrolling from top, mosaic). The mini-player, as well as the project preview show exactly what has been programmed!

Best regards

Xaver

Munich

Hi Bruno,

I think I'm seeing the same as Xaver and Neil. Your first slide uses a diagonal page curl from top left, your second uses a vertical page curl from top to bottom, your third uses a mosaic effect, your fourth uses the diagonal page curl from top left again, the fifth uses the vertical page curl from the top again, the sixth uses a diagonal page curl from bottom right to top left and the last uses the diagonal page curl from top left once more.

Which of these transitions do you not see?

When do you not see it? When using the full-screen preview or when using the mini-player preview?

Hi all,

I am surprised every body can see the preview of my project.

I repeat i see all the right effect when i use the window player and i see just the two first when i use the full screen preview.

Now i believe my computer has not enough capacity ?

I use a thinkpad X31 with processor: 1,4 Ghz and 1Go Ram.

What do you think about that ?

Thanks