WnSoft Forums

Beta 5,7 (9)

Mike Reed

I am running beta 9 of 5.7. I have saved a sequence titled as ........ v8 but when I go to create an Exe file PTE tells me that it is saved as my version 5 this being the last time I created an EXE file of this piece of work. Why is it not creating the Exe file with the same title as the saved sequence i.e v8 and is it overwriting my previously saved version? In my saved work is the.......... v8 PTE file but not the EXE

To make matters worse. I thought it might just be a case of closing Pte and reopening it. But now I get the message Images not found.

I therefore found on my hard drive the previous version which for me was Beta 5 and wanted to reload that but which of the numerous files is the programme file? There does not seem to be an obvious one.

I have moved this post from Igors page to this general PTE page in the hope that others will see it.

Mike

PTE v5.7 beta9 : * Fixed issue with error message on a slide when "Show copyright logo" option turned on and no image choosed for logo

This is just an information for Igor and Team.

The issue have been fixed for new projects created with V5.7b9, but for old projects in which the "Show copyright logo" box have been checked by error without selecting a logo picture, the problem remains even after importation in v5.7b9.

Best regards

Daniel.

Daniel,

The issue have been fixed for new projects created with V5.7b9, but for old projects in which the "Show copyright logo" box have been checked by error without selecting a logo picture, the problem remains even after importation in v5.7b9.

I missed this thing. Will be fixed in Beta 10. Thanks!

Igor, I think I discovered a problem with v5.7 beta 9 (I don't know if it exists with previous betas).

Add an image object (image in 4/3 format).

Add a border this image (in Properties tab)

Click on the folder icon to replace the image with an other image in 3/2 format.

=> Result : the object image keeps the size and ratio of the first image (=4/3) instead of the new image (=3/2).

And the new image (=3/2) is cropped at the bottom and on the right (=displayed in a 4/3 format).

UPDATE : the problem exists for the opposite too : original image in 3/2 replaced with an image in 4/3 format.

Thanks, Mike.

I just fixed this bug in next Beta 10.

Now it will works as in previous v5.6 - after Save As for a project, the program will ask for a new EXE filename.

Sorry Igor

It does not seem to have been fixed in Beta 11. Please see my posting under Beat11 (my computer cannot spell Beta)

Mike

Mike,

Please describe step by step how you reproduce this issue in Beta 11.

For example how I checked up:

1. Open "Project1" slideshow.

2. Save As.

3. Give another name "Project2".

4. Create.

5. The program (since Beta 10) asks for a name for EXE file and suggests "Project2".

Mike,

Please describe step by step how you reproduce this issue in Beta 11.

For example how I checked up:

1. Open "Project1" slideshow.

2. Save As.

3. Give another name "Project2".

4. Create.

5. The program (since Beta 10) asks for a name for EXE file and suggests "Project2".

Hi Igor

I have a sequence which has numerous versions each one saved as V1 v2 v3 etc.

When I got to v7 I thought it was good enough so created an Exe file for PC using the Create facility in PTE.

I then carried on working on it as I was still not happy with the result and eventually got to v10.

When I tried to create an Exe file for PC of v10 PTE on the very bottom of the window below the time line button said that it had saved the Exe file but said that it was v7 not v10. In checking the folder where I keep all my shows there is a v7Exe file but no v10. In running the v7 file I see that it has updated to the v10 amendments that I had made and saved. This is not what I expected as it has overwritten a version that I might have wished to return to at a later date.

When I use the Create facility I am not offered the choice to give the Exe file a new name. Pte just goes straight into creating the Exe file without anymore input from me.

I have checked and I am running 5.7 beta 11

Mike

Mike,

Further to Igor's last post...

Can I suggest that you do "Help...About PicturesToExe" immediately after launching PTE and before starting your tests. This will confirm that you are actually using Beta 11.

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter

I did what you suggested and all I get is that I have version 5.7 no mention as to which beta version it is. However when I downloaded the programme I did not make any changes and just let PTE set itself up. The heading in the blue bar at the top of the screen does however say version 5.7 Beta 11.

I did just wonder whether it has anything to do with how I have PTE set up. Under the view button I have Horizontal, Show Tree is ticked,File Panel and Slide list are thumbnails and captions are ticked for both File panel and Slide list.

Regards

Mike

Mike,

After you first time called "Create executable" and choosed a name for EXE file, PicturesToExe 5.7 Beta 10 and v5.6 will remember this choosed EXE name. Even if you manually copy and rename .pte project file it will automatically rewrite old EXE file.

But if you make a branch of a project using Save As, the program will ask you for a new EXE name when you click "Create".

Mike,

After you first time called "Create executable" and choosed a name for EXE file, PicturesToExe 5.7 Beta 10 and v5.6 will remember this choosed EXE name. Even if you manually copy and rename .pte project file it will automatically rewrite old EXE file.

But if you make a branch of a project using Save As, the program will ask you for a new EXE name when you click "Create".

Thanks Igor

I was obviously using the save option for my pte files not save as which I shall do in future. I am however still slightly confused because in my pte folder for this sequence I have all the versions of this sequence saved as v 1, v2, v3 etc Could it be that the auto save ability of Pte is the function that overides the request for a name when the create button isused for an exe file to be created?

Mike