WnSoft Forums

windows 7 64 bit

Igor

APLman,

Ive noticed you are still using PTE v6.0 ... since your .pte test files are produced in

PteVersion=6.00

Its best to test your issue using the latest PTE release available. Install the latest PicturesToExe Version 6.0.2 (January 19, 2010) available here:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10889&view=findpost&p=70616

or

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10889&view=findpost&p=73134

I cannot say your issue will be resolved in using v6.02 ... but it does have the latest available fixes to date as compared to v6.0. Any users having issues with PTE should always test with the latest release possible.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you nobeefstu ...

How are we to know of 6.0.2? I have had no advice of it, and I see nothing on the web site about it. The Help/About for my version simply tells me it's 6.0. Would be nice to see the next decimal point!

The list of changes for 6.0.2, now that I have tracked it down, gives me no encouragement to think it fixes the problem that has troubled quite a few of us with Windows 7 64-bit. Fingers crossed that Igor will track it down soon.

Regards

APLman (Ken)

I've now run TEST-1 and TEST-2 with PTE 6.0.2. Both experienced the problem ... crazy jumping around of PTE task bar button, and no interaction possible. Needed to "End task" via Task Manager.

Sorry I have no further information.

Regards

Ken Travers (APLman)

Guest Yachtsman1

I've been analysing problems people are having with various software packages when using them on the new W7 system. I have checked the software I use from PTE, Canon, & Nikon. I can honestly say IMHO most of what I've read relates to users of the 64 bit versions. If I do change to W7 when I get my new PC, I have settled on W7 Professional 32bit, one of the main reasons for this is the facility to use XP to run problem software, which I believe isn't available on the Home edition. B)

Yachtsman1

I have installed version 6.0.2.

A very limited improvement.

It takes 1 minute per slide to drag it into the task bar and I need to put the computor into sleep mode every 7th slide. Animations are possible but again take several minutes. I have not tried creating nor saving a show as by slide 20 I loose the will to live.

Dave

Guest Yachtsman1

I've been analysing problems people are having with various software packages when using them on the new W7 system. I have checked the software I use from PTE, Canon, & Nikon. I can honestly say IMHO most of what I've read relates to users of the 64 bit versions. If I do change to W7 when I get my new PC, I have settled on W7 Professional 32bit, one of the main reasons for this is the facility to use XP to run problem software, which I believe isn't available on the Home edition. B)

Yachtsman1

This statement is now out of date. See discussion in the Laptop verses Cube PC in the hardware section.

Yachtsman1

• 2 weeks later...

We're still trying reproduce these problems with Windows 7 and no luck with it yet. I hope will be more successful in the next year. Thanks for your patience.

Hello Igor ...

Seems to me that most of the posts in this topic describe other problems, but not the one you first mentioned on 23 December. I think I have some useful information for you.

I too was finding that I could not add a slide to a small project, nor could I move a slide to a different position in the slide list. I would get a very striking effect of task bar buttons blinking and shrinking/expanding, multiple buttons in the task bar, and even the Task Manager window flickering when I tried to investigate.

Here is what I have discovered, using PTE version 6.0.2 on two different machines:

Desktop: Windows 7 64-bit, Dell Studio XPS 4 GB machine with ATI Radeon HD 4350 video card (512 MB).

Notebook: Windows 7 32-bit, Toshiba L300 (Celeron) 2 GB machine.

Toshiba notebook Windows 7 32-bit ... No problem of the type described.

Dell desktop Windows 7 64-bit ... Yes, problem exactly as described.

BUT: Turn off the Aero interface, use Windows 7 Basic Theme ... PROBLEM DISAPPEARS!!!

I sincerely hope [A] this information is useful to you, and I can continue to be trouble-free on both machines!

Igor, thank you for such a marvellous program ... and good luck in tracking down the reason for this annoyance.

Best Wishes

APLman (Ken Travers)

Moss Vale NSW Australia

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to ask users of Windows 7 who have problems with PicturesToExe 5.5, 5.6 and 6.0.

This problem was described as a freezing of the program or Windows when an user starts a new project and add one or several new slides.

We still can't reproduce this problem and need more information. All I know presently that Microsoft recently fixed very similar issue related with video drivers when Windows Vista was upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit.

Please answer on several questions:

1) Brief description of the problem.

2) Edition of Windows 7 (Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, etc.)

3) 32-bit or 64-bit?

4) It's a new clean installation of upgrade from Windows XP or Windows Vista? (please specify version of previous Windows - 32-bit or 64-bit)?

5) Did it help solve this problem when you installed all suggested drivers and updated through Windows Update?

6) The problem is resolved now?

