Bug-reports on version 5.6 Beta

Igor

Bug-reports on version 5.6 Beta

Archived topic:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8903

Umberto,

Regarding your post:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=57810

We'll check up. Apparently it happens because of slow video card. on fast enough video card it should works fine. Several users even wrote us that new version work more smooth now.

Igor,

Sorry if i bother you with this topic but i made more deep tests (now with 5.6b3).

Two cases:

1. With Aero active: less performance but no "jump after fade" effect.

2. With Aero deactivated: good performance but a noticeable "jump after fade" effect.

Instead, with 5.5 there was good performance and no "jump after fade" both with Areo activated and

deactivated.

Please have a look at the timing algorithm. I wish to be able to use newer PTE versions without the need of purchase another laptop (I just purchased this one, sigh!)

Thanks. Umberto

Umberto,

Regarding your post:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=57810

We'll check up. Apparently it happens because of slow video card. on fast enough video card it should works fine. Several users even wrote us that new version work more smooth now.

Xaver,

My notebook is a Sony Vaio SR-11/M with Intel onboard graphics chip.

I was completely satisfied with this laptop and PTE... but now something

seems broken in the new PTE version and I fear my (new) laptop

is already not enough to run it.

But since in 5.5 there was no problem, I still hope something can be done

to make new PTE work well also on my machine class.

Anyway, I choosed PTE because it worked wonderfully on my machine,

and now I'm a little sad with this situation.

Umberto.

Umberto,

I had this effect with versions 5.2 and 5.5, but only on systems with onboard graphics. How does your notebook look like?

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

...My notebook is a Sony Vaio SR-11/M with Intel onboard graphics chip...

Umberto,

I'm sorry to say that onboard graphics typically is not recommend for slide show programs performing hardware rendering like PTE, m.objects, or Wings Platinum.

Best regards,

Xaver

Munich

Hi Igor,

I'm not sure if this is a bug?

The attached JPEG shows the top left corner of a 1920x1080 show on a 1920x1200 monitor.

On every transition the top line of the "previous" image seems to linger for a second or two over the "new" image.

The blue line that you see is the sky from the "previous" slide and lasts just a second or two.

It shows up more when a dark image replaces a light image.

DaveG

post-2488-1225113430_thumb.jpg

Dave,

Please let me know some more details:

1) Does it happens with all transition effects or particular?

2) And as I understood the problem when you watch Preview or created EXE file. Right?

3) Could you reproduce with problem with 2 or 3 slide test project and send created EXE file.

Igor,

Further information: I have created a 16:10 Full-screen project and changed the background colour to RED.

When I add a 1920x1200 plain black image to the project in Fit to Slide mode I can still see a very thin red line around the image in O&A.

DaveG

Very small bug in error dialogs ...

If you attempt to publish your slideshow on either YouTube or Vimeo and you do not enter a password but then attempt to click the "Next" button, an error dialog appears. Presumably the error dialog is telling you that you first need to log in to the service. Unfortunately, the error dialog is mostly in Russian. Picture below:

post-128-1225483129_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I have a runtime error when I burn a DVD with the version 5.5 of PictutesToExe/Video Builder. It is not necessary to burn the DVD : if I create the DVD directory, there is also the runtime error.

The support tell me that this problem will be resolved vith the release 5.6 of PicturesToExe (and a new version of Video Builder) : "All modifications of Video Builder engine will be included in the next release. PicturesToExe 5.6 will be laid out soon".

I try the version 5.6 : I have a runtime error (Please, take a look at the attached file).

I transmit VideoBuilder_DVD.XML and VideoBuilder_DVDLOG.txt to support.

Thank you for your help.

Quartz

runtimerror_PTE_V5.6.doc

Not sure if this is a bug, a limitation in the program or just ignorance on my part of the correct way to do something.

I have created a small show with 11 slides. The slides are 1044 x 703. Each image is surrounded by a 20 px white border (looks like a snapshot). (The borders are created and saved as part of the image, not as object rectangles in PTE. And there is in fact no object animation on any of these slides -- just than the transitions selected from "Screen" in project options. I am using all 4 of the "Flip 3D" transitions with the "Rotation axis in middle of slide" UNchecked. Previews and show look fine in PTE and as .EXE file. They are also OK when created as DVD. Problem comes when I choose "Create HD Video for PC and Mac". Because the horizontal borders at the top and bottom were being chopped off, I selected "Custom" and unchecked Pan & Scan as indicated by Igor in an earlier posting today. Width is set at 1280 x 720 and mode 1-pass, quality at 100 (although I have tried a number of variations of these settings with no resolution of the issue at hand). There is currently no audio.

