WnSoft Forums

Question on Create menu in v5.6

Igor

AbdolReza

why did you not enter this in

Ideas and suggestions for next versions do you mean pte to Scr etc ?

ken

Ken

Beforehand I give my idea in Ideas and suggestions.

It was only as a mention , I love it happen for pte

pte to Scr is not my say , My mean was only convertors Menu instead of Creat Menu as a follow :

Exe to Scr

Exe to Flv

Exe to Swf

Exe to Gif

Exe to Avi

Exe to com

Exe to Mpeg

Exe to Wva

Exe to ppt

Exe to Scf

Midi to Wma /Mp3 / wav/

:huh:

Hi Igor,

I just found your concern about PTE users about Create Menu.

Personnaly, I lead a club of photos and videos lovers. Most of them are retired people who have time enough to build slideshows or family videos.

Most of them have already bought either Studio, Vegas, Magix, Adobe...

Some of them tried to work with PTE few others have already bought PTE Deluxe. In our point of view all the discussion concerning Create Menu have no impact on new user behaviour. If they bought PTE they knew it is the best for pictures quality and rendering on slideshow with Exe files. So they will find the "Create Exe" button whatever its position within the menu : they bought PTE for that purpose, they will find it out.

We explain in our club sessions how to use PTE for video exportations but if you spotlighted too much on these possibilities you will have to compete against Studio, Vegas, Magix, Adobe Premiere or other Photos-Videos software and PTE is not the best ranked in this category today (as far as I know).

It is easier to explain and promote the use of PTE for its slideshow quality with EXE files.

You have also to consider that with TV HD and PC for family market development, Full HD LCD screens and laptop with HDMI connexion are quite commons nowadays and people will be able to watch their EXE slideshows on their TV screen without DVD support, without needing to convert EXE to xxx.

We consider, as more important that PTE be improved

- on remaining problems listed on the forum to ease the use for beginners

mainly with all O&A functions ;

- on some more audio management facilities (level management between background and comments,etc..) ;

- on audio/view synchronisation aspects;

- some more surprising handsome transition effects..

Just for contribution,

Daniel.

When I purchased PTE (v5.5) was just to produce EXEs.

So, when in v5.6 a popup menu appeared when pressing the Create button,

I did not appreciate this.

Since PTE was primarily intended to produce EXEs, my wish is that the main

function should be EXE creation, and other options should be under an "Export"

menu.

This will warn the user that the main format is EXE, and all other formats (which

are under the Export menu) are supposed to be somewhat lesser quality.

Personally, when I see an Export command in the "File" menu of an application,

I think that the formats under this command are for compatibility with other

standards, but are not able to fullfill all the power of the application.

So, my choice would be to "relegate" the video formats under an "Export"

command, and to keep the EXE creation standalone. If you think about it,

EXE creation and video output are two distinct worlds.

Regards... Umberto

Thanks for your all thoughts and suggestions!

Probably it better to add second button to the bottom part of the main inteface?

It should solve this problem and will highlight EXE format as primary output option.

Create EXE file | Export (all video options) | Preview | etc

post-1-1235049025_thumb.jpg

Given that Microsoft and Adobe (among many other mainstream players) twiddle with the GUI extensively, I personally have (and never have had) no problem with the configuration of the 'Create' menu in v5.6.0. However, it appears that others find it problematical despite the fact that one very shortly becomes accustomed to the positions of one's 'favourite' options. My vote would therefore go with Igor's own suggestion earlier today (ie two posts up from this one). Clean, simple, logical and practical.

My general feeling is that this discussion is peripheral. There are elements which one person uses habitually which another may never, ever use (eg. for me, Vimeo output is neither use nor ornament but that doesn't make it's inclusion wrong globally). The danger is, I feel, that by trying to accommodate all requirements we could end up with a bloated (aka slow, unreliable, clunky, unusable) programme which would please nobody. Anyone who was looked at Pro Show Gold, let alone Producer, in terms of bloat will know instantly what I mean. There are other areas than the one under discussion which I feel are far more important. Others may differ. At present, we can all work with what is available so why make us all learn again? It may be possible to programme a configurable desktop (as in Photoshop) so each could tailor the interface to their own requirements - but would it improve the quality of output one little bit? It would certainly provide more coding work but to negligible end-user advantage.

(Long time watcher, very rare contributor)