WnSoft Forums

PicturesToExe for Mac

Igor

We have a very good progress with fully functional PicturesToExe Deluxe for Mac version.

I think beta testing will begin in this year.

Before the open beta-testing I'll post an announcement in this section for those who would like to help us with internal alpha testing. Please watch this forum.

Our strategy as with previous version 5.0 - adding of features during beta-testing.

May I be amongst the first to wish you all a Very Happy New Year and swift progress with the MAC version!! Any news of its release date will be such wonderful news indeed!!

• 1 month later...

I know that when Igor was over in the UK inSeptember last year he stated that the Mac version of PTE was a major undertaking but the last date mentioned for this was in March 2010 when it was stated that it was hoped that beta testing would start before the end of the year. As one of many people I know who are currently changing to Mac's it would be nice to know if there is a timetable for the Mac version. I can then plan how long I keep a Windows PC or plan for installing a windows partition on the Mac.

It is not a case of "are we there yet as" suggested on this forum somewhere but looking at what I should or should not be buying in the next year or two

Tony Falla :)

I know that when Igor was over in the UK inSeptember last year he stated that the Mac version of PTE was a major undertaking but the last date mentioned for this was in March 2010 when it was stated that it was hoped that beta testing would start before the end of the year. As one of many people I know who are currently changing to Mac's it would be nice to know if there is a timetable for the Mac version. I can then plan how long I keep a Windows PC or plan for installing a windows partition on the Mac.

It is not a case of "are we there yet as" suggested on this forum somewhere but looking at what I should or should not be buying in the next year or two

You should buy VMWare and run PTE in Windows. Its obvious the Mac version is not a priority and it doesn't look like like it will be released any time soon plus he said it wouldn't have all the features the current version has anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Igor,

I would like to Beta test PTE. I have a range of Macs, two laptops and two desktops, all Intel running 10.6.6 and 10.5.8.

I would give up waiting, having been assured of spring 2010, summer then autumn. They wrote to me a couple of months ago confirming there is NO foreseeable release due to the complexity of the Mac Software.

I therefore had to get on with my life and now with my treasured MacPro use Keynote and Final Cut Pro to insert more complex QuickTime audio visual sequences. A pity that with such a superior product they had not recognised the Mac iPad/iPhone potential which Boinx Fotomagico software have now exploited. Shame I had every faith in them.

There are alternatives to PTE for Mac OS X users that do not want to use Windows. Apple Aperture 3 is one of them and can be purchased in the app store for $80.

Tom

Hello Tom,

I think of the two PtE is the better app for making slideshows..

But can you please tell us more about the capabilities of Aperture and differences with PtE in producing a slideshow?

regards,

Henri.

• 1 month later...

Igor

Is it possible for you to provide a short update here on what your current thinking is for PTE on a Mac. I still receive questions about it and the last I heard was a beta version sometime in 2010.

Any short update would be useful to keep customers informed.

Hi,

[is it possible for you to provide a short update here on what your current thinking is for PTE on a Mac. I still receive questions about it and the last I heard was a beta version sometime in 2010.quote]

Hopefully not at the expense of sorting out the audio fiasco!

John

Hi John,

On your question: A year or two was the last report on a full MacIntosh version. It turns out to be very complex and its necessary for the development team to learn an entire new language and port PTE to that new language in order to create a unified product serving both the MacIntosh and Window user.

On your assumption:

There is no "audio fiasco"... Many new and very useful audio functions have been added if you just take the time to learn to use them. I would suggest looking for the audio tutorials posted by Jean-Claude Colibri. There seems to be a broken link right now, but he has a series of four very good tutorials on audio which I hope with appear again soon.

It's now possible to have multiple audio tracks, add audio to individual slides or via "comments" - expand and contract a sound envelope, use offsets, determine start and stop times, fade-in-fade-out. One has complete control over volume with audio and with the envelope it's possible to adjust that volume in real time. With the envelope one can easily insert one or more tracks into any position along the time-line, etc. It's quite powerful in my opinion.

The major thing which remains is to help with user understanding. It might also be useful to have an overarching visual waveform showing multiple tracks simultaneously. As time goes on there will be continuous improvements in audio function just as there have been with visual function.

Best regards,

Lin

Lin,

I was aware of the problems relating to a Mac version - only hopeful that they may be surmounted soon.

Regarding Audio, I still consider the way in which it is presented is very, very POOR indeed.

I have spent many hours working with it and am able to make use of it to a reasonable extent. However, as I think you yourself are implying, it falls short of being user friendly, to put it mildly. Yes I have watched Jean-Claude's videos which are very helpful.

My concern is that due to its complex interface many newcomers to PTE, of whom I meet many, are perplexed as to why it (audio) has to be so clumsy to operate. I want no more features than are available only that they are more simply applied.

Sorry for hi-jacking this topic but I feel it important to make this point as often as possible in order to attract the attention of Igor. After all I bet he has got little else to do at the moment!!!

Regards,

Disgruntled John.