WnSoft Forums

Selling the War

Posters of WW2.

5.53 Minutes

23.7meg

48 slides

This is a small selection of my WW2 poster collection.

Warning: Some may find the material contained herein disturbing and upsetting.

Please do NOT download this presentation if you find this type of material disturbing.

NB: The motion is almost all linear due to the fact I still dont understand the Setting up function.

PC Version: http://www.mediafire.com/?o2tdgzknj3a

Mac Version: http://www.mediafire.com/?4mfdemzzbym

Posters of WW2.

5.53 Minutes

23.7meg

48 slides

This is a small selection of my WW2 poster collection.

Warning: Some may find the material contained herein disturbing and upsetting.

Please do NOT download this presentation if you find this type of material disturbing.

NB: The motion is almost all linear due to the fact I still dont understand the Setting up function.

PC Version: http://www.mediafire.com/?o2tdgzknj3a

Mac Version: http://www.mediafire.com/?4mfdemzzbym

Hello Andrew! Thank you so much for adding the Mac Version. I was born around 1 month before the end of WWII in Europe and I am extremely interested in that time. Thank you for a great job well done and therefore reminding us of those who gave so much for our freedom. Freedom is not free and comes with a tremendous price. (I have been to Germany and have some dear friends there , including several families in former east Germany, whom I visited before and after the wall came down. I also had the great privilege to visit Russia in 1985) Thanks again Bill

Impressive work Andrew! Upsetting no, informative yes. This is a fine use of PTE to implement your concept and share your posters and educate many of us. It was important for me, to be able to pause the presentation and forward/reverse to more closely understand the posters. I admit I have seldom thought of what posters might have been used by the "other" countries. Thanks for conceiving and sharing.

Andrew,

I agree with the comments above, in that it was a well-conceived sequence that informed. But I think it could be improved still further.

You used different pieces of national music for each country and set the posters against a variant of that country's national flag; so you don't need the slides that tell us, via text captions, which country is being represented - we already know!

Also, the change of music at each change of country is somewhat abrupt and this, for me, disrupts the flow of the sequence. If you were to mix your music items into a single continuous stream, using cross-fades to get from one piece to the next, you would have a sequence that then truly flowed.

regards,

Peter

Thank you all for the kind comments. Its very nice to get this kind of encouragement.

Davy - Sorry about the spelling. Its my Nemesis...as we know. :lol:

Peter, I agree about the music I should have spent more time on it. I wondered about the text for each country and in hindsight your right it doesnt seem to add anything. The trick I think is knowing when to add an element and when not. Hopefully as I get more experience that will come.

I'm glad you have all enjoyed the art work so far.

Andrew

Hello Andrew, some additional thoughts. I have watched your presentation 3 or 4 times and have now forwarded the link to my son and his family. They all are well learned in American and world history and would know the flags and country but that gives another thought about adding the slide with the country's name. Many of us here do recognize the flag and country but for the younger generation who lacks a good understanding of history and in many cases knows little about it I think they might just need that extra title introduction to direct them to clearly recognize the country. (I wished I could of paused each slide so I could study more in depth each poster). Well done Andrew! Thanks Bill note: as Peter mentioned about the music I agree it could be smoothed out a little more and question, where did you find the sound track for the Russian section?

Bill, The russian piece is the Red Army Choir and the Russian National Anthem.

Hope your family enjoy the show.

Years ago I used to do a road show round schools and Universities with a large display of WW2 memorobelia. I used to give them a lesson as it would have been taught under a Hitlerite education system.

Then a quiz finding the answer to printed questions from various books and artifacts on display etc. The kids loved it. I still have all the material.

Hi Bill, we have informed you before, that to pause/resume, a show, you only have to press the space bar.

This action, (when allowed by shows creator) will let you examine the onscreen slide as long as you want.(Andrew does)

Best regards, Gayland

Hello Andrew, some additional thoughts. I have watched your presentation 3 or 4 times and have now forwarded the link to my son and his family. They all are well learned in American and world history and would know the flags and country but that gives another thought about adding the slide with the country's name. Many of us here do recognize the flag and country but for the younger generation who lacks a good understanding of history and in many cases knows little about it I think they might just need that extra title introduction to direct them to clearly recognize the country. (I wished I could of paused each slide so I could study more in depth each poster). Well done Andrew! Thanks Bill note: as Peter mentioned about the music I agree it could be smoothed out a little more and question, where did you find the sound track for the Russian section?

Hello Gayland, Thanks about the tip about pausing with the spacebar. Actually I don't recall asking about that before but maybe it was forgotten too. Since going to Mac in December and not building any presentations since last fall I have forgotten some of the features in the building of the presentation. Thanks Bill

Hi Bill, I apologize, my mistake,I was thinking of someone else.

Please forgive me, Gayland.

"Once I make up my mind, I'm full of indecision."

Hello Gayland, Thanks about the tip about pausing with the spacebar. Actually I don't recall asking about that before but maybe it was forgotten too. Since going to Mac in December and not building any presentations since last fall I have forgotten some of the features in the building of the presentation. Thanks Bill

Hello Gayland, dear friend at Wnsoft. That is fine, we all can error at times and I am really glad for all the help here and I have learned so much from you folks. Bill

Andrew

Finally got the time to view your AV, in a word Great!! The only point I would make has already been made by Peter regarding the music.

As a bit of a history buff WW2 holds a particular interest to me so I enjoyed the posters very much and am very envious of you with an attic full of them. Would have loved to see some from Japan and of course my home Australia but you probably have not got them.

Art in its many forms can be very informative about a particular time in history that it came from and the art of the poster maker is a good example of this. The styles of each country are quite unique and reflect the roll each played.

Thank-you very much for this show, it is a keeper for me.

Andrew

Finally got the time to view your AV, in a word Great!! The only point I would make has already been made by Peter regarding the music.

As a bit of a history buff WW2 holds a particular interest to me so I enjoyed the posters very much and am very envious of you with an attic full of them. Would have loved to see some from Japan and of course my home Australia but you probably have not got them.

Art in its many forms can be very informative about a particular time in history that it came from and the art of the poster maker is a good example of this. The styles of each country are quite unique and reflect the roll each played.

Thank-you very much for this show, it is a keeper for me.

Hi John

Thank you for the kind remarks. I do indeed have 4 from Japan and 5 from Italy. I didnt include them as I didnt want to overload the show. I'm doing an extended version and fixing the music which I will offer to Beechbrook and if its accepted I'll let you know.

Andrew

Update: I have completed the extended version and Bill has very kindly accepted it for Beechbrook. [please download it from Beechbrook]

It includes Italian and Japanese not previously seen. I altered the music and fixed my spelling error. :lol:

The mac version can be found here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mmudevmnnze

Best wishes

Andrew

Very interessant to see this big work of mobilisation with the modern medias ; beautifull collection , and a good work with PTE !

Very good introduction to a presentation of this war to young generation .

Do'nt forget !

daniel

Andrew,

Thanks for a very interesting and well-done presentation. I believe many of us typically think of PTE as a medium for presenting slideshows of photographs we or others have taken. You have cleverly exploited the program to bring to life a wonderful collection of memorabilia that many of us might not otherwise have seen. Thanks for bringing it to us!