Thanks in advance!

I just upgraded my copy of Picture2exe to version 6 for my new Windows 7 machine.

1. Several times today I tried to add photos to a new project. Each time that I selected one or more pictures to add, the screen froze. I had to use Task Manager to kill Picture2exe. I tried to Save frequently, but that makes no difference. Currently, the PRODUCT IS USELESS on Win 7. In 10 attempts to add photos, the sw froze 8 times. It does not crash on the initial add to the project, but it freezes when I try to add any more photos. I also cannot move photos to a new position - screen freezes. Only way to kill it is with Task Manager.

2. Windows 7 Professional

3. 32 bit

4. Clean install of Win 7 on a new box.

5. What suggested updates from Windows?

6. Not resolved at all. I am very disappointed. I have used your product for years, and now I cannot.

Hi, I am a new member, just joined this evening but hace been playing with PTE since 2003. Early in 2009 my PC crashed and I decided to rebuild but had a number of disasters with external drives which have only recently been resolved and during the last two weeks my newly built PC is actually running. I have a clean installation and am running Windows 7 Ultimate, 32bit. My problem is that I cannot re-install PTE 5.5 De Lux or earlier versions which were in zipped folders and copied accross from my old HDD. When I click on setup in any version either a window opens inviting me to extract all files and when I do I get an error message 0x80004005 or, alternatively when I click on setup a window appears containing the following message: "Compressed (zipped) Folders Error. Windows cannot complete the extraction. The destination file could not be created". The latter message applies particularly to v.5.5.

After trying for sometime to activate the older versions I decided to try downloading PTE 6.0 but when I tried to use my Key I received a message telling me it was for a different product. Neither my original Key nor that for v.5.5 would work, the same message was received for both. During the time my PC has been out of action I feel certain that my Licence for V.5.5 should have been renewed but I would still have expected it to run with limited facilities. I have sent a message to WnSoft and am awaiting their response but would be interested to know if anyone else has experienced similar problems or has an answer to it.

During 2009 I bought a MacPro running Snow Leopard and am looking forward to the advent of PTE for Macs.

Hi,

I have been scanning this tread with interest as I am considering purchasing a new PC. My inclination would be to go for W7 Pro 64 bit but am having doubts. My use would be for PTE, PSE8, Audacity etc but in the longer term possibly video. I notice the point raised by somebody and agreed with by Lin Evans in his detailed explanation of the Windows 7 situation that things may not settle down till after the release of Service Pack 1. Does anybody have ANY idea as to when this is likely to happen?

Regards

John

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi,

I have been scanning this tread with interest as I am considering purchasing a new PC. My inclination would be to go for W7 Pro 64 bit but am having doubts. My use would be for PTE, PSE8, Audacity etc but in the longer term possibly video. I notice the point raised by somebody and agreed with by Lin Evans in his detailed explanation of the Windows 7 situation that things may not settle down till after the release of Service Pack 1. Does anybody have ANY idea as to when this is likely to happen?

Regards

John

Hi Jon I to am balanced on a knife edge wondering if it is better to hang fire before ordering my new PC, I have selectedand some W7 Professional as it will operate in XP mode. I think the only person who knows when MS will bring out SP1 is Bill Gates. I think they are fully occupied with the IE8 controversy at present. Saying that however, there have been a number of posts on here where PTE users are using W7 in one form or another without problems & one wonders if the people having trouble are just too inexperienced to sort their problems. There are similar problem posts on Nikon, Adobe Elements and Canon forum sites I use. With this and the anti virus problems I am wondering whether to hang fire, however my current laptop is on the point of dropping dead so I need to do something soon. :ph34r: Maybe if Igor could up-date us with his thoughts on the matter it would give us confidence to proceed.

Yachtsman1

Yachtsman1,

I would put myself in the category of "not being able to sort myself out" - hence my worry! Also like you, since my last desktop bit the dust about a year ago I have using my laptop and been putting off taking the plunge, but as it too is becoming a bit temperamental I'm becoming anxious.

John

Igor,

re: Windows 7. (Home Premium 64bit)

I installed Win7 three days ago (on a new hard drive) ~ and have just noticed the forum thread re: possible issues with PTE 6.x

So,,, in order to hopefully provide some useful feedback I started a new project in PTE (v.6.0.2)

I included some image animation / text animation etc. etc. --- add slides --- removed slides --- and everything worked perfectly, however I DID encounter some issues in O&A.

More often than not, when I clicked on a 'button', something other than what I was expecting happened. For example:- when I clicked on the 'size/position' button the next slide in the sequence would come up on-screen. (and similar such occurrences).

