WnSoft Forums

Key points in animation

Hi All

This one might be for Igor. Is there any way to give individual colours to the key point blocks on the animation time line. For example say green for layer 1 (background) yellow for layer 2(parent slide) Blue for layer 3 etc.. I feel that this would make the relative position of a particular layer more visible when complicated movements between layers are involved.

Mike

Mike,

This feature was introduced briefly in one of the v5.6 betas - and then withdrawn in the very next beta. I don't know why.

If Igor was to consider re-introducing it I think the choice of colour and symbol should be set in the Object's Properties tab and there should also be an option there to show the keyframes for that object on the O&A timeline all the time (and not just when that object was selected in the Objects List).

regards,

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

I would first add colour ( maybe even a change of colour ) to the tiny white sqare button between the zoom adjusting windows in O&A. I keep on turning the little bugger on or off.

Laszlo

Peter,

I think that the possibility to see the Q&A timelines of several objects in parallel is more important than having colored points. Today, permanent switching between objects (in order to see the positions of the key points) can be awkward.

Regards,

Xaver

Hi,

I would go along with this. I remember raising it during some discussion when O&A was first introduced. I just don't know how those folks who produce all those elaborate sequences we see from time to time get their brains round it!!!

John