WnSoft Forums

Action on mouse click

Picsel

... I have also experienced in some cases same problem "404 error" as described by Xaver in his previous post but I cant say if it is a server problem or not...

I do not know where the transformation to lower case letters takes place (PTE or Windows). On Unix/Linux systems file names are treated case sensitive. Therefore a Web server (sitting on top of such an OS) is predestined to run into trouble if requests do not respect this convention.

Regards,

Xaver

A few interesting notes to pass on :

When trying to run the weblinks :

*Daniel's - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wXe6dDuGwA in Pte v5.61 using Open Web Page I dont connect to the Video Play page. When using Pte v4.49 everything works perfect and correct

*Xaver's - http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/help/5.6/PicturesToExe_User_Guide_v560.pdf in Pte v5.61 using Open Web Page I dont connect to the pdf file at all. When using Pte v4.49 everything works perfect and correct.

*When I use the windows Run Command on the 2 above links they also work perfect and correct.

*When I use a bat file to run the 2 above links they also work perfect and correct. ( use Start with space and the link)

*Also other tool programs I have seem to have no problem running the links correctly.

Final Note:

It appears to me something has changed in the execution of the links along the way in development to Pte v5.61. I have not tested earlier v 5 builds.

...Final Note:

It appears to me something has changed in the execution of the links along the way in development to Pte v5.61. I have not tested earlier v 5 builds.

I got the impression that there is a bug in PTE being responsible for modifications of URLs when calling the standard browser on mouse click: Capital letters are replaced by small ones.

Regards,

Xaver

• 2 weeks later...