WnSoft Forums

Royalty Free Music

Barry Beckham

I don't know if the name Medwyn Goodall means anything to people on this forum, but he is a musician who makes, in my view, some great music that is very good for AV.

I have been trying to research some inspirational royalty free music for our type of use and again in my View Medwyn Goodall's music fits that desription.

He is thinking of releasing a back catelogue of his work on a couple of royalty free CD's perhaps building into a larger CD collection later.

The price has yet to be determined, but I get the impression that it will not be huge.

Is that something that users of PTE and readers of this forum would be interested in.

I am trying to determine if it is and would welcome the thoughts of this group. Those who have heard his misic may be more aware of why this is something welcome.

bbdigital

:unsure:

Barry

I would be interested. I too like Medwyn Goodall's music.

Ron [uK]

I am surprised that there has been no other reaction to Barry's original suggestion, particularly from UK readers. Wouldn't Royalty free music cut out the need for Musicians Union approval in the UK?

Ron [uK]

Ron

I am also surprised at so little reaction as this is music from someone who does not usually record royalty free music. It is good stuff and just what we need. The idea is that he would make CD's from his back catalogues of music, but it is still good stuff.

I am hoping the price will not be much more than a regular CD, but will amateurs pay for this or choose not to and just use their home CD's.

I suppose this royalty free music is more important to those of us who want to put slide shows on CD's for sale and do it 100% legally.

bbdigital

Link to Medwyn's web site: Medwyn Goodall

Barry and Ron, I just researched Medwyn and can give you an answer as to why I didn't do anything until now. You didn't give us a link, you didn't say that we could download music samples at his site and you didn't describe the music for those not familiar. After checking out Medwyn's site and music I offer this help, with pleasure:

Use the link provided above for Medwyn's site. It is definitely worth a look. I have downloaded a small sampling of music. The music that I sampled is categorically New Age. It is inspirational, pleasant and of very high quality.

This is top-shelf music! If Medwyn is looking for interest in royalty-free CDs please count me in. Thanks Barry!

That goes for me too! I just downloaded some samples and it is great music. I have been looking for royalty free music because I don't want to violate anyone's rights and, in time, I would like to upload shows to Beechbrook too.

For the price of a commercial cd (way too high in the Netherlands), I would buy this music for shure.

So you can count me in also.

Didn't read this topic until just now.

Marianne

Impressed !

The samples I downloaded are exactly what I have been searching for. Yes I would be very interested in purchasing royalty free music from Medwyn.

His style of music would complete any Picture to Exe show I created.

In view of the interest now shown, I am glad I revived this thread.

Ron [uK]

• 12 years later...