WnSoft Forums

For Old Car Buffs - Possible Repeat

Lin Evans

Just a little fun thing for those of us who grew up in the 50's and 60's. In Santa Rosa, New Mexico along old US Route 66 there's a great little car museum with some fantastic old "rods" and Detroit muscle iron. Great people and dedicated to the preservation of an era which was truly a fun time in US history. These are the cars I grew up with and I just made this little show a few years ago to help me remember what it was like when I was growing up in the 50's. Maybe today's younger generation will also enjoy seeing a few of these fantastic cars.

Lin

http://www.learntomakeslideshows.net/sample/route66.zip (about 12 meg)

Just a little fun thing for those of us who grew up in the 50's and 60's. In Santa Rosa, New Mexico along old US Route 66 there's a great little car museum with some fantastic old "rods" and Detroit muscle iron. Great people and dedicated to the preservation of an era which was truly a fun time in US history. These are the cars I grew up with and I just made this little show a few years ago to help me remember what it was like when I was growing up in the 50's. Maybe today's younger generation will also enjoy seeing a few of these fantastic cars.

Lin

http://www.learntomakeslideshows.net/sample/route66.zip (about 12 meg)

Hi Lin,

This is my first post, having looked at your work with pics to exe I logged on today and viewed the above show. I just love those old cars, Im from the uk and grew up through the sixties, loving all the tv shows and films showing these cars, just fab. Great work and thanks for sharing

Regards

Ralph :D

Hey Guys,

Thanks! Those old Detroit irons are something else! Lots of room to stretch out, not much plastic to warp, crack and break and built to last. It would be great if they still made cars like did from the 40's to late 60's. The engines today are incredible but the body and soul just isn't there in most cases any more.

Ken - I have a contract pending with S.S. He has offered $.25 up front and 5% of everything we get over $.02 for the next 30 minutes - LOL... Should I sign???

Best regards,

Lin

Hey Bart, Bob,

Thanks! LOL - Bob, I have exactly the same feeling. I was in high school when the earlier of these were brand, spanking new. Of course in those days I couldn't afford "new" so I started with a Green '50 Chevy complete with Power Glide, Visor, lowered (torched coil springs). Needless to say it wasn't exactly a "chick magnet" - HA! Over the years my taste improved but that old '50 Chevy still elicits fond memories. It cost me $150 and I probably spent $300 tricking it out. I graduated from a 2 year Technical Trade school (4 hours a night, three nights a week) while I was still going to high school during the day time, then got a pretty good job repairing Television and Stereo equipment after school. By the time I graduated from High School I had bought a shiny new '60 Austin Healey Sprite (the bug-eyed one) and added a Judson supercharger, Seabring suspension and other goodies. After I graduated I gave it to my steady girl friend to drive to school because the company I was working for let me drive my service truck home every night. She was really excited and looked great behind the wheel of that little Sprite! Those were great days!

Lin