WnSoft Forums

Ability to Transform objects - skew or perspective

This has probably been mentioned before and may be difficult to achieve, but the ability within O&A to transform objects in a similar manner to 'photoshop edit transform'.

As well as zoom and pan it would be great to be able at a keypoint to either 'skew' the shape of an image/object or at least be able to change the 'perspective'. I know that some forum members have demonstrated their acheivements in this field but I find the present limit on shapes a little dificult to get to grips with moving objects around to simulate viewing on different planes.

Alan

... I find the present limit on shapes a little dificult to get to grips with moving objects around to simulate viewing on different planes.

Hi Alan,

Can you explain in some more detail what kind of application you are thinking of.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

Hi Alan,

Can you explain in some more detail what kind of application you are thinking of.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

Hi Xavier

I am trying to suggest the movement within a slide from one shape to another to simulate the appearance of the object being in a different plane to the face on. Similar to the images created by Lin which showed pictures of birds and their reflections. In that case he was using Xara extreme to create his whole image which showed the picture from at an agle with true perspective.

Dom has created some templates where images move from one plane to another by changing the zoom, rotation and pan, but they a very complex to acheive.

It woul;d be nice to be able to take an object at the beginning of the slide and change the shape of it so that it looked as though it was in perspective, thus creating movement. See my graphic attached.

I hope I've have explained it well enough.

Regards

Alan

post-5587-1214983826_thumb.jpg

And to give an idea of how such an effect might be used in a sequence consider the following scenario:

- image of a building with door closed

- open the door by transforming just the door part of the image over a time period

- zoom in towards the open door

- fade to an interior view taken from the doorway

Yes, the individual images might need to be set up outside of PTE but the actual effect of the door opening (i.e. transforming from head-on to perspective - swinging on its hinge, in effect) has to be achieved in PTE as an animation event.

A possible technical implementation would be to allow each side (ideally each corner) of the shape to be zoomed independently of the others.

Hi Allan,

I wonder if this feature is feasible. In PTE, all transformations of objects (rotations, scalings of coordinates, translations (pans)) even if they are applied to objects in parent/child relationship, lead (mathematically spoken) to time dependent affine transformations (see here, if you like). Such an operation combines (at any point of time) a linear operator and a simple translation and it always maps parallel lines onto parallel lines again. A rectangle may be distorted, but the result will always be a parallelogram. So, the transformation that you would like to have has a totally different characteristic, and I fear that it is not easy to achieve.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

Hi Allan,

.................................... A rectangle may be distorted, but the result will always be a parallelogram. So, the transformation that you would like to have has a totally different characteristic, and I fear that it is not easy to achieve.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

That's a shame. I wonder how the guys at Adobe enabled Photoshop to acheive it in "Edit-transform "

Regardsd,

Alan

... I wonder how the guys at Adobe enabled Photoshop to achieve it in "Edit-transform "

I think it is a difference to implement a single transformation or to have it in a time dependent form within a smooth animation.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

Hi guys,

this tread is the same as mine :lol:

(rotation x y z)

We have only to wait a reply from Igor in order to know if this kind of trasformation is possible with graphic libraries used.

but, what are graph lib used? directx? witch version?

• 10 months later...
We will add AngleX and AngleY transformations for objects in v5.7 or 5.8

Thanks Igor

I am really looking forward to using this facility. :D I shall await its implementation with great enthusiasm. Hopefully the team will suceed in version 5.7. Can't wait for the Beta's.

Regards

Alan