WnSoft Forums

Current progress for the next version

Igor

Just love this forum, the things that one learns!!! biggrin.gif

It is a very beautiful and great news that you tell us dear Igor.

Indeed, having to accept my joint work on projects that include photos and videos, that this does not suit me because knowing "a little" PTE this will only strengthen my work and give substance to my interlocutors.

Thank you very much, Mr. Kokarev

• 2 weeks later...

I too am excited by what I have read here!

May I make a small suggestion that might be conveniently implemented at the same time? When there is background sound (which I imagine is usually continuous music and not tied to particular slides), and also sound on particular slides (which is probably voice commentary), it would be great to have the background music automatically reduced in volume when the commentary comes in. Ideally, fading out before the commentary, and fading in after, would be fantastic. Also desirable would be a user option to specify the amount of volume reduction.

The result would be a much more convenient process for building the slideshow, and a more professional-sounding result.

Thank you for giving this your earnest consideration!

This post should have been placed in the suggestions for future section so that Igor could keep track of it :(

ken

As a programmer of 48 years experience, I judged that it was best placed here, as Igor and the team are working on the audio facility. But thank you for the suggestion, I should put it there too. It is actually a suggestion not for the distant future, but for the "next version", the subject of this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Jean-Pierre,

Probably we will add "Export tracks to MP3" option to mix all tracks into one audio file.

It also be nice to have an ogg option with different quality levels, the same for mp3.

Excuse me for long absence on the forum.

We're working on the next version. Probably its version name will be 6.5.

Here are some part of new features and changes:

- The key feature is an advanced audio manipulations with tracks. Fade in/out, cross-fading, simple virtual editing.

- "Insert Blanc Slide" feature.

- "Go to slide" will support slide names in addition to slide numbers.

- Some improvements for 3D objects, including ability to visually adjust 3D axis in the editor by mouse.

Inserting of video clips also in progress already a half of year, but will not be available in the next version yet. We need more time to implement it. A great challenge for PicturesToExe.

Also we're working on porting of PicturesToExe to Mac. That's all I can say now.

Hi Igor

I am waiting with baited breath for you to announce PTE v1 for Mac. The are many of us out there that muddle through by introducing windows to our Macs with all the problems that ensures .> The Mac look alike is Fotomagico not a patch on PTE so please sooner rather than later.

Mike Reed

Hello Mike, I know the feeling. I purchased PTE last September and found PTE to be superb. At that time I had a new MacBook Pro and was able to build Presentations to play on the MacBook Pro though our HD TV and they were stunning and even on my PC/Cinema 23inch monitor (where I build the Presentations) they were incredibly sharp. .......but then I decided in December to move my business over entirely to Mac (MacPro 293 Quad/24" Cinema). From the Mac versus Pc comparison I couldn't be more satisfied BUT I lost my ability to use PTE and am temporarily using Keynote to build presentations for my customers but do I miss PTE and its capabilities! I want to patiently wait on Igor and his fine team and know when they have it available I will be downloading it immediately. ......and passing this Product availability on to other Mac users

Bill

Hi Igor

Your progression with PTE is truly amazing but us Mac users( and there are plenty of us) are still champing at the bit for you to give us a go. I use PTE on my Mac with a Windows addition but I do not like doing it so the sooner the better as far as I am concerned. By the way Fotomagico the Mac equivalent is not a patch on PTE.

Mike Reed

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Mike, I know the feeling. I purchased PTE last September and found PTE to be superb. At that time I had a new MacBook Pro and was able to build Presentations to play on the MacBook Pro though our HD TV and they were stunning and even on my PC/Cinema 23inch monitor (where I build the Presentations) they were incredibly sharp. .......but then I decided in December to move my business over entirely to Mac (MacPro 293 Quad/24" Cinema). From the Mac versus Pc comparison I couldn't be more satisfied BUT I lost my ability to use PTE and am temporarily using Keynote to build presentations for my customers but do I miss PTE and its capabilities! I want to patiently wait on Igor and his fine team and know when they have it available I will be downloading it immediately. ......and passing this Product availability on to other Mac users

Bill

I am with you Bill all the way. The difference in screen resolution since switching away from PC is unbelievable. I am using Fusion 3 to run PTE (XP Pro) on Snow Leopard with 27inch monitor. Only one snag when playing back a sequence the graphics card stumbles a bit, don't know why it should as it is top spec. However the EXE file when created runs without a hitch. So I will live with that until Igor comes up with the goods.

Mike