Anyway, the problem is that when I view the created mp4 file in quicktime, each time the images flip, the white border is sort of "broken" into pieces (maybe pixellated would be a better explanation) until the animation is completed and the picture shows "flat". I also just created the same animation with 4 slides WITHOUT borders and the same pixellation of the edges is visible (not as obvious as with the solid white borders, of course). Is this a bug, should we not use the new 3d transitions when creating mp4 files, or should I be using different settings to create the mp4 file?

MARY

are you using the recommended player when playing back?

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=58039

ken

Thanks Ken! I had forgotten Igor's recommendation. The video looks just fine using the MPC Homecinema player. So the moral of the story is don't use the Quicktime player even though it will in fact play the video -- unless you want crummy results.

Thought I let you know - 5.6 beta 4

When creating a HD Video and I decide to abort or cancel file process and then completely close PTE program ... my Task Manager still shows processes 'Burn.exe, Video Builder.exe, and Apr.exe' still running - with 50+-% CPU Usage.

Added Note : Opppps ... I just realized were on beta 6 now ...sorry if issue has been addressed :blink:

(getting beta 6 now)

Problem with keyframes close to transition points.

Although I found this on v5.6beta6 it has been present ever since v5.04 (I have no version 5 code earlier than that to test it on). I have an image on which I want to fade out two separate text objects (Text1 and Text2; children of the image) just before the transition to the next slide. The parent image duration is 4 seconds.

I set the effect that I wanted for Text1 object; with the text visible (100% opacity) upto 3950ms and then a final keyframe at 4000ms with opacity zero. All OK.

I then tried to clone the last two keyframes across to the other child. By clone I mean that I did the following, with the Animation tab uppermost:

- selected the 4000ms keyframe on Text1

- selected Text2 and did "Create keyframe here" - All OK

- selected Text1

- moved back (left arrow button) to the 3950ms keyframe

- selected Text2 and did "Create keyframe here" - All not OK

The new keyframe was added at 4000ms instead of 3950ms. This resulted in me getting the red highlight to warn me that I had overlapping keyframes.

Whenever I have used this technique to clone a keyframe I have always had the keyframe time carried across correctly. It seems as though PTE is trying to "second guess" me as to where I want this keyframe when it is this close to the transition point.

When the last click of the mouse is near the timeline and near the transition point, I want PTE to set the keyframe at the transition point. That's a good "second guess". When the last mouse click is on an object name, I'm cloning and I want the existing precise keyframe time value copying in. To do anything else is a bad "second guess".

regards,

Peter

There is another bad effect with the strange magnetic behaviour described by Peter. If your object is animated, the automatically shifted new keypoint inherits the animation parameters of the position where it has originally been placed. Then the shift causes a modification of the object's animation.

Let me repeat one of my earlier suggestions, to provide an input field for manual positioning of the cursor in order to place keypoints without the need of subsequent repositioning (which has side effects on animations).

Best regards

Xaver

Munich

Xaver,

...If your object is animated, the automatically shifted new keypoint inherits the animation parameters of the position where it has originally been placed...

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that, using my example from above, the cloned 3950ms keyframe when auto-positioned at 4000ms by PTE would have picked up the zoom/pan values for 4000ms. Then when I move it back to 3950ms I do not have the correct state of zoom/pan at that timepoint. Is this what happens?

In my case the text objects were static, only opacity was changing. So I never found this problem

regards,

Peter

... So I never found this problem...

Peter,

Sorry, I forgot to say that my observation does not refer to keypoint cloning (which copies the parameters of the cloned point), it only refers to creating a new keypoint at the actual position of the cursor. In this way you can create several keypoints at the same position (transition point), all having (slightly) different PZR parameters.

Best regards,

Xaver

Peter,

I think you got the point.

I also noticed that when cloning keyframes there is an automatic interpolation of pan/rotate/zoom values.

Clearly Igor did that trying to simplify the creation of keyframes, but i always found myself

changing the interpolated values because they were never what I wanted to be.

Maybe someone find this feature useful. Personally I don't.

Maybe a configuration flag somewhere that lets the user choose if he wants interpolation or just

a simple copy of the parameters can be useful.

Regards. Umberto

Xaver,

If I understand you correctly, you are saying that, using my example from above, the cloned 3950ms keyframe when auto-positioned at 4000ms by PTE would have picked up the zoom/pan values for 4000ms. Then when I move it back to 3950ms I do not have the correct state of zoom/pan at that timepoint. Is this what happens?

In my case the text objects were static, only opacity was changing. So I never found this problem

regards,

Peter