WnSoft Forums

Extract images from an exe file.

:huh:

Unfortunately JPD, Diaporamaforum and Diapositif are not the onlyway in France and in the World to obtain information from the Internet. Sooner or later everything is known. You can not put doors to the countryside. This program exists and that is the reality. And affects to PTE, Proshow, Madi@show, MemoriesOnTv ... and many other programs.

If this served as a consolation, I can´t extract files in png format. The creators of PTE (Igor), may get a different image in Pte.exe file that can not be extracted by this program (MultiExtractor). Therein lies the solution ...

Knowing your enemy will can defeat him.

Caperucita

Caperucita and Jean-Pierre,

I have followed this thread with interest because it effects myself and other Professionals who rely on 'Imagery Files' in pursuit of their

business activities. As Jean-Pierre has rightly pointed out, the last thing we want is someone stealing those (origional) Images for their

own personal gain.

In comparison...

Unlike the Music Industry where the Artists and Musicians and Record CD Companies have been well paid for their efforts.

But the average AV Club Member earn's nothing for their creative efforts and what Professional AV user's earn is a 'pittance' compared

to these Music Mogul's who go to despot extremes to extract excess Royalities from all Radio & TV Stations Worldwide to which the Public

also pay a Licence Fee. Within that Licence Fee is your contribution to their royalities ~

And yet they want the last drop of 'blood' from A/V Societies who are effectively promoting their Products for 'free' to a non-commercial

captive audience, ie:- A/V Club Members.

We know that 'Origional Image' Piracy is a fragrent breach of common Copyright Law, but I doubt that any A/V Club Member would have

the resources to prosecute an action for 'Image Theft' ~not withstand that~ there are a few ways of protecting your interests and preventing

(origional) Image Theft,viz:-

There are simple Programs available which write an invisible 'Meta-Tag' into each Image which when 'scanned' by any external EXE

will place the word 'Copyright' across the scanned Image. This can't be removed without destroying the Image meta-data. Some Programs

also generate a 'User Password' as the Meta-Tag, this for the benefit of the origional Image-Author who can 'unlock' the Image for personal

Demonstration or Sales purposes....

(That might be an idea for Igor and the WnSoft team).

The following 'Link' will provide some utilities regarding general Image protection:-

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/copyright..._on_the_Web.htm

Hope this is of some use to those concerned...

Brian.Conflow.

P.S For the 'Professional' look up www.digimarc.com it writes 'meta-tags' into Images.

post-1416-1217535764_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Sad day really as i have trialed this multiextractor program, and its too good.

Basically i use-

Winguard32 and Winlicence 1.8 to keyfile/protect the shows...

Multiextractor basically rips thru the pic2exe file, irrespective of its software protection,

and gives you all the pictures/multimedia content your show contains- in the original format/quality.

So implementing any password protection or time trial... is futile.

There are other time consuming alternatives, but then time is money.

A simple effective nemesis.

Thanx 4 the run.

:(

That's the down side of any good image/file recovery system - it works against the protection formerly provided by executable files, but truthfully, there never really has been true protection from a dedicated thief. The only real protection is to limit the resolution of the images used in the original and, of course, that defeats the main strength of a PTE show. We must simply accept the fact that anything we put out there for public consumption is going to be vulnerable to theft. The best we can hope for is to keep the honest people honest and to not get too upset when we find our images stolen. It's happened to all of us who make our livings in photography and long ago I learned to stop fretting over things I can't control.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi,

Sad day really as i have trialed this multiextractor program, and its too good.

Basically i use-

Winguard32 and Winlicence 1.8 to keyfile/protect the shows...

Multiextractor basically rips thru the pic2exe file, irrespective of its software protection,

and gives you all the pictures/multimedia content your show contains- in the original format/quality.

So implementing any password protection or time trial... is futile.

There are other time consuming alternatives, but then time is money.

A simple effective nemesis.

Thanx 4 the run.

Hi fellow pic2exions,

Sad day really, for me anyway as i have used this multiextractor program, and its a duel edged sword.

If it can help me extract all the pictures/content for me...

Basically i have been using-

Winguard32 and Winlicence 1.8 to keyfile/protect the shows content...

Multiextractor basically rips thru the pic2exe file, irrespective of its software protection/compression,

and gives you all the pictures/multimedia content your show contains- without a fight - in the original format/quality.

Implementing any password protection or time trial on your pictures to exe... is futile.

I think there are other time consuming alternatives, but then time is money.

Time to reorientate my business aspirations...

Thanx 4 the run.

I'm sorry about this problem!

We can and will improve the protection of EXE files, but I'm sure it will be hacked again. Even the most protected Blu-Ray already hacked.

As you say Igor, it's impossible to protect a program, and add a protection in PTE will only use power when reading a slideshow and will not really protect. The only thing I say is it's not necessary on such a forum to give tools and explanations about how to use them.

Since a long time there is a tool on Mac which do the same, I have never give its name neither speak about it.

To day, there is an enough good protection with PTE when using BMP (with compress option selected) or PNG file, because there are no tools abble to read the files used by PTE even if some tools can extract them. If I give this information it's for professionnal users who can use this caracteristic to protect their work (I think to those who make slideshows for marriage, birthday and so on and sale their work).

All this discussion is no reflection on you Igor nor PTE.

There are undoubtedly times when the ability to extract original images and sound from within an existing show is valuable to the producer, as we often hear on this forum.

I'm sure any average person would not go to these lengths to 'pirate' screen resolution images from a show, and as we know there are simpler (screengrab) utilities which can do this.

MultiExtractor seems to do all it claims, and once the genie is out of the bottle ............................ !

Let's move on.

