Jump to content
WnSoft Forums

xahu34

Advanced Members
  • Posts

    2,087
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by xahu34

  1. I would like to go a little bit further. Wouldn't it be nice to have (beside factory default values) user defined default values referring to other subjects, as well (aspect ratio, time interval, effect duration, effects, etc.). Example: I myself do not like the randomly chosen effects, and it is one of my first actions to change the effects to simple alpha-blending. I'd like to fix this as my default setting. Kind regards Xaver H. Munich
  2. Hello, you may prepare a zip-file (using WinZip) which you can split into parts smaller than 100MB. Kind regards Xaver H. Munich
  3. Hello, when I follow the link, I can see a mask for entering a unit price in dollars. It remains to be dollars even if I change the country to Germany. Chosen once, the unit price cannot be changed. If I want to do that I have to click on the Paypal button again. I chose credit card payment, and the language changed to German. I did not enter my credit card number so far. Best regards Xaver H. Munich
  4. Diese Frage habe ich auch schon gestellt. Die Antwort ist leider: Nein (The answer is: No) Grüße in den hohen Norden Xaver München
  5. Hello Henri, my idea would be that PTE should save a pte-file any x minutes (x maybe fixed or chosen by the user), without destruction of the history, of course. After a system crash the history would be gone, but at least a recent version of the show under development were still available (be be opened via the file menu). Best regards Xaver Munich
  6. Hello Ray, maybe, the following thread is of some interest for you, see here! Kind regards Xaver H. Munich
  7. It might be useful to have a recovery function in PTE, which means that the program should automatically store the actual state of the running project, any 5 or 10 minutes, in a separate directory. So, whenever your system or even PTE crashes, you can reopen PTE and go back to a rather new version, and only the work of a few minutes is lost. Kind regards Xaver H. Munich
  8. Hello Jean-Claude, It seems to me that the tool tries to open infinitely many windows. Best regards Xaver H. Munich
  9. Hello Jean-Claude, I'm sorry, but on my older office computer (Intel based, WinXP SP2) GUS.exe produces an access violation error and can only be terminated using the task manager. Best regards Xaver H. Munich
  10. Hello admin1, thank you for your reply. In the meantime I found a review of our club beamer on "ProjectorCentral.com" from 2005. Though being rather enthusiastic on this machine, the reviewer reports an occasional loss of frame synchronization in the buffer leading to a horizontal separation of the image. So I think we have to live with this problem and take care of it. Best regards Xaver H. Munich
  11. Hello Cor, a very impressive show. I am going to present it to the members of my photo club within the next time, as an excellent example of a PTE show. Best regards Xaver Munich
  12. Hello admin1, it is very nice to meet the top-level expert within this forum. Being a layman with respect to graphics processing I do not want to discuss with you requirements on rendering of animated and still images. Maybe that you can give me an explanation on a related subject. Do you know why long lasting pans, which run absolutely smooth on monitors with S-PVA panels, show synchronization problems (running rows from top to bottom) with the beamer "Canon Realis SX50, also called Xeed SX50". This happens with various graphics cards, and with PTE and m.objects in a similar way. The points in time, when these effects occur change from run to run. Best regards Xaver H. Munich
  13. Hello Peter, changing the resolution (in ppi) while leaving the pixel dimensions invariant can be done with Photoshop, but with IrfanView, as well. If you then restore the image (with new ppi-value) as PNG you even do not have any loss by an additional compression. Furthermore, I am pretty sure that there are tools available which can be used to change the meta data of images without opening them. So, I do not see how unusual resolution (ppi) values help to protect the images. Best regards Xaver Munich
  14. Pixels per inch (ppi) is a measure for printing and irrelevant for image presentations on screens or using beamers. See here or here! Kind regards Xaver H. Munich
  15. Hello John, as Lin explained: Rendering takes place during slide shows, in particular when the slides contain animation (zooms, pans etc.). In these cases the slide show program has to generate a new video in real time based on the given still image and the positions defined by the keypoints (now called keyframes). In my understanding, a slide show with simple transition effects and without animation does not have serious requirements on rendering. Best regards Xaver H. Munich
  16. Hello, As jimlarkey saids: "Many of the point-and-shoot cameras include the video-clip feature", and I think that many (typically younger?) users of these cameras will like video inclusion. The next feature to be asked for will be stylish show templates. Throw your images and videos into your slide show tool, press a button, and ready is the show. But are these users the typical customers of PTE? I do not believe it. Best regards Xaver H. Munich
  17. ... here I entertain some doubt. Ciao, Xaver!
  18. Yes please, go on! It is so fascinating! xahu34 Munich
  19. Hello Cor, As I already said: I myself do not need the German translation, why should I work on it? I think it is unlikely that those who need the German.ini will read this forum, as it is in English. So a demand from the user side will not show up here. If wnsoft were interested in this subject, I could make a walk through the windows/menus and make proposals for corrections/changes (in addition to those I already made). Best regards Xaver Munich
  20. Hello CorVdK, Just a remark on the existing German language file: It isn't bad in general, but several enhancements could be made. I already made some proposals, but I did not obtain any reaction. My impression is that proactive work does not make much sense in this case, as nobody seems to be interested in it. Kind regards Xaver Munich
  21. Hello cjdnzl, you should not underestimate newcomers. As far as I remember, I had less than 25 posts when I had correspondence with admin1 on file associations which led to another release candidate of version 5.1. Kind regards Xaver H. Munich
  22. Hello Ken, Maybe I did not catch your idea!? All I wanted to say in my post from Feb. 15 2008, 03:42 PM (see above) is that the German language file for PTE should be revised for reasons I already mentioned, and the actual problems do not have their origin in dialects. In addition to that, a translation of (part of) the Evans-User-Guide would be fine, but who should do it? Kind regards Xaver H. Munich
  23. Hello Henri, In principle I agree, but only in principle. If you try to introduce a product like PTE to a group where the majority’s English is bad or even not existing, you possibly will fail. On the other hand, the German speaking market isn’t that small. Of course, it is the decision of wnsoft, what is to do here. I could give some help, but (as I am still on work) I would not have the time to do a similar job as that of Lin and Jeff Evens. Nevertheless, beside a better German UI, a German user guide would be helpful, as well. Kind regards Xaver Munich
  24. bbdigital, A remark on the best AV software: I like PTE, and (regarding performance and the way of modelling shows) it really is the program that satisfies my needs. Presently I’m starting an AV initiative in our small photo club, which traditionally uses m.objects (a good program, quite common in Germany, but as I think with a bad cost/performance ratio). I try to sponsor PTE in our club, let’s see if I’ll be successful. By the way: I would like to present some of your shows as examples. Kind regards Xaver Munich
  25. Hi Lin, bbdigital I think everybody should use the tool she/he wants to use. Most of the members in our club who like to spend a long time with a single image use PS. Our chairman, a very good photographer, doesn’t like this work, and he is quite happy with Lightroom. My son, a student of computer science uses Gimp under Linux. All in all, it seems to be difficult to give a general recommendation. Kind regards Xaver Munich
×
×
  • Create New...