-
Posts
2,323 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
6
Everything posted by thedom
-
Mike, the PTE file of this dmeo is not available. But I can post it on my site if you wish.
-
Mario, for the child object, add 2 keypoints for the child object to compensate the zooming of the parent : - one at 60 second : unchanged compared to the first keypoint - one at 90 seconds : change the zooming Hope it helps.
-
I don't know what's wrong but the links to web pages in the menu of my demo do not work. Is it a bug or does this feature (open web page) work an other way as it did before ?
-
A new template is available. Don't trust the thumbnail, I think it's quite impressive when you see it in action. Make your own judgement and download the demo here. And if you like the effect, download the template here. Have fun !
-
Thank you for your compliments guys. Actually, most of them are for my friend because the idea is his. I just made the animation smoother and added some effects with nicer graphics (thank you again to panos for his watch photoshop action). My friend Caspal didn't see it yet because he is in vaccation and will be back in two weeks.
-
Really happy to see you back ! ...and I hope rested and in a very good health. Please, do not wait so long to take vaccation next time.
-
As some of you know, I'm an eclipse hunter. Everything started in 1999 : one of my friend went in Normandy and saw for the first time an eclipse. He was so amazed that he decided he wanted to see an other one. He organized a trip in South Africa in 2002 and asked his friends to come with him. He asked me and I saw my first eclipse there. And I want to see some more too! The last eclipse we saw was in Lybia in March 2006. The next one will be in Japan in July 2009. My friend is organizing the trip and he made a first version of the trailer of this journey. I was very enthusiast when I saw his PTE project. He started with one of my old project you can download it here (clock demo). I decided with his approval to try to improve his wonderful idea. So here are the both project : - Caspal-Japan2009.exe : his original trailer - CaspalTheDom-Japan2009 : my work It's only a 2 minutes show but I hope you will like it... [ click on the image above to directly access the download page ] Note that the watch is the result of Panos photoshop action : Panosfx watch. Please go visit panosfx website for other amazing resources for photoshop : http://panosfx.com.
-
Fred, Thank you for you comments. Actually, the magnifying glass is the combination of four masks : - the magnifying glass itself (with a 20% opacity black layer around it). - the magnifying glass shadow - the reflect on the glass (note that the reflect doesn't rotate when the magnifying glass does) - the second reflect on the glass (visible when the magnifying glass is above the picture but almost transparent when it comes closer) Those 4 objects have the same father object (PTE frame) to manage the pan but they have their own keypoints too. As far as I know, it's impossible to zoom (magnify) the image below right now but it will be without any problem with version 5.1 and its "Masks for objects" feature (see http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6679 and http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....st&p=43900). Next version of this demo in 6 months.
-
Wooowww, very interesting features !!! I would like to be already in January 2008.
-
Thanks. It's alaways a pleasure and reassuring to read that you work is appreciated.
-
I'm a little bit worried too. In his profile : Last Seen: 1st August 2007 - 02:06 PM Could anyone of his crew give us some news ?
-
Here is a new demo with a magnifying glass effect. [click on the image to directly access the download page ] UPDATE : v2 available with a real magnifying glass effect (thanks to v5.6) . [click on the image to directly access the download page ]
-
Glad you liked it. For those of you who didn't watch it yet, do not forget to increase the volume (not too lound though).
-
Neil, see http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7180 Lin, I understand your explanation. The shadows in PTE are so powerful that it would take pages to explain all the possibilities! Great news about the PTE user guide. When do you plan to release it ? PS: I use Photoshop CS2.
-
Especially for Neil who ask for it (see his request here), here is a PTE project with the famous sparkle smile. [click on the image to directly access the download page] The first slide is very simple (2 objects) and it will help you if you don't know how to achieve the effect. The other slides are just something I made for fun ! I hope it will make you smile. The archive includes : - the demo (exe file) - the PTE project with all the objects (including the "sparkle").
-
Lin, I quickly red your tutorial which is as usual very well written and extremely explained. May be there is something I didn't get but why don't you recommend to use the same method to erase the background as you explain to erase the hands ? The 1-click method "turn of the visibility layer" (for "Canvas" layer) is much much quicker and cleaner. I noticed in your PTE project that your hands are a little bit" dirty" as if they were "cut" by hand. You can use the same method, ie hide all the layers except the hands (take care of second, minute and hour hands one after each other). And I recommend you to turn off "drop shadow" style for the hands before triming and saving them as .png file. PicturesToExe is able to manage it directly in the software in a very realistic way (dynamic shadow which changes depending on the rotation of the object!). Just some advices which do not change anything to the quality of your template.
-
Neil, I will upload a basic PTE project of this effect for you tonight.
-
Hi Ron, Thank you for your feedback. I don't plan to release a template, Lin already made one which can be used really easily. But If you want, I can upload my PTE project which include all the masks used in my demo (black and white Watch, Hands, Sparkles, ...). Anyway, for those of you who have Photoshop, I recommend you to download and use Panos action to personnalize your watch.
-
Funny that we had the same idea to use Panosfx watch without speaking to each other Lin and I. Panosfx actions are such a source of inspiration ! I released and improved version of this demo (v1.1) : - Black and white hands (instead of blue) - Brand added (Cartier Paris ) - Intermediate zoom on the watch added - Sparkles on seconds hand added - Fire sound SFX added
-
LOL, avalaible on my site since yesterday : the "wedding watch" demo. . You can download it here.
-
There are four new templates avalaible in the Library of effects section : Click on the images to directly access the download page. (Demo ont he left, template on the right) - Merry Go Round : - Swivel : - Descent : For those of you who already downloaded the "Merry Go Round" and "Swivel" demos, I improved them (shadows and smoother) and this the newer version which is now avalaible.
-
Hi All, I'm back from vaccation for two days. I posted on my site two new demos : http://www.thedom.fr/share Click on the images to directly access the download pages. Swivel : The template should be avalaible in the week, unless you have suggestions and improvements... The template for the merry go round should be avalaible soon too. [ You can click on each picture above to directly access the corresponding download page. By the way, I have so many fake requests for registration on my site that I don't know which one to activate (I want to prevent spam). If you registered recently but did not receive the confirmation, please send me an email with you user account (or your email address) and ask for registration. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your comprehension.
-
Hi all, Actually I just moved in my new house and I had no internet access for 10 days except from work. That's why and couldn't delete spam. I increased the security level : I now approve registrations and only registered users can post in the forum and in the download center. I activated the Word Censoring (viagra, poker, casino, pharmacy, etc ...) and will add more words if I detect new spams. I think everything should be ok now. I have a lot of work in my house. That's why I'm afraid I will have to decrease my Internet activity but I will try to post sometimes. A bientôt.
-
As requested, I uploaded the "Autumn" animated background. http://www.thedom.fr/share/dload.php?actio...amp;file_id=221 For all the animated backgrounds to come, I created a new section in the Download center : Animated Backgrounds. Do not hesitate to ask for new styles as Mike did here.
-
Mike, As you were interested by the demo of my autumn animated background, I released a template for a wedding style animated background :