Jump to content
WnSoft Forums

thedom

Advanced Members
  • Posts

    2,323
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Everything posted by thedom

  1. Ron, The problem is that you applied a zoom of 67% only to the second picture of the slides. You have to apply this zoom to the first two ".-=|[ YOUR PICnn ]|=-." objects of each slide. For example, for slide #4 : decrease the zoom to 67% for objects ".-=|[ YOUR PIC01 ]|=-." and ".-=|[ YOUR PIC02 ]|=-." I made the modifications for you (only 10 slides) in the pte project (see file attached) and there is no more "jump". I made two other things just to try: - I quickly designed a new "page" style (page.jpg) to fit with your frame - I changed the cover (the one called "Old" in my Photo Album archive, in the 'alternative covers" folder). I think this one gets better with your pictures than the default one. It's only my opinion, but I think you could make a much better job with your front cover (pink text). Just suggestions, I hope you don't mind. Be carefull, I resized the size of your pictures (1024x768 => 800x600) to decrease the weight of the file. Just continue the work with your own project and your own pictures. Goo luck. PTE_Project_ForDom_Mar14_2007_23_25_54.zip
  2. I noticed the spamming is growing exponentially for a few days. There isn't anything to do against it, like ban IP ?
  3. Ron, I received your PTE project but you only send me the .pte file. You have to use the Create Backup in ZIP feature to include all the objects. In PTE, click on "File" then ""Create Backup in ZIP". Thanks.
  4. Ron, Here is what you have to do : 1 - open the template 2 - in the main window, in the slide list, select slide #3 3 - open the "Objects and Animation" window 4 - select first ".-=|[ YOUR PIC01 ]|=-." object in the objects list 5 - in the timeline, select the keypoint 6 - in the "animation" tab, in the "zoom" fields, you have to set those zoom fields (x and y) to 67% (instead of 81,512%). For each slide (#4 to #32), for the first two ".-=|[ YOUR PICnn ]|=-." objects, make steps 4 to 6. If you do not succeed, you can send me your project because I'm afraid I can't be more precise.
  5. Hi Ron, I assume you use Barry's frame (I posted a .png file as a file atatched seven posts above) and that you followed my instructions : Your pictures have to be in 4/3 ratio (640 x 480 or 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 etc...). Fred suggested 645x484 but it's almost the same ratio (1,3326) and I don't think you will notice any difference. As Mike said, I recommend 1024 x 768 for template #3. If you use the frames I released in the "photoalbum" package, you don't have to do anything. But if you use Barry's frame, may be your forgot to do the following: "because your frame is pretty thick, you have to decrease the zoom of each .-=|[ YOUR PICnn ]|=-. object to 67% too". (see http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....st&p=38575) If you still have a problem, you can send me your pte project, I'm gonna have a look at it.
  6. Silvia, I don't know either what fonts Lin used. But if you want to try medieval fonts, go have a look on dafont.com. Here is a bunch of fonts which might interest you : http://www.dafont.com/fr/theme.php?cat=401&page=1
  7. Ron, Actually I made a screen capture of your demo, I extracted your frame and added a light shadow (see file attached). Just follow the instructions I gave you above and because your frame is pretty thick, you have to decrease the zoom of each .-=|[ YOUR PICnn ]|=-. object to 67% too. frame_landscape.zip
  8. Hi Ron, I received your demo (exe file), thank you. I really like your frame! Could you please send me just the frame you made as a .png file (without any picture in it), I will adjust it to make your life easier. Then you will only have to do the following : - replace frame_landscape with this new frame in the folder where you unzipped the archive - replace pic00.jpg, pic01.jpg, pic02.jpg..., pic30.jpg with your own pictures (with the same names) Those pictures have to be in 4/3 aspect ratio - start PTE, open the template - create slideshow and that's it!
  9. Lin, It's really nice and you improved it a lot. You definitely have a lot of creative ideas. May be I'm wrong but I think you could decrease the size of the text for old video cards : instead of 2491 x 4944 for you text, you could have something like 600 width without beeing noticeable but you would gain a lot for the file size (3.343 kb => 550 Kb). On the opposite, I noticed a little lack of definition for the scroll : in Photoshop, you could "toggle dialog on" in panos action (first item) to choose the size of the scroll and increase it a little bit : instead of 500 x 650, you could choose 750 x 975. Keep up the good work!