DEN (NE UK)

As you say Igor, it's impossible to protect a program, and add a protection in PTE will only use power when reading a slideshow and will not really protect. The only thing I say is it's not necessary on such a forum to give tools and explanations about how to use them.

Since a long time there is a tool on Mac which do the same, I have never give its name neither speak about it.

To day, there is an enough good protection with PTE when using BMP (with compress option selected) or PNG file, because there are no tools abble to read the files used by PTE even if some tools can extract them. If I give this information it's for professionnal users who can use this caracteristic to protect their work (I think to those who make slideshows for marriage, birthday and so on and sale their work).

The actual programs integrity has been near bullet proof since 4.4x... and is not in question here.

Igor and the team implemented in VIEW|ADVANCED OPTIONS-"Allow modification of exe file with slideshow", because the

stringent protection of Pictures to exe was passed on to the executable product. You were not able to add any

further functions -encryption + anti-dumping + activation keys + etc, to the finished product because of P2X protection.

This option was brilliantly installed for such purposes.

I consider my self a layman at best, not a dedicated hack. If you can - click - drag - drop, your in business.

The program in question was brought to light by Caperucitaroja as to its abilities, be it for good or bad,

and from Lins positive comments -

This program extracts the original as it is embedded in the EXE file. It can also extract your MP3 and a host of other formats so it is actually a very useful program.

I am gladly sad that this has occured because i was in the process of integrating server side automation for keyfiles.

Dishonest people indirectly contribute to 60% of Products/businesses in the world today.

Ignore them at your own detrement.

"Keep your friends close, your enemies closer." :ph34r:

I have been intrigued with the possibilities of this program. When my PC crashed some time ago and my backup failed (long story), I lost a lot of my original images that I used to create many of my PTE shows. And when I created each PTE show, I reduced the resolution of each image to make the PTE file smaller. I lost all of those too. So all I have is the final PTE show.

Now, I would like to extract all the images from the old shows and re-do them in the new PTE version. If I use this program to 'extract' the reduced resolution images from my old PTE shows, and re-do the slideshow, will I get the same quality of the images that I had in the old PTE slideshow?

Thanks... Gary

I have been intrigued with the possibilities of this program. When my PC crashed some time ago and my backup failed (long story), I lost a lot of my original images that I used to create many of my PTE shows. And when I created each PTE show, I reduced the resolution of each image to make the PTE file smaller. I lost all of those too. So all I have is the final PTE show.

Now, I would like to extract all the images from the old shows and re-do them in the new PTE version. If I use this program to 'extract' the reduced resolution images from my old PTE shows, and re-do the slideshow, will I get the same quality of the images that I had in the old PTE slideshow?

Thanks... Gary

Unfortuanatly for some... yes

post-3916-1217893267_thumb.jpg

Unfortuanatly for some... yes

post-3916-1217893267_thumb.jpg

Yes... some things can be used for evil...and some for good. It was a heartbreaker when I lost my images only to be locked up in PTE. But now I can free them and redo the slideshows with the new version with more creativity. Too bad we still have to worry about the evil part.

Gary

Over the last two days I have tested this program on many different files as well as PTEs and can verify everything that is claimed for it. BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG, WAV, MP3, AVI and many others were recovered with no detectable difference from the original. In fact I could not find anything that would stop it. :huh:

This software is like fire, it can be of great benefit to us or can be very destructive depending on how it is used.

It is not fire or this software tool that is the problem, it is the few people that will use it for harm.

... We can and will improve the protection of EXE files, but I'm sure it will be hacked again....

Igor,

Would it make sense to introduce the option of AES encryption for images where the key is derived from a user chosen password (up to 20 digits, alpha numeric, case sensitive).

Best regards.

Xaver

Munich

Haver,

Yes, something like, so slideshows with password will be maximally protected.

In the next version we'll implement much stronger protection for EXE files.

For all:

I'd like to raise the next question. Because far not all authors agree that their works can be unpacked I suggest to avoid publishing name(s) and links to such unpacker(s) on this forum. I consider such tool useful in some cases, but let publish this info on other websites and forums.

Guest Techman1
For all:

I'd like to raise the next question. Because far not all authors agree that their works can be unpacked I suggest to avoid publishing name(s) and links to such unpacker(s) on this forum. I consider such tool useful in some cases, but let publish this info on other websites and forums.

Igor,

I'm all for this. If someone needs some program like this in the future, individuals here can always PM a regular member of this forum the information.

This could be monitored by all and maintained by administrators.

-Fred

This could be monitored by all and maintained by administrators.

Hello Fred,

In this forum I did not notice any rules on posting, and I actaully like the liberalism which has been practiced here. If we now call for general policies we are faced with the problem that they will have to be published and enforced. It will always happen that unexperienced or thoughtless users will post things of this kind, but we'll get over it.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

in an earlier entry i said that this piece of software was mentioned over a year ago and there was no hoopla -- now there is because AVG is detecting it as a trojan - -no other software is saying it is bad - as yet:)

so who has had their pictures hacked

a few years ago it was brought up about security of the exe etc -- the thought went away thankfully

as far as i am concerned Igor has more important things to resolve -- the next thing the exe will not work because somebody has some program that says it is a boo boo -- then Igor will have to spend more time resolving that issue -- look how much time he has to spend to resolve problems with the forum or false indicators by a anti virus program

what it all boils down to if you dont want anything hacked dont put it on the web for the general public to view.

Lets move on

ken

Confucius say: "Forum not determine who right, forum determine who left."

Mmmmooving on,

Want something done bad enough? Do it yourself i say ...

I have found a simple, yet effective work around!

SERIOUSLY...

anyway, enough said on the subject as Boo boo has left the building!!! ;)