WnSoft Forums

Forgive me Xaver, by force I meant - "some kind of friendly configuration assistant" which would only allow you to continue if you ticked a box and made a decision about which option you want.

If you change your mind later................

DaveG

I don't think it matters how it is done, but something needs to be considered in my view. Generally speaking we on this forum have the best interests of PTE at heart and we strive for quality all round. What makes modern software difficult to learn is for every box we must tick, there are 20 other nice to have options that just confuse the hell out of us.

I don't have all the answers, but I just think it is a shame that a slide show is posted and the image quality is compromised because the author is not aware of one little tick box.

lets leave it to Igor, he is the programming expert and will decide what is best.

Barry,

I can improve "Fixed size of a slide" option in next beta releases - you turn on this improved option and all your added images will be display at their original size without resizing, like an old option "Don't resize main images" in versions 5.0-5.5.

I fully understand why you prefer this mode which helps reach better quality of a picture. But let me explain why we would not like to enabled this option by default for a new project. For example your images have size 1280x960. The current trend of manufacturers - producing of displays with higher and more higher number of pixels per inch. Time of life of a slideshow is long. How this slideshow will be shown on a future high resolution display in several years? Like a small postcard surrounded by massive black frame.

Because of this I think that an optimal mode for majority of users is a scalable size of images. I very want reduce number of various options! But how it possible? A professional user needs one option/mode, beginner another.