WnSoft Forums

Install and Upgrade on new computer

ChesapkLady

I've enjoyed Pictures to Exe for years, and have version 4. something (I think 4.2) installed on my old (seven years old!!) PC, running XP. I've recently purchased a new computer running Vista, and would like to install P2Exe on that. I do understand that I originally purchased a license to use it on 1 computer, and will happily uninstall it on the old computer if I can install it on the Vista machine. If I was given an installation code I've long since lost it. I do have the application on a CD, but it doesn't seem to have an installation file.

In addition, I'd like to upgrade to Deluxe on the Vista machine. Do I have to purchase the full version as new, or can I get the Deluxe version as an upgrade?

Thanks,

Peggy

Do I have to purchase the full version as new, or can I get the Deluxe version as an upgrade?

As far as I am informed, you only have to pay the update. I would recommend first to install the standard version on your new computer, you even must not uninstall it on the old one. Maybe that this link will help you.

Best regards,

Xaver H.

Munich

Peggy

The code that Xaver refers to would have been sent to you on an email when you first purchased PicturesToExe 4. If you have managed to retain all your emails over those years then you may still have it and the cose may not be lost.

You are going to need that original product key code to be able to firstly intall PTE4 on your new computer. PTE4 will need to be installed first with your old product key, before you can updrade to PTE5, so finding your key is quite important.

If you don't have it, you could make a request of PTE to see if they have records going back that far, but I would not hold a lot of hope if it has been some years.

Your easiest way may be to re-purchase a fully up to date copy and product key. That is not what you wanted to hear perhaps, but it is worth every penny.

To find the original key, search your old computers PROGRAMME FILES for "reg.txt"

If you still have version 4 installed it will find it.

Copy the "reg.txt" to a new secure folder on on new computer and when you install v.4 load the key.

DaveG

This worked, thank you so much! Now how do I upgrade to the Deluxe? I've got the old version installed, and have downloaded the new version. . . what do I do next?

Just log on to Wnsoft, go through the purchase (buy now) option and one of the choices on the final drop down menu is the upgrade which is $26 USD. Download and install the latest version if you haven't already done so and another unlock code with be emailed to you which will unlock Video Builder.

Best regards,

Lin

This worked, thank you so much! Now how do I upgrade to the Deluxe? I've got the old version installed, and have downloaded the new version. . . what do I do next?