WnSoft Forums

Bug-reports on version 5.6 Beta

Igor

...Xaver says my understanding is wrong...

Peter,

I didn't say that. We referred to different situations. You were talking about keypoint cloning. I considered the situation where you insert a new keypoint (using the button in the animation tab) which is placed between two others having different PZR values (describing a linear animation). In this case the pure keypoint insertion leaves the (linear) animation unchanged, while an additional shift has a side effect on the given animation.

Best regards,

Xaver

nobeefstu,

When creating a HD Video and I decide to abort or cancel file process and then completely close PTE program ... my Task Manager still shows processes 'Burn.exe, Video Builder.exe, and Apr.exe' still running - with 50+-% CPU Usage.

Sorry to ask that, are you sure that you have closed right application? Window for encoding of video is another application that visible on TaskBar.

How you closed it? By pressing of X button at the corner of the window or clicking Cancel button?

Can you reproduce this problem again?

Thanks in advance!

Ehm...

Wow. Double misunderstanding! I mean... when cloning the keyframe there is no interpolation

but a simple copy of the parameters. My mind is joking :)

Please forget. Umberto

Something else that just struck me as a little unusual...

We have an Englishman, an Italian and a German arguing about something that was written by a Russian. We certainly do live in an international world!

Peter

Igor,

nobeefstu,

Sorry to ask that, are you sure that you have closed right application? Window for encoding of video is another application that visible on TaskBar.

How you closed it? By pressing of X button at the corner of the window or clicking Cancel button?

Can you reproduce this problem again?

Thanks in advance!

Relating to Create HD Video for Pc :

Since installing and testing with v5.6 beta 6 ... the task processes have now closed out properly and CPU returns normal. I have tried various cancel or X out senarios and have not been able to reproduce the process not closing issue I had using beta 4. So beta 6 appears to resolve the issue.

I have been able to create-convert and play HD Video for PC with no issues with both beta 4 and 6. Tests included were SD 1024x768 (L,M,H) and HD 1280x720 (M,H) ... They look great !

Peter,

When you create new keyframe (via "Create New Keyframe Here" button in Animation tab, or choose "Add Keyframe Here" from Timeline popup menu, or click "+" small button) it creates a keyframe at the position of the cursor on the Timeline.

If the cursor was placed near (+/- 8 screen pixels) to keypositions (0 ms, end of transition effect to current slide, beginning of next transition effect and end of next transition effect - see two thin grey bars on the Timeline) PicturesToExe will put new keyframe exactly at this important point and dock it. That's useful if you later will change duration of transition effects or slide - such docked keyframes still will be located in these keypositions (e.g. end of transition effect).

I understand now that sometimes it bothers to place new keyframe near to keypositions but not exactly. So what variants we have? Special option - "Snap new keyframes to keypositions"?

Igor,

Thanks for the response to my bug report.

If the cursor was placed near (+/- 8 screen pixels) to keypositions (0 ms, end of transition effect to current slide, beginning of next transition effect and end of next transition effect - see two thin grey bars on the Timeline) PicturesToExe will create put new keyframe exactly at this important point and dock it. That's useful if you later will change duration of transition effects or slide - such docked keyframes still will be located in these keypositions (e.g. end of transition effect).

What you describe above is a very useful behaviour of PTE. I wouldn't want you to do anything that would change the way it works in these specific situations.

...So what variants we have? Special option - "Snap new keyframes to keypositions"?

Something like that might be useful. What I think would be even better, would be the facility to "copy and paste" keyframes from one object to another.

The ability to select one keyframe, a group or a collection of keyframes from object A and be able to Copy them (using Ctrl+C); and then select a different object, object B and be able to Paste these keyframes into this object (using Ctrl+V) would be a fantastic improvement to PTE's useability. It would be wonderful if object B could be on any slide, but if we have to be restricted to the same slide, that would be a restriction I could live with - at least until the next PTE release.

Is the following timetable a realistic possibility?:

- "Snap new keyframes..." in a later beta of v5.6

- Copy & paste keyframes across objects on the same slide in next PTE version after v5.6

- Copy & Paste keyframes across objects on different slides in the version after that.

regards,

Peter

... PicturesToExe will put new keyframe exactly at this important point ...

Igor,

this is good in cases where no keypoint exists at the transition point. If a keypoint has already been placed there, it does not make sense to put in a second one.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

Hi,

I've been using 5.6 beta for a couple of weeks now and it's great! I don't have a bug to report but I do have a request. When adding text to slides in a show, the selected font always reverts back to Times New Roman. This happens even within a slide if more than one text object is entered. I think it would be handy if the last used font shows up with subsequent text entries until the user changes to a new font.

Thanks for a great product.

Jim