WnSoft Forums

Sound in PTE

saussol

Cor,

I have to disagree with you on editing the sound file within PTE. There is no facility to edit the image file in PTE (and I don't think anyone would really want this adding). I believe the same should apply to sound files (no editing within PTE, just manipulation of sound levels and placement).

We'll have to "agree to disagree" on this!

regards,

Peter

I would like to see audio tracks within PTE as shown in the attached picture. The starting positions of the clips and the forms of the envelopes should be programmable in PTE.

Regards,

Xaver

post-5382-125863658128_thumb.jpg

Hello Xaver,

I like your proposal. It's very visual. Maybe it's possible to put the timeline and the tracks on a slightly visible and fine grid. Then the tracks at the bottom could also easily be synchronized.

Greetings,

Cor

Cor,

I have to disagree with you on editing the sound file within PTE. There is no facility to edit the image file in PTE (and I don't think anyone would really want this adding). I believe the same should apply to sound files (no editing within PTE, just manipulation of sound levels and placement).

We'll have to "agree to disagree" on this!

regards,

Peter

No problem Peter.

Maybe I continue to use Audacity anyway, because I'm so used to it over time.

Greetings,

Cor

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am currently not a PTE customer, but I'd like to be

The only thing that made me select an alternate programme was the lack of an ability to fade in and out of music tracks so I could have sound starting and stopping when I wanted it. Nothing complex, just start this track with this slide and stop it on another and then pick up again with another track when I wanted to.

The software I used to use had this, but is no longer developed ( slode show to go) and the one I've adopted (proshow) has it, but I'm not keen on the latters UI and I don't like the fact that they cripple many features out looking for you to upgrade to a much more costly alternative

I know that developers have to make commercial decisions on what they think is most important, but i thought it worth adding an outside view

Regards

Andy

One more time, I'd like to write my opinion on this argument.

I personally feel the need of multiple tracks with the ability to set the volume level and fade in/out (that can be seen as setting the volume level). Also the ability to set the start/end time point of a sound file into PTE would be great. One could take an entire soundtrack and virtually extract the interesting piece without really producing a standalone cutted file. This will lead to simpler handling when different pieces of the same track are needed in different orders.

The interface should behave as shown in previous posts, with many tracks stacked on each other. A splitter would permit to choose how many screen estate give to video or to audio panels. When too many tracks are on screen, a vertical scrollbar will let to scroll without moving the splitter to make room.

When producing the final exe, a mixdown to a single track will be performed to avoid performance issues.

I don't think that dolby 5.1 or stereo is the real issue. I like how PTE now behaves with audio tracks (does it manage only stereo, i don't know).

Even more, given that there is plenty of people that don't like this new audio feature, I think that is still possible not to use it, keeping on the old "good" work with Audacity. Just use a single track, I don't think this will bring chaos on their lifes :)

Still hoping for this long awaited addition.... Umberto