  10. Lin, An other excellent idea! I agree with John that the scroll could have dropped downwards. And may be, if it's feasible (I think you used a PTE transition for the roll opening) that - instead of the text going upwards - the text is still and that's the rolls which goes downwards. Just a suggestion. Anyway, congratulations to panos and you.
  11. A third template is now avalaible (one big picture on just 1 page) : 3 - TheDom-PhotoAlbum-Template-1pic_LeavesEffect.pte Please, let me know if it what you were waiting for... For those of you who already downloaded my template v1.1, I changed template #1 and #2 : pictures are now displayed a little big bigger (+11%).
  12. I'm personnaly more for a visual explanation than for a written explanation. What do you think ? Will this tutorial be useful considering all the answers I already gave ? I will try to do the new template (one big picture on just 1 page) as soon as possible. Maximum in one week. I think this new template will display by default 30 pictures. What do you think ?
  13. Thank you Silvia for sharing your work : http://thefreedom.free.fr/share/dload.php?...amp;file_id=184
  14. Ron, Ray, Thank you very much for your compliment. I will include a text object in the next version, when PTE 9 will be released. For the moment, you can make your text in a photo editor as a png file and in PTE, put it as a sub-object of "front cover" object in slides #2, #3, #19 and #20. Delete objects .-=|[ YOUR PICnn ]|=-. on each slides. Those objects are at the bottom in objects list. Increase the zoom of "PIC LEFT" and "PIC RIGHT" objects in each slide. Pan & zoom "WHOLE PHOTO ALBUM" object in each slide. I think it's a good idea for those who are not confortable to do it by themselves. That's why I will release an alternative template in the next version. See this post : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index....ost&p=38382
  15. Bert, Glad you could make it work with Ray's help. Mike, Of course, there is no problem if you create your own alternative covers. Silvia already did some very nice covers and pages and I'm glad people think my template is enough good to use it and design their own covers. What I recommend to make the cover is the following (I assume you have Photoshop but the method will apply in an other picture editor) 1 - create a 872 x 600 file (you can start with a picture or design your own texture, logo, etc...) then cut this image in several pieces : 2 - For the left side of the cover : - choose the rectangular Marquee Tool with style = fixed size, width = 62, height = 600 - select the left side of the image and cut it - create a new file (62 x 600) and paste the selection - apply "bevel and emboss" in the layers panel - save this file as "cover_leftside.jpg" 3 - For the cover itself: - come back to your original picture and choose "image" then "trim" to get rid of the transparent pixels (left side of the cover) - choose the rectangular Marquee Tool with style = fixed size, width = 800, height = 600 - select the left side of the image and cut it - create a new file (800 x 600) and paste the selection - apply "bevel and emboss" in the layers panel - save this file as "cover.jpg" 4 - For the width of the cover : - come back to your original picture and choose "image" then "trim" to get rid of the transparent pixels (the cover). you will finish with a 10 x 600 resolution image. - apply "bevel and emboss" in the layers panel - save this file as "cover_width.jpg" What do you mean with "what happens to the image in pic00.jpg, do we just have a blank .png file?" ? The pic00.jpg is an independant object. It is just a simple picture displayed in PTE on the cover. If you don't want this picture to be displayed, in PTE, delete .-=|[ YOUR COVER PIC 00 ]|=-. object in slide #2, #3, #19 & #20. Hope I answered your questions.
  16. Gary, Sorry, I really don't know. But may be if you post your pte project, somebody will be able to help you to understand why it works this way and to fix it.
  17. Silvia, if you want to add more photos, I recommend you to start with "TheDom-PhotoAlbum-Template.pte", NOT "TheDom-PhotoAlbumEXTENDED-Template.pte" which will be more complex to adapt because of the leaves effect (increasing/decreasing). Copy slide #18 and paste it just behind as many times as you want to add photos (2 photos per slide). After, for each slide you pasted, in the "Objects and Animation" window, in the "properties" tab, replace the picture for those objects : .-=|[ YOUR PIC28 ]|=-. .-=|[ YOUR PIC29 ]|=-. .-=|[ YOUR PIC30 ]|=-. .-=|[ YOUR PIC31 ]|=-. .-=|[ YOUR PIC28 ]|=-. and .-=|[ YOUR PIC29 ]|=-. are the pictures of the previous slide (PREV PAGES), respectively left and right .-=|[ YOUR PIC30 ]|=-. and .-=|[ YOUR PIC31 ]|=-. are the pictures you want to show in this slide (NEXT PAGES), respectively left and right. By example, if you want to add 4 photos (pic32, pic33, pic34, pic35), you will paste the slide #18 two times. In slide #19, do the following : - for .