WnSoft Forums

Modifying Slideshow

Tom Rowles

Hi Tom,

Let me address only your first question - the sound recorder I can't comment on.

It's not possible to alter a slideshow after it has already been saved as a new executable file. You need to make the changes using PicturesToExe to the PTE file then save your changes and export to an executable file.

Best regards,

Lin

Tom:

I have an Edirol R-09 sound recorder. Edirol

I also have a RODE NTG2 shotgun microphone for it Rode Mic (sorry the RODE website seems to be off line right now so I gave you a link to a store that carries it in Canada)

I have used it with and without the microphone for wildlife and voice recording, both with good success. (The mic is obviously the most successful, but I was more than happy with what I had achieved before getting the mic)

Guest Yachtsman1

I had a zoom H2 but wasn't very happywith the results, some swear by the zoom H4. I now use a Zoom C03 USB mike direct into the laptop, but this method obviously isn't suited to field recording unless you cart the laptop around.

Yachtsman1.

I have finally ordered a Samson H4 recorder and will be writing something on my web site, once I have some experience of it. I think AV workers would be interested if they could read an unbiased review and hear a good variety of recordings from the H4.

Should be delivered this week, so I will post a link to any review I do, when I do it.

Hi,

I have an H2, purchased quite recently after reading posts on this forum and am vedry pleased with it. I only use it for voice recording in a controlled environment. Havn't used it outside as yet. I had tried a number of mics including USB linked to PC and laptop but was very dissapointed with the results. For me the H2 is superb.

Regards

John

John/Barry (sounds like a composer from the 60s)

I use an H2 and the quality from location recordings is, to my ear, fine. One needs to be careful with positioning and handling noise (poor add-on grip) but nothing to worry about.

A run through Audacity/Audition is all that's needed to get the best from the files produced.

I would assume that the H4 can produce even better quality - given the price difference.

DEN (NE UK)

Guest Yachtsman1
John/Barry (sounds like a composer from the 60s)

I use an H2 and the quality from location recordings is, to my ear, fine. One needs to be careful with positioning and handling noise (poor add-on grip) but nothing to worry about.

A run through Audacity/Audition is all that's needed to get the best from the files produced.

I would assume that the H4 can produce even better quality - given the price difference.

DEN (NE UK)

I think you'll find the H4 was brought out before the H2, the H2 has features the H4 hasn't, adjustable gain etc.

Yachtsman1

I think you'll find the H4 was brought out before the H2, the H2 has features the H4 hasn't, adjustable gain etc.

Yachtsman1

That is not the information I have picked up from the forum. It would hardly make sence for an improved product to be given a lower product number.

Its like Photoshop 6 being a better vertion than Photoshop 9

Guest Yachtsman1
That is not the information I have picked up from the forum. It would hardly make sence for an improved product to be given a lower product number.

Its like Photoshop 6 being a better vertion than Photoshop 9

I bought my H2 about 14 months ago after discussing the subject with Peter who has an H4 & said at the time he wished the H2 had been available when he bought his.

Suggest you check out these links.

http://www.samsontech.com/products/product...cfm?prodID=1901

http://www.samsontech.com/products/product...cfm?prodID=1916

;)

Yachtsman1