WnSoft Forums

Difficulties to manage very large files

Tonton Bruno

Hello.

I plan to use pan and zoom into large images to show details.

In this example, I took a view of a building with a 16mm, then I expanded the file at 400% and included in it details taken with a zoom 70-200mm.

post-9190-0-05233800-1388765181_thumb.jp

With PTE, I plan to create 6 views:

View 1) the total landscape, size 10%

View 2) Zoom 100% and pan to spot 1

View 3) Pan to spot 2

View 4) Zoom 50% and pan to spot 3

View 5) Pan to spot 4

View 6) zoom back to 10% to show again the full landscape.

I was blocked after view 3 with a blanc screen in object and animation window.

PTE didn't tried to use more memory.

I am under Windows 7 with 16 Gbytes of memory and only 4 Gb were used, and only 1,57 Gb by PTE.

The strange thing is that I am able to generate an exe file an the project runs fine, even on a slow machine, using few resources.

Did I rich a limit of PTE ?

My original file is 24 MBytes and you can download the project here.

As the exe file is able to run using very few resources, maybe there is a way to tune 'object and animation' code in order to manage this kind of large file ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Bruno

Bruno,

The animation to do what you describe is missing. I presumed that you were not able to do it?

I added the animation and was able to do what you described.

I have less RAM than you but I have a Graphics Card with 3Gb Memory.

Could that be the problem?

DG

Hi Tonton,

I suspect David is correct. I think you have run into a GPU (video card) issue. What you are trying to do is really quite easy to do on my systems. Could you tell us which video card you are using and the amount of video RAM?

Best regards,

Lin

Bruno,

The animation to do what you describe is missing. I presumed that you were not able to do it?

Yes !

I added the animation and was able to do what you described.

I have less RAM than you but I have a Graphics Card with 3Gb Memory.

Could that be the problem?

Maybe !

I have no graphic card, but the chipset of my motherboard is a INTEL 4000, able to use more than 2 GB of memory.

The performances of my PC look good, according to Windows measurements.

Do you think that it is not sufficient for PTE developments ?

post-9190-0-47441600-1388771234_thumb.jp

Hi Tonton,

The large pano is simply too much of a load on your system resources. I resampled the original pano to 8000 pixels on the long side and everything runs smoothly on my 32 Gigabyte RAM 3 Gigabyte Video RAM system. Without resampling, the motion is "very" jerky even on this optimized system. The bottom line is that it isn't a PTE issue, but rather a resource issue. The original pano is just too much to handle with available resources. I noticed no degradation of image quality after resampling to 8000 pixels on the long side and resharpening. Even at your maximum zoom, you are not nearly at 1:1 on the original, so having the pano at the original size is superfluous in terms of image quality.

My suggestion would be to resample your original down to about 8000 pixels on the long side, sharpen it and try again. i think you will be successful. Your integrated graphics may not be able to pan the large panorama smoothly, but this will not affect how others see the completed show assuming that their systems are up to the task.

Best regards,

Lin

Only recently, I had a similar problem, when I tried to load about 20 images of size 10 MP into the O&A editor. All images were zoomed to small sizes, and they ran well in the Preview, while the O&A editor was not in the position to show all images at the same time. I learned from one of the developers that the O&A editor does not use the same optimization as the player in the Preview or Exe presentation.

Bruno's show runs a bit jerky on my system, and the slides containing the large image do not work in the O&A editor (Win 8.1, i7, 16GB RAM, Nvidia 660GTX 1.5 GB).

Regards,

jt

The large pano is simply too much of a load on your system resources. I resampled the original pano to 8000 pixels on the long side and everything runs smoothly on my 32 Gigabyte RAM 3 Gigabyte Video RAM system. Without resampling, the motion is "very" jerky even on this optimized system.

Hi Lin.

Thank you for your help.

I am able to manage this issue using a different way.

I have a copy of the general image reduced at the screen size: 1440*1080 pixels.

I prepare all the animations with this image, sometimes magnified to 900% under PTE. after that,I attach to this image the different crops reduced at the right size, and everything is running smoothly.

This is not my concern.

I was able to make all the pan and zoom actions on the large image on only one slide, at full size, and the exe file is running correctly on my PC.

Here are the maximum values logged in GPU-Z during the slide show. This is quite acceptable.

post-9190-0-81191200-1388825869_thumb.jp

If you compare to what I obtain with a PTE project with small files but heavy animations, you see that my cheapset was realy not overloaded with my large file.

post-9190-0-72844100-1388825891_thumb.jp

Results with a project countaining small files with heavy animations.

So far so good! I saved my new project, with only One slide and a dozzen of key frames, and closed PTE.

When I opened it again, this is what I obtained.

post-9190-0-41581000-1388825914_thumb.jp

In my opinion, there is a memory management issue.

Finally I came back to the old solution I'm using since PTE v6.

I use a main 5 images, all sized at 1440*1080.

Image 1 is the main image, and I insert in it the spot 1 image with a black frame, and then zoom on it.

I do the same thing for the 3 others spots.

Here is the result, weighing less than 3 MB instead of 22 MB.

Final result