This appeared to be resolved when I resized the PTE screen smaller, to something closer to 1024x768 - or smaller (my monitor resolution is 1920x1080) - this seemed to resolve the issue (for me). With the PTE screen reduced in size it continues to work perfectly. Could it be that there is some sort of cursor/screen reference point issue with PTE in Windows 7 ? That might explain others experiencing non-functional buttons and the suchlike !?

I output an HD video rendition of the slideshow / an iTunes version of the slideshow / and an 'exe' file --- all worked perfectly well --- apart for the fact that the 'exe' file took about 25secs to complete (10secs to reach 100% + 10secs more to clear + 5secs more to abandon hard-drive activity).

That is all I can report at this time --- I hope it will be of help.

Intel Core2 Duo 3Ghz

Ati Radeon 4850 1GB

8GB 800Mhz

Regards,

bjc

Guest Yachtsman1

An idea for the next versaion would be for pxe to work on a windows 7 64 bit system without freezing the computer.

Dave2 It would be of assistance if you told us what the details of your computer are. There is already a thread collating problems W7 users are having with the programme. Details such as which version of W7, your processor, ram, etc are needed. Don't just assume its PTE causing your problem.

Yachtsman1.

I use Pte since years, not frequently, but I love this programme. Until now I had Windows XP and had no problems.

I have bought a new PC with windows 7 64 bits and have follow problems with solutions, who can help other people:

1. First problem : when adding a pictures to timeline PTE freeze or is very slow.

Solution : when disabled

Show Real Slides in Mini-Player (in View menu, Advanced options)

2. When I try to open a project nothing appear, I must open the project with Open recent project and . In O&A impossible to add a pictures, with text, rectangle, etc no problems.

Solution : Security tab of the program properties window, right click on the Pte Icon, disable : Disable visual themes

1. Windows 7 Home premium

2. 64 bits

3. New PC HP p6232

4. PTE 6.04

I hope my English explanation is clear, because I live in Luxemburg and speak French.

Freezing of PicturesToExe under Windows 7

We've prepared a special test version for users of Windows 7 who have a problem with PicturesToExe (freezing of the program on adding of new slides). Please try it:

Win7_Test1:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/picturestoexe-setup_Win7_Test1.exe

ppenen,

You wrote about the second problem with Win7 when Open dialogs in PicturesToExe. So you can't see any open dialog when you click "Open project" in the main window, "Add image object" in O&A editor, "Add music" in Project options | Music tab. Right?

Please try this special second test:

http://www.wnsoft.com/test/TestWin7Dialogs.exe (500 KB)

Click "Button 1" which should show Open dialog if it works normally. Thanks in advance!

Freezing of PicturesToExe under Windows 7

Win7_Test1: After adding a third picture the program froze,I install the program again and it froze after adding the first picture. Remark: before adding a picture I try "Open project" in the main window, "Add image object" in O&A editor, this works normally.

The second problem:

Yes I can't see any open dialog when you click "Open project" in the main window, "Add image object" in O&A editor. I don't try to add music in my new project. But your second test works normally.

Regards

Pierre

Pierre,

Thanks for your help!

First problem with freezing

1) Could you please try another test with version 6.0.4. Set again checked "Show real slides in Slide list", and disable "Show real slide in Mini Player".

2) When these both options are turned on and you have this problem, does it happens with you just open a recent projects? Or freezing happens only on adding of a new slides?

Issue with Open dialog

1) Do you always have this problem?

2) What exactly happens when you call "Open project"? You see nothing and can continue work with the program, or the main window doesn't responds on mouse clicks?

3) Do you work with one display or multi-display configuration?

Igor,

First problem with freezing

Adding slides in a recent project project:

1.- When the two options "Show real slides in Slide list" and "Show real slide in Mini Player" are enabled, when add slides the program freeze

2.- when "Show real slide in Mini Player" disabled and "Show real slides in Slide list" enabled, no problems

3.- when "Show real slide in Mini Player" and "Show real slides in Slide list" disenabled no problems

4.- when "Show real slide in Mini Player" enabled and "Show real slides in Slide list" disabled the program freeze

When you create a new project : what is enabled or disabled no problems when adding slides.

Issue with Open dialog

1.- With "http://www.wnsoft.co...Win7Dialogs.exe" the test is OK.

2.- In the program and your test program when in program properties "Disable visual themes" is enabled, when you want to open a project you see nothing. Also when "Add image object" in O&A editor, "Add music" in Project options. I open a project with "Open Recent Project"

When you have disabled "Disable visual themes" everything works normally.

3.- I work with one display and not in multi-display configuration.

I hope everything is clear. If you want other informations or other tests. You're welcome.

Pierre