WnSoft Forums

Video Inserts

Laszlo K

I have seen a slideshow by Jean-Pierre with a video footage in a small window. The slideshow had multiple windows ( 3 to be exact )

a main and two smaller ones.

One was running a video of 3 small girls.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jztyndtu4uj

I would like to know if PTE has been tweeked to be able to do that or that is another program.

And how can we do it?

I work with the members of my Camera Club and I got this piece to see because it can put a major strain on the systhem it is played on.

As the result, my group asked a whole lot of questions but I have no answers.

Can someone shed some light on this for us?

Thanks a lot

Laszlo

Lazlo,

I thought that your question has already been answered. Presently, PTE does not support video objects. An outline of a possible workaround can be seen here. In order to learn more on the specific example, you may send a PM to Jean-Pierre (JPD).

Regards,

Xaver

Lazlo,

I thought that your question has already been answered. Presently, PTE does not support video objects. An outline of a possible workaround can be seen here. In order to learn more on the specific example, you may send a PM to Jean-Pierre (JPD).

Regards,

Xaver

Yes Xavier!

I just managed to find the articles on the subject.

I have just started with the forum and takes a bit of time to find things.

Thanks again

Laszlo

• 4 weeks later...
I have seen a slideshow by Jean-Pierre with a video footage in a small window. The slideshow had multiple windows ( 3 to be exact )

a main and two smaller ones.

One was running a video of 3 small girls.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jztyndtu4uj

====================

Greetings,

I have downloaded and tried to play JPD's PTE show mentioned above. However, I am having trouble just getting it to play. Sometimes, I just get a black screen after it starts. If I get it to start to play, it gets through the rain sequence and then the panoramic sequence. When it gets to the next sequence with he tree with red flowers as an insert to a larger image; the music continues to play, but the slideshow stops.

I am assuming that my PC can not handle this show, for some reason. It is a large file but I have never had problems playing any other PTE show. I am running WinXP with 2GB of RAM. What might my PC be lacking in trying to view this slideshow? I was particularly interested to see what everyone was talking about in reference to the 'video' he included.

Any ideas???

Thanks, Gary

Gary,

Your "bottleneck" could be your graphics card. What make and spec? (especially - how much dedicated memory?)

regards,

Peter

==================

Peter,

It does appear to be that but I think I have an good card (old, but good). Here are my specs:

NVidia GeForce FX 5600, 256mb memory.

Gary

==================

Peter,

It does appear to be that but I think I have an good card (old, but good). Here are my specs:

NVidia GeForce FX 5600, 256mb memory.

Gary

Garry!

Try to download it from a different address and it might work, but Peter is right about the graphics card. JPD's show is pretty resource demanding.

Laszlo

Garry!

Try to download it from a different address and it might work, but Peter is right about the graphics card. JPD's show is pretty resource demanding.

Laszlo

==============

I had originally downloaded the file from MediaFire, where I first had the problem running the slideshow. I just downloaded it from Beechbrook and I got the same results. The images freeze a couple minutes into the show, while the music continues to play. I was able to get into the Windows Task Manager while I was having this problem and it ranged from 60+% to 90+%. This really concerns me because I thought I had system that should handle a demanding PTE slideshow. Not sure exactly what the problem is.

I would guess that when I am looking for a PC in the future, I will have to use this show as my 'test' to see if the PC is 'good enough'. I am disappointed that I am having this problem with my current system.

Gary

==============

I had originally downloaded the file from MediaFire, where I first had the problem running the slideshow. I just downloaded it from Beechbrook and I got the same results. The images freeze a couple minutes into the show, while the music continues to play. I was able to get into the Windows Task Manager while I was having this problem and it ranged from 60+% to 90+%. This really concerns me because I thought I had system that should handle a demanding PTE slideshow. Not sure exactly what the problem is.

I would guess that when I am looking for a PC in the future, I will have to use this show as my 'test' to see if the PC is 'good enough'. I am disappointed that I am having this problem with my current system.

Gary

We are actually testing all kinds of equipment with this show.

There is a small program that shuts off all Windows programs running in the background called END IT ALL and it is independent from Windows.

I use this program instead Ctr-Alt-Del because it is a lot faster and more efficient ( but you will have to reboot your computer if you want to run it in a normal way ).

You have to shot down your virus scan and might even pull the cable to avoid Ping from the Internet.

See if it gets going. It is worth the effort.

For computers? Ask gamers they are for quick efficient power and know video and graphocs cards that do the job.

Laszlo