WnSoft Forums

News of development

Igor

Hi Igor,

Great effects! The mask is outstanding! Looking forward to the beta releases!

Best regards,

Lin

It's a demonstration of some new effects in future version 5.6:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/RollEffect.exe (2.5 MB)

1) Fully reworked "Curling of page" effect which works in real 3D space now. In this demo not fully optimized.

2) Mask object (on last slide).

I think I might have grasped what the mask is allowing. It looks like a transition "Circle from centre" but the centre point is in motion across the image at the same time as the circle is expanding. Is this right or am I still missing the point on this?

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Pay special attention to the upper right hand corner as the penultimate image transcends via the mask. You will see the sky from the previous image remaining. This mask allows some incredible effects permitting elements of two images to be viewed simultaneously!

Best regards,

Lin

I think I might have grasped what the mask is allowing. It looks like a transition "Circle from centre" but the centre point is in motion across the image at the same time as the circle is expanding. Is this right or am I still missing the point on this?

regards,

Peter

Hi! Igor,

Chalk another one up for you and the team, I too can't wait to use this new feature, especially the masks.

A question if I may, will the user be able to set the sweet spot ( starting position) of the masks? if so It could be used very creatively.

I am only sorry that the 3D transition can't be used to start and end sequences from the desktop.

Tom

Great work Igor, I particularly like the mask transition with which I can see a lot of creative possibilities, thanks.

Well Done Igor. :D

We are all looking forward to the exciting new developments.

If you need more photos perhaps you should take another holiday and return to England & Wales again :D:D:D

With love

Maureen

Robert & Fern

Igor-in-London6956.jpg

It's a special Mask object available in future v5.6. You can use any form of Mask not only circle.

Beta should be ready in a month.

That will give us many possibilities as made Gates effect on an object, made a zoom in a window as the test I did with V5.1 and many other things. I could try some ideas.

Maureen, who is this play boy ? :) He also come to Paris where he will be welcome and we have La butte Montmartre, le Moulin rouge, Pigalle, les Champs Elysées, la Tour Eiffel et .... les petites françaises !!!

Sorry to be a bit negative on this but the page curls do not look much like curls to me. They look like very rigid cardboard pages being turned apart that is from the one from the corner. I don't think this looks very realistic.

I can however see some great potentila in the mask.

Kind regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

There are a wide range of "adjustments" you can make on transitions with rolling or curl depending on the "radius" you choose. The effect you see which Igor used is designed to show you the 3D effect. There are nearly infinite variations you can program for yourself. Note Igor's comment that "they are not fully optimized" in this demo....

Lin

Sorry to be a bit negative on this but the page curls do not look much like curls to me. They look like very rigid cardboard pages being turned apart that is from the one from the corner. I don't think this looks very realistic.

I can however see some great potentila in the mask.

Kind regards

Peter

Hello all,

This example does not jet show what I would expect from a mask: Moving windows with animated content, with an animated background ...

But let's be patient, and wait and see.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

I think that what you want will be possible with V5.6, what Igor show in his demo make me sure that more complex effects will be possible.

Is this the sort of thing you have in mind?

MaskedAnimation_Aug31_2008_20_16_14.zip

Peter,

sorry, I'm thinking of something different: Zooming of an image inside a frame where pieces outside the frame are clipped, but without using a background with a hole. The effect that I mean can be seen in JPD's show "Dis, la nostalgie", which Jean-Pierre had to program in a very complicated way (see also here). With appropriate masks it would be quite easy to do it.

Features of this kind are contained in m.objects and Wings Platinum (WP calls it "Bildfeld-Clipping" (~ image field clipping)).

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich