WnSoft Forums

Suggestion to add a mark "Solved" for topics

Igor

Igor,

I think this is an excellent suggestion. I think it will be best if the topic starters take the responsibility rather than the moderators. Speaking as a moderator, I do not always try and re-create every problem. Some I cannot re-create (e.g. any that are Windows 7 related). Therefore I could not accurately confirm that a particular problem has been fixed. But, as a moderator, I could send a PM to a topic starter prompting them to update their topic.

What do others (moderators and ordinary users) think about this?

regards,

Peter

the problem as i see it

-- the other day there was a thread - she asked for help several members seemingly fixed her problem -- she was delighted

i asked which answer fixed it -- no answer

or

another case where somebody thought they had it fixed and 2 days later it reared its head again

ken

Hi,

A few words from my side (just an ordinary user). I would like to see that WnSoft adds something like [bug No. 4712, under progress] if a new (real) bug occurs. This would show that the bug has been acknowledged. Having solved the problem, WnSoft should replace "under progress" by "solved".

Regards,

Xaver

Hi,

A few words from my side (just an ordinary user). I would like to see that WnSoft adds something like [bug No. 4712, under progress] if a new (real) bug occurs. This would show that the bug has been acknowledged. Having solved the problem, WnSoft should replace "under progress" by "solved".

Regards,

Xaver

Xaver

great idea

ken

I don't think Igor wants to recreate a ticketing system with open/closed status (like otrs or osticket). That's usually something that wnsoft.com would use internally when you fill out the support form.

Tom

Maybe that you are right! But I am convinced that the proposed system based on user actions will fail. Some (or perhaps many) users will forget to include the remark "Solved" which may lead to misunderstandings. Others may think that the problem has been solved, while in fact it isn't, etc. .....

Regards,

Xaver

Hi Forum!

I recognized this problem early on. Doing a search and then reading

endless topics leading to no answer I found was annoying.

So what did I do when I put up a topic? :rolleyes:

Read on:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9738&view=findpost&p=69170

/Lennart

Maybe that you are right! But I am convinced that the proposed system based on user actions will fail. Some (or perhaps many) users will forget to include the remark "Solved" which may lead to misunderstandings. Others may think that the problem has been solved, while in fact it isn't, etc. .....

Regards,

Xaver

I agree with Xaver and Peter on this proposal ~it wont work~ and I have forgotten how many times Ken and I have have remarked about

those who come on the Forum with a problem ~get it fixed~ and we never hear from them again not even a acknowledgement nor a thanks.

In comparison to those persons there are many Forum Members who appreciate the help given by others whether the problem is solved or not.

What's really needed is some 'foolproof' method of tagging problems and their 'solutions' within each Forum Category and how that can be

achieved is anyone's guess...but here is one suggestion:-

I know of one Forum which issues a 'Query-Ticket' which is tagged to the Member-Number and if the problem is solved that Member is

obliged to cancel the Query-Ticket ~ should they fail to do that or ignore the responses given they are not issued subsequent Tickets.

This is a very effective method of self-regulation and enforced acknowledgement which a few selfish people would find distasteful but the

majority of Members would find very useful indeed as it is the foundation of a good 'Problem-Database' with numeric retrieval utilities.

Problem being who is going to Host such a Database and maintain it ??

Brian. (Conflow)

Excellent suggestion for me !

For example : http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11127

What is it please ?

Regards

Bernard

Bernard,

I had a look at the 'link' you submitted in your above post and in reply as follows:-

The PTE Program requires a 'Registration-Key' in order to activate all the program utilities which are 'limited' in the demonstration version.

Having paid the Program purchase price a Registration-Key is sent to you via EMail as an attachment or embedded within the EMail.

This 'Registration-Key' is a line of 'script-text' Example:- REGEDIT4 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PTE "Key"="0vFigforS etc,etc,etc,

and can be up to 128 characters in lenght. This command line (or the entire EMail) should be copied and placed within the PTE Folder.

The PC should be restarted and if all conditions are correct the PTE Program will find and recognise the Reg-Key and activate the Program.

However because the Reg-Key is a 'script-line' (or command) and depending on the settings of some Anti-Virus Programs and Firewalls these

can 'falsely' trigger a rejection-process blocking the action of the Reg-Key. Also many new users are simply confused as to what they should

do in order to activate the Program. The best method is to 'Hi-light' the entire Reg-Key (with the left Mouse-Key) then open the PTE Folder

and 'Paste' the Reg-Key into the Folder. This is a simple 'Copy & Paste' action which should be known to all Computer users.

Finally, had we got a 'Query-Ticket' system all one has to do is respond with a 'Posting'...with the script "Sorted + Query No".

(The above is just a suggested demonstration).

Hope this helps...

Brian. (Conflow)

I find myself agreeing with Brian re:

"I agree with Xaver and Peter on this proposal ~it wont work~ and I have forgotten how many times Ken and I have have remarked about

those who come on the Forum with a problem ~get it fixed~ and we never hear from them again not even a acknowledgement nor a thanks.

In comparison to those persons there are many Forum Members who appreciate the help given by others whether the problem is solved or not."

I would like to offer an alternative under the conditions outlined by Brian.

Give the thread a reasonable amount of time and if the OP doesn't get back the Administrator marks it "CLOSED".

DG