-=|[ YOUR PIC28 ]|=-. object, replace the image pic28,jpg with pic30.jpg - for .-=|[ YOUR PIC29 ]|=-. objectS, replace the image pic29,jpg with pic31.jpg - for .-=|[ YOUR PIC30 ]|=-. object, replace the image pic30,jpg with pic32.jpg - for .-=|[ YOUR PIC31 ]|=-. objectS, replace the image pic31,jpg with pic33.jpg In slide #20, do the following : - for .-=|[ YOUR PIC28 ]|=-. object, replace the image pic28,jpg with pic32.jpg - for.-=|[ YOUR PIC29 ]|=-. objectS, replace the image pic29,jpg with pic33.jpg - for .-=|[ YOUR PIC30 ]|=-. object, replace the image pic30,jpg with pic34.jpg - for .-=|[ YOUR PIC31 ]|=-. objectS, replace the image pic31,jpg with pic35.jpg In slide #21, do the following : - for .-=|[ YOUR PIC30 ]|=-. object, replace the image pic30,jpg with pic34.jpg - for .-=|[ YOUR PIC31 ]|=-. objectS, replace the image pic31,jpg with pic35.jpg In slide #22, do the following : - for .-=|[ YOUR PIC31 ]|=-. object, replace the image pic31,jpg with pic35.jpg It might seem complex, but actually it's quite fast and simple once you understood the logic.
  18. Hi Bert, For my "photo album" template, I think you're correct with this : But instead of do the following : a - start PTE b - click on "file" > "open" and locate "TheDom-PhotoAlbumExtended-Template.pte" (in the folder where you unzipped the archive). Double click on it. c - click on "Preview" to verify the result d - if everything is fine, click on "file" > "create slideshow as" to create an exe file. That's it! If you want to use an other cover for your album : 1 - open the "alternate covers" folder (in the folder where you unzipped the archive) 2 - browse each sub-folder 3 - if you find a cover which suits your taste, copy the three files you will find in the subfolder you choosed and copy (replace) them in the folder where you unzipped the archive 4 - start PTE, open "TheDom-PhotoAlbumExtended-Template.pte" and click on "preview" 5 - if you're not happy with this new cover, repeat step 3 until you find the one you want use exactly the same method if you want to change the pages ("alternate pages" folder) or the frame around the picture ("alternate corners" folder). Hope it helps.
  19. The tutorial is now avalaible here : http://thefreedom.free.fr/share/dload.php?...amp;file_id=183
  20. Hi Silvia, Congratulations for your work, your pages and covers are great! But I think you can NOT upload a file more than 2 Mb on this site. And yours is about 4.8 Mb. But if you want, I can host your file on my site as a addon for the Photo Album (with full credit for you of course). Put all your images (in portrait and landscape format) in the folder where you unzipped the archive. Rename them pic01.jpg, pic02.jpg, etc... In PTE, select the first slide, open the O/A window, browse the slides one by one and if you have a portrait picture, replace the "border" object (by default frame_landscape.png) with "frame_portrait.png". You will find those files in the "alternate corners" folder. If you don't succeed, I will post a short video tutorial on this specific subject.
  21. Hi Kim, If you try to open with v4.48 a .pte file made with v5 or if you double click on a .pte file and have v5 installed, that's the message you get. If you want to open my template or any other project made with v5, you have to : - download PTE v5 beta #8u : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4327 - install it on your HD (you don't have to remove PTE v4.48 and do not need an other licence) - start PTE V5 first, and then within PTE click on "File" then "Open..." to open the .pte file. Could you please give me the url of this "Gallery site" ? Thanks.
  22. Hi Silvia, Sorry, I have a problem with the translation too (Babelfish : spanish to french) and I don't undesrtand what you mean...
  23. Thank you guys for your answer. I already had done something (see project attached, the images in my first post are screen captures of this project), but was not happy with the result. I made it intuitively and was wondering if there is a method to do calculations to make something "perfect". Hope I make myself clearer. Do not pay attention to the files I used, it's only a quick and dirty version I did to know if it was feasible. If I can make something I am happy with, I will make a fun and much more finalized template (will add a screen, spotlight, etc...) that can be used as an introduction to a slideshow by example. Thank you for your help. Project1_Mar6_2007_19_42_00.zip
  24. thedom

    Buttons

    Igor, I'm really amazed with your reactivity and how much you care about our requests. We're so lucky to have you. Thank you for spoiling us so much.
  25. Stephane, Sorry, I didn't imagine there might be a problem by giving the direct link to your slideshows page. I modified my previous posts and gave the same link as you did to your homepage.
×
×
  • Create New...